Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino?? (Z5 over Z2) yes I searched... :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 05:22 AM
Triji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino?? (Z5 over Z2) yes I searched... :)

Ok, question... its 6am and just washed and used Z8... gettn ready to start polishing... I have so far a prior 2 coats of Z5 then 4 coats of Z2...

My question is if I put on another coat of Z5 on now will it strip the Z2 I have layered?

I have heard the Z5 layered on dark cars looks "better" than Z2 so I was going to try a couple of coats of that BUT I do not want to undue any earlier coats...

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2007, 05:41 AM
6894kevin

I had the same question and i could be wrong but after checking the zaino website i believe you should alway's end with Z2, SO if your ending with z5 then i would say you need z2 ontop of it.
And i don't believe you can strip the z2 with out useing a high alkline soap like dawn. Check the zaino website if you still unsure.

Cheers

Kevin
Old 07-14-2007, 06:54 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

You can do either Z-2 or Z-5 without harming the previous layers. Only Z-PC or some other abrasive will remove Z-* layers. It can also be stripped with alcohol.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Triji

Sweeeeet

I did another Z2 today.... and she looks great... If I have it in me I'll do a Z5 in tha AM and depending on how she looks either another Z5 at night or Z2...

Stupid frickn crap is addicting and I am so **** that one coat takes me about 1.5 to 2 hrs to complete including the Z6 spray...

I am also using Z6 every other day to wipe her down... I almost dont need to wash her anymore...
Old 07-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

I'm kinda the other way around. I just did the zaino treatment last weekend for the first time. I put on two coats of Z2 with Z6 in between. Now I'm wondering if I should use Z5 also? The car is brand new, so I figured I didn't need Z5, but I hear that Z5 adds to the depth of the shine. Hey, I got Z5 with my Zaino kit, sooooooo do I use it also?
Old 07-30-2007, 12:03 PM
ROADSTER350Z

Originally Posted by Triji
Ok, question... its 6am and just washed and used Z8... gettn ready to start polishing... I have so far a prior 2 coats of Z5 then 4 coats of Z2...

My question is if I put on another coat of Z5 on now will it strip the Z2 I have layered?

I have heard the Z5 layered on dark cars looks "better" than Z2 so I was going to try a couple of coats of that BUT I do not want to undue any earlier coats...

Thanks!
Always start with clay bar then use Z5 to shine and fill in the scratches and any swirl marks continue with Z5 layers until you are satisfied with the shine then switch to Z2 but follow the instructions as to the amount used less is better on the applicator pad in light even coats. Then buff off with clean white towels, continue again until you have the number of coats you want or you are again satisfied with the shine then I top off with thier new clear coat this stuff is pure magic, you don't have to do anything but put it on and let it dry don't buff or anything. I just won best paint at a local car show using this stuff.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Triji

Originally Posted by ROADSTER350Z
Always start with clay bar then use Z5 to shine and fill in the scratches and any swirl marks continue with Z5 layers until you are satisfied with the shine then switch to Z2 but follow the instructions as to the amount used less is better on the applicator pad in light even coats. Then buff off with clean white towels, continue again until you have the number of coats you want or you are again satisfied with the shine then I top off with thier new clear coat this stuff is pure magic, you don't have to do anything but put it on and let it dry don't buff or anything. I just won best paint at a local car show using this stuff.

I never heard of the (new clear coat) I'll have to check that stuff out... Thanks for the heads up