Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino vs. Meguiar's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 12:35 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maximZ
A Zaino friend once told me that if you spent the same amount of money and time w/ Maguire products, you can pretty much get the same result. Zaino required way more time and effort but it typically looks a bit nicer. But for me, Maguires is the way to go. Much simpler with excellent results.
I've used both the three stage Gold Class stuff (for several years, cleaner, polish, and wax) as well as Zaino. Zaino is no more work than Meguiar's if you do both right. In my opinion, Zaino is actually easier to reapply. I can do my Z in probably 20 minutes, not counting drying time. It takes that long just to buff off the Gold Class because it is harder to remove completely. NXT is a bit better in this regards, but it still doesn't last as long as Zaino.

So, faster to apply and remove each time you wax, lasting longer so I don't have to do it as much, and probably a slightly better look when your done. Zaino wins in my book. If you haven't used both, and just see all of the Zainidiots as nuts and blow them off as being crazy, you owe it to yourself to try Zaino. I was very happy with everything about Meguiar's except durability. I realized once I tried it though that Zaino is definitely a superior product.

Last edited by MannishBoy; 10-28-2005 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:38 PM
1G-350Z

true, true, true... There is a reason why Zaino got #1 on the Guru list...
Old 10-28-2005, 12:44 PM
chimmike

Originally Posted by Fishey
Its all about cheap Zymol it owns Zaino for free expecially if your paint sucks (IE its an older car)

Zymol is like liquid freakin sandpaper. It's by far the harshest wax I've ever used.....it's like waxing your car with soft scrub.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Death match!

Lock both in a steel cage and we can sell tickets.

I use Zanio to some good effect. It's really easy to polish off after application. You'll not go far wrong with any good quality product but if you have black then you've got issues that need to be carefully looked at.

The lighting and angle was pretty good with this picture.

Old 10-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Wicked4u2c

What I found is Zaino is all hype, and ussually the people who support it are stubborn elitist and think its the most superior product on the planet. Sure, im not going to lie it does work. But its one of those "What's your favorite gas" type thread. All gases work, but some will swear by techron, others say Mobil is waterdown gas etc... Id say its what you like to use period, but what bothers me is the Zaino users. Don't believe me, do a search and see for yourself. That's what bothers me, I just laugh now Also reminds me of the geeks who swear by Apple computers. Ever notice how Apple people always say "PC SUCKS!!" oh man... I have to do a search on a thread I posted about 2 years ago, the results were shocking!
Old 10-29-2005, 01:42 AM
taurran

I think the main difference is simply the durability of the finish. I remember earlier this year at a meet, I was getting people asking about what I used to wax my car (keep in mind, these folks use Menzerna, Zaino, and high end waxes), and they were quite surprised when I told them it was Meguire's. I just wish the stuff lasted a bit longer...
Old 10-29-2005, 05:40 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked4u2c
What I found is Zaino is all hype, ...
You could say that was true if it was actually advertised, promoted and hyped by the manufacturer, distributors, etc.. Since none of that actually happens then the "hype" label doesn't qualify.

When somebody posts a question here about what wax/polish other people use or if one is better than another, the majority of responses are based on everybodys experience with those products. If you use something and it works as advertised, then you're probably happy with it and you're going to positively promote it. Hyping typically occurs when somebody has a financial gain at stake. Nobody here has anything to gain by convincing others to use Zaino. As with most other aspects of the Z (performance, parts), we share the knowledge to help other Z owners get the most out of their cars.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:45 AM
ayman350z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

zaino all the way
Old 10-29-2005, 07:55 AM
1G-350Z

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
You could say that was true if it was actually advertised, promoted and hyped by the manufacturer, distributors, etc.. Since none of that actually happens then the "hype" label doesn't qualify.

When somebody posts a question here about what wax/polish other people use or if one is better than another, the majority of responses are based on everybodys experience with those products. If you use something and it works as advertised, then you're probably happy with it and you're going to positively promote it. Hyping typically occurs when somebody has a financial gain at stake. Nobody here has anything to gain by convincing others to use Zaino. As with most other aspects of the Z (performance, parts), we share the knowledge to help other Z owners get the most out of their cars.
+1

Nice to see an educated response
Old 10-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And BTW independent surveys routinely have Apple computers at the top customer surveys.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:26 PM
jdg345

What's the best place to pick up Zaino? I assume it's only available online?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Zaino is extremely easy to use. People think it's complicated because they read all the directions over and over and over before doing it. It really is quite easy.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:05 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jdg345
What's the best place to pick up Zaino? I assume it's only available online?
For the most part yes, there are some distributors around and they sell it for the same price. The one I use is closer and does 2-day delivery.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:27 AM
jdg345

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
For the most part yes, there are some distributors around and they sell it for the same price. The one I use is closer and does 2-day delivery.
tyvm! I appreciate it!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:05 PM
barthelb
Master

How much does Zaino cost.

For instance i use a cleaner wax, Polish (showtime glaze) then NXT.

Total for that is about 20bucks for all 3. So what is a Zaino system like that go for?
Old 11-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Zaino is gonna cost you a bit more. Zainobros.com

You'll want
ZFX(or Z1 if you're cheap, lol)
Z-2(shines)
z-5(removes fine scratches/swirls)
z-6(finishing spray/between layers)
z-7(soap)

and if you want awesome shine...z-8 grand finale detail spray.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:11 PM
chimmike

you really don't need all that. Heck, you don't even need the polish lok.

I've done a clay bar with 2 coats of Z2 and was absolutely blown away with the depth and liquid gloss shine. And that lasted damn near 3 months in FL sun!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

You don't NEED it but the different products bond together forming continually deeper shine. The soap is nice because it won't remove your product like some other soaps will.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:28 AM
350xfire

Originally Posted by barthelb
Try NXT it comes off so easy and does not leave that streaky hazy residue. I was told the secret is just using a lil bit. A rain drop size at a time on the pad.
I use a damp cloth. This way the water helps to apply really thin layers of the NXT that dry quickly.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:25 PM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*sigh* zaino ****'s

tons of good products out there..

here's mine with poorboy ex and ps21.

i've also used #16 and #24 for meguiars wax with great results

nobody is the best.. every brand has their bad and good.

also, you're supposed to put on enough wax to cover the surface or you just end up wasting the product

Last edited by accordfreak; 11-27-2005 at 10:34 PM.