Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zanio vs. CrystalGuard!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 01:21 PM
Nocturnal

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Zaino vs. CrystalGuard!!!

Alright, what do you guys say?

I know alot of people say Zaino is the best thing made since chocolate chip cookies, and other say CrystalGuard are better then anything they have ever heard, seen, touch, or tasted.

So here it is guys, Forget that any other brand of wax or polish existed, WHICH ONE IS BETTER? Zaino or CG? Why?

ZAINO

Crystal Guard

Last edited by Nocturnal; 05-15-2003 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:26 PM
Pat1USMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, first of all, its Zaino, not Zanio.
But anway, i like Zaino much better. I like the fact that i know what is going on my car, and how much, and that it is coming off. It lasts a hell of a lot longer too.
Those are my reasons.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:26 AM
BillR

I have been using Zaino since '98. It is VERY good and lasts better than wax. The downside: It attracts dust and dirt, it is VERY time and labor intensive to do "correctly".

I have recently (with in 30 days) tried Crystal Guard. So far this is the best deep shine I've ever seen. It is much easier to do. Yes there is still some buffing at the end. You will get a deep shine with just after one coat. Zaino takes many coats to get depth. The car stays much cleaner too.

I have recommended CG to my employees. One guy has a BMW M roadster is silver and he is "Mr. Detailer" he too has incredible results. The other is my book keeper. She has one of those Audi "offroad" station wagons. She takes care of her car like most people - she doesn't. Last weekend she had here husband do CG on that car and his Audi A6. Both Audi's have fantastic shines.

As far as longevity, don't know yet. When I first did my G35, I also put a coat on my wife's IS300. So far (30 days) water still beads, and still shines like it was just CG'ed. Even Zaino's shine would dull after a few rain showers. But CG still shines.

I like CG and highly recommend it!
Old 05-16-2003, 04:34 AM
Kevin V

BillR, why do you think Zaino is so "labor intensive"??

The only PITA part is the surface prep, which isn't even a Zaino thing and should be done regardless of the product you plan to use. Zaino is SO easy to apply and remove, hard to understand why you would think Zaino takes so much work.

I've had my car driven every day through the winter crud and not get properly washed for months, but when the weather would break and I could wash it right, the water is still beading and with some Z-6 is still glowed. The shine lasting only a couple of washes would mean you are doing something wrong using the Zaino.

But anyway, trying out the different products is the only way to find out what you like best. Try them both side by side on the same car and see what happens.
Old 05-16-2003, 07:53 AM
BillR

I my area it is usually damp / humid. Even w/ ZFX the Zaino takes time to dry. When I buff off layer 1, there is still some feft behind. (even when allowed to dry over nite) So then I get another cloth and then re buff. After that there are always some spots I missed (most non **** people wounld care) so I get those. Then I get the Zaino detail sray and do the car. Shine is nice at this point, but doesn't "pop". Then repeat a few times to layer, according to Sal, you need to wait at least a few hours before adding anothe layer . Only after about the 3ed coat does Zaino really look good and a deep rich shine. By the time you have 3 layers, you have some serious time invested.

Now CG, wash car, apply CG and wipe around, rinse car. (so far about 30 minutes) Dry car to about 95% dry with chamois, then dry with MF towel (20 minutes). Then buff out any residue left to a shine (this step is not necessary if you don't have Zaino or other good wax on the car previously. If no then your done). At this point car looks as good as Zaino after MANY coats. Leave car and come back in a few hours and witness the best shine I've ever seen.
The next weekend I applied coat 2, and the shine got better and much deeper. Same with coat #3.
But the time to get a CG shine better than a Zaino shine w/ multiple coats is about 1.5 hours VS a few days.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:24 AM
michaelgamrat

BillR:

Do you use CrystalGuard Quick then? What about the Ex or Pro kits that they offer? Does anyone know if you get a good enough shine to justify the extra work/cost? Also, don't these kits need to be applied by a "professional"?
Old 05-17-2003, 04:54 AM
BillR

I have only used CG quick. No experience with the others.