Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Simonize Car Wash: caveat emptor

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 10:15 AM
Keven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simonize Car Wash: caveat emptor

I was hoping they could fix the damage they caused to my Z, but it looks like they can't. All of you who might make the same mistake I did, trusting a quick "between rain washing" to my local Simonize Car Wash (Grapevine Highway in Colleyville, TX): Beware.

Those kids drying off your cars with the spray bottles hanging from their pockets should go work on someone else's car - someone that cares less about their vehicle's finish. There's now a 3 inch long scratch on my driver's side door.

The "regional manager" just finished "working on it" himself and it doesn't look any different to me than it did initially. According to him, that's "all they can do".

I know I have a host of options available that I can and will have to do. I'd much rather have had a dirty car for another day or two than have paid $10 to have someone carelessly scratch my car before I even saw 900 miles on the odometer.

::::: P R I M A L S C R E A M :::::
Old 06-02-2003, 08:39 AM
pierreb

you shouldn't accept the "that's all we can do" attitude. As any other businesses, they have insurance for damages they cause.
You should tell him to submit a claim with his insurance co. or you are going to take it to the Better Business Bureau and your lawyer.
This should scare them enough to pay for adequate repairs....
Old 06-02-2003, 10:21 AM
Keven

Default Thanks, Pierre

Appreciate the advice. I know I have other options and they've completely admitted liability and provided me with written proof thereof signed by the store's manager and the area manager.

"All they can do ..." I told them wouldn't hold up in any Court of law - I just hate that I have to get it fixed and let them reimburse me in one or two years or live with it til a case concludes. I'm also not at all thrilled about having to repaint a brand new car. I know there are some good paint jobs to be had out there but I honestly don't believe you can touch an original factory paint job.

Who knows ... I'll do what I must. I won't just live with it though.

Thank you, very much, for your input.