Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino vs. Meguiar's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 10:53 PM
zpak

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Zaino vs. Meguiar's?

I was having a debate with my brother.

He has a black E46 M3 and swears by Zaino as the "best" wax.

My other friend has a dark blue 996 Turbo and swears by Meguiar's Gold Class wax.

I'm not sure which is better, but I've used the Meguiar's Gold Class on my SuperBlack 35AE, and it seems to work fine, but I was wondering if there were any significant differences between the two (i.e. which is better/safer for the clear coat, longetivity of water-beading).
Old 09-25-2005, 10:54 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Detailing forum.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:29 PM
crazygideon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

paint thinner and sand paper gives the best shine ...jk

zaino all the way
Old 09-25-2005, 11:43 PM
rb6sn

zaino!
Old 09-26-2005, 12:30 AM
manofsteele2003

Both are good products, I have used Meguairs for years but switched to Zaino because it lasts alot longer and seems to shine a bit better.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:47 AM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've been using meguiar's gold classon my redline as well... i eally like it, cause of ease of use... i've been wondering though, does it layer like zaino does? i swear it does but i'm not sure at all....

btw- gold class works best if you do the every couple of times- meguiar's step 1 (paint cleaner) then step 2 (polish) and then top off with the gold class.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:49 AM
Cronic

I like meguires High Tech yellow wax better then gold class.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:59 AM
mdracer76
Banned

I think that your gonna find people that will take to both sides...

I personally think that Zaino is too reflective for its own good .. and robs the paints natural depth. That and its price is too much to spend on wax .. unless you have money coming out of your ears.

Thats just me... I prefer Meguiars NXT because its not expensive... gives a great gloss with-out distracting from the depth of the paint.

p.s. I'd Still use Meguiar's even if they wern't one of my sponsors
Old 09-26-2005, 07:44 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Why not do an experiment. Wax half of you hood with one, and the other half with the other. 90 days later take some photos and post them here. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:58 AM
ANXIOUZ

A Zaino friend once told me that if you spent the same amount of money and time w/ Maguire products, you can pretty much get the same result. Zaino required way more time and effort but it typically looks a bit nicer. But for me, Maguires is the way to go. Much simpler with excellent results.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:25 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I haven't tried Meguiars, but I swithed from Klasse to Zaino and Zaino makes my car look much better than Klasse polish did.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:37 AM
barthelb
Master

I've tried every wax, polish on the market except Zaino because 1 its too confusing form me to learn it right now, 2 it seems like a lot of coats and use this before that.

I bought the Meguiars NXT and i have to say, Im thoroughly impressed. After I use it people ask me after a 2nd was or 3rd wash if I just waxed it. Im used to the Meguiars Step 1,2,3 which works well but you spen so much time in it. 1 coat of this stuff and its blinging. Im gonna try and do a 1, 2, and NXT next time just to see how shiney it comes out. I'll get before and after pix for yal too.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Fishey

Its all about cheap Zymol it owns Zaino for free expecially if your paint sucks (IE its an older car)
Old 09-26-2005, 12:25 PM
barthelb
Master

Try NXT it comes off so easy and does not leave that streaky hazy residue. I was told the secret is just using a lil bit. A rain drop size at a time on the pad.

Originally Posted by Fishey
Its all about cheap Zymol it owns Zaino for free expecially if your paint sucks (IE its an older car)
Old 09-26-2005, 12:36 PM
sharingan625

i think one of the reasons ppl are going with zaino over mag is because of z5's swirl hiding power.

i've never tried zaino, but im actually thinking about trying zaino after unsuccessful swirl hiding with NXT...
Old 09-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Miko

For brand new paint, would it be good if i did: 1)wash 2)dry 3)meguiars polish 3) meguiar's glaze 4) meguiars yellow 26 wax?
i dont want to do too much or something not necessary.
Thanks
Old 09-26-2005, 04:12 PM
ericjackson

go to meguiars online forums. they have so much info for you. it blows my mind how much you can learn from there
Old 09-27-2005, 06:45 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by Miko
For brand new paint, would it be good if i did: 1)wash 2)dry 3)meguiars polish 3) meguiar's glaze 4) meguiars yellow 26 wax?
i dont want to do too much or something not necessary.
Thanks

I used to follow that regimine.. now I just NXT .. I know.. I'm lazy... just NXT alone "almost" looks as good as Glaze and 26 combo...

NXT wont hide swirls very good.. but glaze will

Meguiars has plenty of products that can actually remove swirls with the right equipment
Old 09-27-2005, 07:51 AM
Kevin V

Everyone's needs are different. Trying different products is how you find out what YOU think is best. I've tried dozens of products for 35 years and use nothing but Zaino. I have the following things I want from a product: shine, durability, protection, ease of application and removal, easy to maintain, economical.

Zaino is the easiest product to use I've ever tried. The durability of Zaino is second to none. Since using Zaino I have yet to have a single bird dropping or bug guts etching. Maintaining the shine is very easy with the Z-6 detail spray and Z-8 spray sealant. Since so little of Zaino is used per application it is actually very economical.

Zaino has line of products, just as many other manufacturers do. McG has about 100 different products. Each Zaino product has a specific use, such as, car wash, detailer, polish, clay bar, tire dressing, leather cleaner, leather conditioner, etc. How someone can be confused by that is beyond me.

If anyone thinks Zaino is alot of work, they have never used it. Prep work is NOT a Zaino thing and should be done regardless of the product you plan to use. My son can do 3 applications in about 90 minutes, including washing and drying the car.

Try different products and see what YOU like best. That is what I did.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:56 AM
Miko

I've seen Zaino all over, and no question about it i would try it. Its just that i have a bunch of Meguiar's products already..such as the cleaner wax, deep crystal polish, machine glaze, and yellow 26 wax. If these products are going to do the job just like any other, i'll keep and use them. That's all.
I just want to preserve the paint, keep a rich color just like the rest of you...i just want something that will 'last' so i dont have to do the process every month or so..
I haven't tried a sealer, but i'm guessing it goes over the coat of wax.

I used to apply in circular motion..and now i'll just be going in a back and forth motion...

Quick Reply: Zaino vs. Meguiar's?