Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Turtle wax ice liquid story! Greattt

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 11:52 AM
03zsmith25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just nxt-ed my z last weekend and today on lunch break there was a pile of white droppings on my rear cornerpanel from a taradactal that had to be on steroids
Old 05-30-2006, 07:00 PM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow def want to know the durability of this product... if it can be layered thats a plus... keep us updated.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:45 PM
rockinbboy

Originally Posted by 03zsmith25
i just nxt-ed my z last weekend and today on lunch break there was a pile of white droppings on my rear cornerpanel from a taradactal that had to be on steroids
^LOL.

Yeah, there was some black **** yesterday. Ended up washing the car today. Wanted to put some Meguiar Gold Class liquid wax, but it got too dark. Is it okay to wax my car after 20+ hours? I know I'll have got some dust and crap on there. I don't have a california dust buster or anything.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:32 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

better pic..
Old 05-30-2006, 11:38 PM
JohnnyDigital

Anyone use Zaino? Know how it compares??
Old 05-31-2006, 02:52 AM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice pic. curious about durability still
Old 05-31-2006, 04:54 AM
picus

I reviewed this product on another forum at the request of Turtle Wax. Cliff notes:

1) Easy to apply and remove, very easy. Even in direct sun.
2) Won't stain trim, in fact it seems to dress trim.
3) It looks nice, very much like a typical polymer based sealant; very reflective, not a ton of depth, plasktick-y.
4) Durabilty has not bee good for me. The first two cars I tried it on were less glossy and stopped beading after less than 10 days. Since other folks have mentioned durabilty as long as 3 weeks I decided to buy an off the shelf version (in case my sample was bad). I now have that on three cars and am monitoring the durabilty.

To answer a question posed on page 1, ICE does not clean. Unlike NXT it has no chemical cleaners (as far as I can tell), which means it will not clean, but at the same time it won't strip itself off like NXT, thus it can be layered.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:48 AM
JasiJ

Originally Posted by JDMFairlady21
nice pic. curious about durability still
JDMFairlady21: Since you are from LI, you know the rains we have had in the past two weeks in the NY-NJ. I have about 4 coats of ICE on my car. On Monday when it was nice, I just did a normal wash and dry and I have to say the car is a shiny as it was when I put ICE on the car 2 weeks ago. So, IMHO, it seems to last fairly long. My apologies, I don't have a pic from Monday to show you.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:26 AM
solidsnake

yes it lasts. i got about 4 coats on the car now. washed it the other day and didnt even touch it with ice. matter of fact that pic i posted was just a wash off after 4 coats. i cant wait to apply it again. word of advice. it says you can apply in the heat but its easier at night when its cool.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:37 PM
PrimeX

I bought a bottle of this today not knowing it had been talked about in the forum. The main thing that made me purchase and try the product was the line "can be applied in direct sunlight."

My impression; This stuff is great. Easy to apply, I applied two coats and it seems like I still have a full bottle, and it's a breeze to wipe off. My PPW now sparkels like never before. Big fan! Hell, it was harder to wipe of the Rainex from the windows than the wax.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:39 AM
MRfire

Does this stuff do anything for swirl marks?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:50 AM
dixieland

this stuff won't fix swirl marks. You need to take care of those before you wax - i.e. clay bar. Once you have the surface like you want it - then apply the ice. It sounds like people are having good results with multiple coats when applied. I just did one and drove 4 hours to the beach, ran around for 4 days, drove back, and have been home a week and a couple of thunderstorms and the car still looks good. Its says you can put it on anything but glass (trims, tires, wheels). I did NOT put it on my wheels but intend to put it on the rims when redone - to see if the incessant break dust from stock brake pads will be repelled and not so damn noticable. I have been pretty impressed with the result. Immediate shine after application - looks great. And fairly durable so far. Multiple layers will help durability apparantly - but i would not think it is more durable than Zaino or other traditional waxes. Only time will tell!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Kabs

NXT can be layered. Go to the meguiars website. NXT has a cleaner that removes dust.... it does not remove itself, thus it can be layered

The "cleaners" in the NXT are so light they only remove dust, not wax

Last edited by Kabs; 06-06-2006 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:09 PM
solidsnake

Nxt Out- Ice In!!
Old 06-08-2006, 05:39 AM
Blayzed

I just washed/waxed with Ice yesterday.
I have a CS Z and I agree the product is easy to apply etc.
But from someone who has used Zaino since I purchased the Z in 03' I would say that Zaino is the superior product. (big price difference as well)
The shine/gloss/swirl mark removing of Zaino compared to Ice is noticeable imo. Don't know about the the durability, time will tell but granted I only put on 1 coat of Ice.
But for the price Ice is a great product.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:45 AM
Tay-Z

I waxed my car for the first time yesterday and I used Turtle Wax ICE. I guess I must have put it on too thick, because it never dried to the haze the way it was supposed to. It looked like it had a thin film of oil on it, with drips and runs...I had to hose it off with water and then dry it and polish it with microfiber cloths. It actually came out looking pretty good although it was a lot of work. The paint was very smooth afterward, so I guess it stuck.
Today its raining and water is beading up so thats a good sign.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:20 PM
AParshall04

I actually read this thread today, went out and bought the stuff, washed my car, and applied. I have never used wax before because my neighbor taught me from day 1 i got the car to just use plain water and use high quality towels to clean the car. Well i decided to go against him and bought the ice.

The car looks great. I took a picture of the car before i applied the ice and a pic after i applied the ice. I'll post that tonight or tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:12 AM
MRfire

Originally Posted by Tay-Z
I waxed my car for the first time yesterday and I used Turtle Wax ICE. I guess I must have put it on too thick, because it never dried to the haze the way it was supposed to. It looked like it had a thin film of oil on it, with drips and runs...I had to hose it off with water and then dry it and polish it with microfiber cloths. It actually came out looking pretty good although it was a lot of work. The paint was very smooth afterward, so I guess it stuck.
Today its raining and water is beading up so thats a good sign.
Same with me. It never dried to a haze and I waited 30 minutes damnit! I just used a orbital to rub in whatever was left over, then buffed it out with a microfiber. Came out real nice though...

Anybody get this stuff to dry to a haze?
Old 06-15-2006, 10:03 AM
jwood122

looks like i'll be picking up a bottle today
Old 06-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Idok

o/t...but another GREAT wax is Rain-X fast wax....

its in a blue spray bottle.....love it love it love it

Quick Reply: Turtle wax ice liquid story! Greattt