Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Valet

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 05:24 AM
Z33Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rule of thumb - Just say "no" to valet service. I've done it once, and it was at a five-star hotel where there wasn't any other easy, safe parking. No problems for me, but the entire staff came out and looked through it for about 5 minutes while I checked in. Really, you never quite know what they'll do - they've got your keys, and you don't.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:26 AM
MY350isbtrthnurz

Ouch... Every time I hear about some valet worker I remember when I took my Wrangler to a Hotel and a valet tried to park my Jeep. My wife and I where going to get away for the weekend (This was before I got my Z) because we have been so busy the last few months. We loaded everything up in the Jeep and went to a fancy Hotel. The drive was about two hours so by the time we got there we were pretty hungry. I pulled up to check-in and the bellhop met me at the door and ask if he could grab the luggage out of the back. I said sure. I went ahead to go check-in, the bellhop had all my luggage out by the time I reached the counter. Wow! I said to myself this is going to be a good experience for the both of us. I get my room key all is well I asked the check-in girl where is a good place to get a bite to eat. She said if you head down the main hall that their are three very good places to dine! Perfect, I said. I went back outside to move my Jeep and the valet offers to take my Jeep and park it near my room. I said sure why not, that way my wife and I can go and get a bite to eat.

Now just to give some back ground my Jeep has close to ten inches of lift wrapped with 37" tires. This is no light weight Jeep.

So my Jeep is still running and I handed some cash to the valet before he got in. I didn't think of anything so I left to go and eat. An hour or so passes we finish eating and go head up to our room. We open our door, our luggage is all there, the bed is turned down, mints on the pillows. Nice! Very Nice! This is the best place ever I feel like I'm in heaven. My wife asks where is the cell phone. I said in the Jeep I think. She said we should bring it in and charge it. So I go out to the parking lot, no jeep. I was like huh, ok... where did they hide it. I walked all over the parking lot couldn't find it. As I headed to the front desk I saw my Jeep and there were flashing lights. Kind of worried I walk out side and there in a crushed miata on a wrecker (the hood and fenders). Wtf is going on. I asked the hotel manager what happened and he said they had a small problem. Apparently the valet back my Jeep onto the Miata to get around the another vehicle. The manager said the valet didn't see the car behind him as it just pulled up. The lady was still in her car when the valet back up onto her car! No damage was done to my Jeep but I got my room for two nights free.

Last edited by MY350isbtrthnurz; 02-11-2003 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:42 AM
vova151

To date I have had great valet service. Almost every time I have my car valeted it's put up front away from other cars. I had one valet put it in a handicapped spot

The only place I have had them drive away where I couldn't see it......PF Changs. I always give it a walk around though.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:37 PM
ProjectGoose

lol, great story MY350isbtrthnurz
Old 02-11-2003, 02:00 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whenever contemplating valvet service, I remember the valvet service sequence in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. That ends that idea!
Old 02-11-2003, 07:56 PM
jmp

Default valet

youv'e got to be asking for problems to let anybody drive or park your car for any reason except your wife or kids, theres really no reason to, just park it yourself and walk your lazy *** to the place your at. if thats a problem go somewhere else. nobody drives my vehicles,what are tou guys thinking.gonna order my z perf. no spoilers no mudguards 6 spdas soon as i decide on color red or silverstone. i'm getting a real sducation on this site thanks guys
Old 02-11-2003, 08:58 PM
jmp

the problem is it's a person who dosen't give a **** about your car driving it.i can't beleive wer'e talkin about this,if you want to give a stranger the keys to your car good luck
Old 02-12-2003, 01:18 PM
jmp

your a fool
Old 02-12-2003, 02:39 PM
DBTRACK

Originally posted by The Rat's Z
Whenever contemplating valvet service, I remember the valvet service sequence in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. That ends that idea!
Yeah...the same thing flashes thru my head.......I CAN SEE IT NOW
Old 02-12-2003, 03:58 PM
JonsilvZ

Never trust valet parking. They could abuse it like crazy. The car might look fine from the outside but internally is a different question. Its a high performance sports car. You figure what they might do..They dont give a rats *** about your car.
Old 02-13-2003, 04:10 PM
zmadnez

The only time I would valet my car is if I get to park the car in the front of the restaurant or within sight from the entrance. Still tip them but never hand them the keys.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:32 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

The abuse given the sports car by a valet in Bueller was brutal; not likely to happen in real life. I just wouldn't want to hand the keys of a spiffy stick sports job to some guy whose parking & stick skills I don't know.

To jonsilv;

Please be careful how you refer to my posterior!!
Old 02-13-2003, 06:51 PM
iris

haven't valeted her yet - have been in 3 "valet parking only" situations and asked nicely to park it myself. ferris bueller all the way.... will never valet her, at least not for a year or so....

but i brought her in for the first oil change today - it was heartsickening to see the guy pull away in her - kept on thinking, the car's been out for awhile so i KNOW they've worked on Z's before and mine's not a guinea pig, right??? and it's a Nissan dealer and there are plenty of Z's on the lot and if they wanted to joy ride in one, it wouldnt be mine right????

can't wait to pick her up

Quick Reply: Valet