Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Liquid Glass Polish

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:25 PM
MrGraphics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liquid Glass Polish

I ran out of my Rejex polish, and didn't feel like mail ordering anything. So I thought I'd give Liquid Glass a try. Its kind of like Zaino or Klass - its not a wax or polish, but it bonds to the paint to create an acrylic protective layer.

Application was very easy. I washed the car twice with dawm and then went straight to the Liquid Glass. Yeah, I should use a cleaner and clay bar, but I just wanted to see how it would be.

It goes on real easy. You don't do it in circles, just back and forth. But what really got me is how easy it came off - it was the most effortless stuff I ever used! I probably used too much though, because it caused a lot of dust. It says sparingly - I will heed that next time.

I am amazed at the outcome. You bake it in the sun for 4 hours to "cure" it. It is so shiny and smooth, even without surface prep. And it layers, which is supposed to make the shine even deeper.

I'll add to this "review" as time goes on. First test will be when a bird picks my car as its toilet and it bakes in the sun. Every wax, polish, or protectant I've ever used has utilmately failed this test. If Liquid Glass passes, then I'm completely sold.

Enjoy the pics - this is on a 2003.
Attached Thumbnails Liquid Glass Polish-liquidglass1.jpg   Liquid Glass Polish-liquidglass2.jpg   Liquid Glass Polish-liquidglass3.jpg  
Old 06-04-2007, 05:17 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Question

Impressive. How many miles are on the car?
Old 06-04-2007, 06:21 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

that looks really good
Old 06-04-2007, 10:58 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks pretty good. I reckon it's always easier to get reflection in a shaded place such as your photo. Can you take a few photos outside too please.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:28 AM
MrGraphics

Here are some outside pictures. Mind you, this is after 4 days of road dust and grime. The car has 55,000 miles on it now. Next wash cycle I'll probably add another layer. This is only the first - I want at least 3.

Note about the pic in my Avitar - this was the car the day I bought it. I think its still holding up well.
Attached Thumbnails Liquid Glass Polish-lg-outside1.jpg   Liquid Glass Polish-lg-outside2.jpg  

Last edited by MrGraphics; 06-06-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:17 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MrGraphics
Here are some outside pictures. Mind you, this is after 4 days of road dust and grime. The car has 55,000 miles on it now. Next wash cycle I'll probably add another layer. This is only the first - I want at least 3.

Note about the pic in my Avitar - this was the car the day I bought it. I think its still holding up well.
55,000 miles is impressive.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:47 PM
turismo

Car looks good. Now put some shine on them tires
Old 06-06-2007, 09:12 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Aaah, that's better. Photos in the sunshine. Looking good. Photos almost look photoshopped.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:00 PM
MrGraphics

I had a touch of insomnia one night, so I did a little midnight car washing and waxing. Now the car is sitting with 3 layers of Liquid Glass on it.

A bird crapped on my car and sat in the sun for about 7 hours. When I got home I took a paper towel and sat it on top and poured vinegar to soak the bird crap. I let it sit, pressing on the towel lightly to get the bird crap soft and dissolve most of it into the paper towel. When the bird crap was off, I re-wet the spot with vinegar.

I was initially disappointed - there was an area where the crap was that looked "etched". This look is typical of wax failure that would require polishing with scratch remover and re-applying wax.

But 1 hour later, the spot was gone. I don't know how it happened, but the integrity of the protective surface was still intact. So far, I'm pretty happy.

More pics with 3 layers - taken in the sun.
Attached Thumbnails Liquid Glass Polish-sany0256.jpg   Liquid Glass Polish-sany0260.jpg  
Old 06-15-2007, 09:47 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Nice reflection. Sorry I don't mean to be rude, but still looks photoshopped though. Yeah, I know, no pleasing some people, just freaky reflection in places.

Good on you for being up during the night cleaning your Z.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:02 PM
MrGraphics

Heh - sorry buddy, but no Photoshop. I just have a real kick azz camera.

http://us.sanyo.com/entertainment/ca...productID=1456

I also understand how to set an f-stop, exposure, shutter speed, etc. to get the most out of light. Also, I read the histograms like others read fast food menus.

Yeah, insomnia can stink, but they say you shouldn't just lay there and get frustrated - so I wore myself out and slept like a baby knowing the other baby in the house was all nice and clean.

Last edited by MrGraphics; 06-15-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:14 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Heh - sorry buddy, but no Photoshop. I just have a real kick azz camera.
Hehe, take it as a compliment then, that the photos are good enough to look photoshopped.
so I wore myself out and slept like a baby knowing the other baby in the house was all nice and clean.
That's got to rock!!! The guys in my clubs in NZ have a name for it, "Z Obsessive Compulsive Cleaning Disorder". lol
Old 06-15-2007, 10:16 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Don't forget to keep us posted.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:12 AM
XxDeliciousxX

is this a polish or a wax? i thought you still had to put wax after the layer of polish?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:27 PM
MrGraphics

It applies a protective finish / coating. That is all that wax does too - puts a barrier between the elements and your paint.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:37 PM
LastODJedi
§ith Mã§t€®

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Where can you get this stuff??? I'd like to give it a shot.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:27 AM
XxDeliciousxX

Originally Posted by LastODJedi
Where can you get this stuff??? I'd like to give it a shot.

i got mine at sears only cuz i went to kragens and autozone and they both didnt have it
Old 10-08-2007, 11:33 PM
MrGraphics

Well, after months of happiness, major disappointment. It rained one day and then the sun immediately came out. I didn't get around to washing it for a week. When I did, water spots galore.

I got out the random orbiter and used the 3M fine cut polish, and thought everything looked good. But in the yellow parking lot lights, I still see the spots.

I think that either the finish is so hard that it had caused it to be effected, or the first rain was really acidic and the polish failed. I think I need to make sure that all the Liquid Glass is gone from the finish (no beading at all) and then try a random orbiter.

Its possible that because the Liquid Glass adds an acrylic-like coating, its become flawed and must be completely removed (much like plexi-glass that gets marred.)

I don't know, but I'm not happy now. Too much work to deal with. I'd rather just use something that fades in a month and just polish instead of dealing with these long-term bonding products.