Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

My car just got egg and keyed

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 10:20 AM
Blue350ZSJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car just got egg and keyed

What a *****!

I just got my car for only about three weeks and my car got keyed and egged. Also there is hella dents on it. They keyed so deep that you could see the grey metal or something. So how can I get rid of the scratches and the egg? Thanks.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:56 AM
94 TA GT

Insurance. Thats vandalism. They will pay for it.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:02 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Insurance will cover this but it still a *****. What the heck is wrong with people?

I'm beginning to feel like I need to hire a gorrilla with a 45 to stand guard everytime I park someplace.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:02 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: My car just got egg and keyed

Originally posted by Blue350ZSJ
What a *****!

I just got my car for only about three weeks and my car got keyed and egged. Also there is hella dents on it. They keyed so deep that you could see the grey metal or something. So how can I get rid of the scratches and the egg? Thanks.
Yikes keyed AND egged. If nobody else in your parking area got it you might have an enemy of some sort. That is pretty severe.

First priority is get the egg off. That stuff dries to GLUE.

You didn't describe the dents, but if the paint is intact you might be able to pop them with dry ice (small dings) or the "dent wizard" (larger dents). Just don't do it when it is too cold. You don't want the paint to be brittle while popping.

As for the scratches, hard to tell. The color could be metal rubbed off from the key used to make the scratches. Or it could be primer. Or (hopefully not) metal. Try a rub-on car cleaner first to see if it comes off. If the scratch is through the color coat you will have to use scratch fix paint at the very least. If you do not have experience it might be worth having it done by a pro. It is an art, not a science.

If the scratches are really down to metal you probably want to take it to a shop. (since I am assuming from the tone of your post you have never done any body work.) Bare metal requires primer to really stick well and prevent rust.

Dude, that really sucks. I feel for you.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:04 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you report to the Cops? If not, you should.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:08 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Really sorry to hear about this. Some people are real scum bags and should be shot. They are useless to society or it's future.

If you can't get the egg off just by washing chances are it has etched the paint. If the scratches are as deep as you say it's repaint only. Body shop will have to deal with the dents also.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:30 AM
WashUJon

So many A-holes vandalizing Zs that I'm starting to wonder what the hell's going on! Its almost becomming the thing to do with our cars. I wish people would just grow up. I'm friggin paranoid to park my car anywhere but in my garage. There's about 2-3 new people posting here each week with keying, etc...

Old 02-18-2003, 12:45 PM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Keying details

I, for one, would like to see more details on reported keyings. Things like where were you parked? Did other cars in the lot get it to? etc!

Maybe we can learn something and avoid the high risk spots?

So far it is hard to tell the motive. Jealousy? Personal vendetta? Just a crappy area? Random bs?

This stuff really ticks me off.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:56 PM
zeroday

Mine got keyed the first week I had it. It was parked in a regular spot, in a good area of town. I had just detailed it so it was looking pretty good...I'm guessing some people just can't handle someone else having nicer 'things' than themselves. I didn't let it get to me really, I just got it fixed, no big deal. That's what insurance is for. If you let it get to you, you're doing exactly what they wanted you to.

Sad if you think about the motive behind doing something like this. Someone is probably just really unhappy with their life/car/whatever and this is their rather pathetic attempt at dealing with their jealousy. Reminds me of kindergarten .
Old 02-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Dymalos

Default Thats what insurance is for???

Uh... yea... don't you have to pay a deductable on stuff like that?...
Old 02-18-2003, 09:39 PM
ZON

Default Re: My car just got egg and keyed

Originally posted by Blue350ZSJ
What a *****!

What part of San Joser did it happen?
Old 02-19-2003, 10:09 AM
Blue350ZSJ

It was around lawrence in sunnyvale. So be careful. I check it today in the daylight and it looks the drivers was the only side that got damage. It looks like they threw something at it because the paint just chip in several places. And a couple of minor dents but alot of eggs. I guess they just drove by and start throwing eggs I guess. Bunch of punks!
Old 02-19-2003, 11:03 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Thats what insurance is for???

Originally posted by Dymalos
Uh... yea... don't you have to pay a deductable on stuff like that?...
sure do, however, your car will need to be repainted(all sections keyed and/or egged) a quality paint job can be a few grand, and when you get quotes, only get them from good places.

yes it will cost you the deductable, but the total cost will be substantially higher than that.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:11 PM
Phatmitzu

Dude..and I thought SD people are suppost to be nicer than LA people I just hate to hear something like this happened to anyone, especially with a Z owner.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:01 AM
SZ350

that sucks man...I think some people are just stupid and jealous, and feel that if they can't have anything nice noone else should. I would take it to a nissan dealer, your insurance is paying for it anyways. They would probably have a better warranty for the job.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:56 PM
maximadave

sorry about your ride bro. after hearing about this in the past about some maximas in my area, i decided to get a car cover. Get one
Old 03-08-2003, 04:34 PM
J.T.'s 3.2TL

Sorry to hear about that. I hate jealous haters. If you have a problem with ME say it to Me not my car.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:46 PM
alienx

Somebody in here said it right I think. People are just jealous of others with something nice. When My buddy got his WRX, it got keyed and dented and paint balled about three times in the first year in all different areas of.

Oh to catch a somebody in the act!!!
Old 03-08-2003, 08:44 PM
alex30327

got any pics? By the way, soory! I hope the bastard or bastards that did that to your car burn in hell!
Old 03-09-2003, 06:45 PM
khang123

Default Sorry to hear that

Hey man sorry that about your ride. It really sucks that it happen to you. What comes around will go around. They will get whats coming for them. Keep the zzzzzzpride up and going.

Quick Reply: My car just got egg and keyed