Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Keyed...TWO CARS, TWO NIGHT IN A ROW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 08:00 PM
syf0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are on our five man stakeout. I am on break right now and we have about 3 hours to go.

I pulled the suburban up in front of my car (it is very itnted in the back) and have my buddy in the back with the 35mm camera I mentioned. Video running from a balcony.

We have walkie talkies in and out so we can call each other if we need more people outside.

Alright, back to work ;-)
Old 06-05-2003, 09:52 PM
Alev

If it weren't for the circumstances that preceded it, that sounds like a lot of fun. Walkie Talkies rule.

*Edit*
ares: holy ****, I just read your post. Hell yeah is right. Curb 'im!
Old 06-05-2003, 09:57 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by ares
yeah, use your hands, they are not deadly weapons, if you even so much as have a knife on you, your in trouble, and if you attempt to, or suceed with killing him, you will at very least be looking at a murder trial where you have to prove you case, even so, you would need a lawyer, wasted money over a keying...

with that said, once you catch him, face down, bite the curb, kick the back of his head.
American History X
Old 06-05-2003, 11:45 PM
syf0n

Wow, what a ****ing let down. During a change of shifts the kid was actually walking down the street toward my house! He was about halfway between my house and his, maybe 100 yards...I (in the middle of opening my front gate) made this awkward glance at him, then down, then away, then pretended to walk back inside. He proceeded back to his house and didn't come back all night. ****! SO. ****ING. CLOSE! Looks like I can only blame myself for my stupidity and lack of caution. I am convinced we woulda bagged him in the act otherwise...

My outright suspicion has obviously been confirmed (if he weren't guilty of it, why would he stop dead in his tracks upon seeing me, turn around, and walk home?) but this proves nothing to anyone beyond me and my family.

Other than that...there were a few comedy option close calls involving very large, very cracked out homeless guys, but nothing worth recounting. Anyhow, I still have 33 exposures left on that roll of 1600. There will be other nights.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:23 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish you the best of luck in the future....

don't give up...this sh*t is becoming religious now...
If I was out there it'd be my jihad to catch this son of a *****.

Imagine...being one of the elite people in the history of car ownage...to catch a keyer at the moment he violates you. *ewwww* wish I was there!!

make history. =)
Old 06-06-2003, 06:33 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get a motion sensor for your front yard, attach the feed to a clock in your room. itll wake you up whenever something happens in the front yard.

you can also get a motion sensor camera.

grab a paintball gun or something, and take his *** down, non deadly weapon that will hurt like a ***** just the same. and you have evidence for court.

otherwise your gonna be playin a guessing game every night, and if he hadnt won before, after a couple of sleepless nights for you, he will have won.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:07 AM
bshockley

Man i wish you luck with that as well. There is nothing I can stand less than someone who is that much of a coward they have to key your car while you aren't looking. Just the thought of it pisses me off and I don't even have a nice car yet (still holding onto my '91 Corolla until I get a job).

I have a semi similar situation. Someone's been stealing my parent's mail. If they forget to pick it up during teh day or leave something in there overnight. It's happened three times now. I am thinking of hooking up a fake camera, either video or still to the inside of the mailbox so when it's opened a huge flash and or siren goes off. I would like to catch them, but don't have the time to stay up all night, so I figured a fake camera and loud *** siren would scare the **** outta them enough they wouldn't come back.

In your case though, catch 'em bastards.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:31 AM
jesseenglish

I agree, you're going to have to automate this thing because he'll most likely take a couple days off or so before making another attempt. You probably scared him a little bit, just because you saw him, but if he's stupid enough to attempt three nights in a row, he's stupid enough to try again. The thing is, I'd want to catch him before he does any damage to another car, unless you want him to do it so you'll have proof.

It only takes a split-second to run the key along the paint. Ares' idea is a good one depending on how long of a walk it is to get from your gate to where the car is parked. Can you lock the gate so he has to jump over it? That should delay getting him to the car a second or two depending on how high your gate is, also delay him on the way out. You gotta figure out how to delay him long enough so it gives you time to get outta bed and grab a baseball bat.

The main thing is, you gotta catch this ****, but you shouldn't spend the next week sleepless only to have him do it the night you give up. I don't know how much money your family is willing to invest in the crusade to catch him and stop him from doing it again, but there is a lot of equipment out there to help you catch him.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:14 PM
syf0n

I actuall went over this with my dad last night. He agreed to let me spend a decent amount of money on a surveillance system for the house. Anyone have any good surveillance camera recommendations? I have been reading up on camera sites a lot this morning and afternoon.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:15 PM
Bruce_with_Z

I'll get a few X2 cameras with motion sensor right away and hook up to a VCR. Even if you didn't catch him red handed, you still have him on tape. It'll probably cost you a couple hundred bucks, but it's much cheaper than future paint repair.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:53 PM
syf0n

I have a 2000 dollar budget for cameras and equipment, so I was thinking more along the lines of Sony or Mitsubishi security cameras.
Old 06-06-2003, 03:03 PM
erock

Originally posted by syf0n
I have a 2000 dollar budget for cameras and equipment, so I was thinking more along the lines of Sony or Mitsubishi security cameras.

I'll tell you what, for 2000 dollars I'll fly out there and perch myself up in that tree and catch that phucka for ya......
Old 06-06-2003, 03:57 PM
suprblkperformance

Default you know who it is

If you know who it is that keyed your car, and where they live, you should go to their house when no ones around and spraypaint "You keyed my car you f**king peice of sh*t!" in big letters across the front of their house. That should even the score.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:41 PM
s9am_me

Originally posted by ares
grab a paintball gun or something, and take his *** down, non deadly weapon that will hurt like a ***** just the same.
oh heck yah!! just buy that!! but best of luck to u man.. hope you get these fruit cakes
Old 06-07-2003, 12:06 AM
syf0n

We stayed out again tonight for a few hours. Me and a nutty military type friend with tons of family in the police were on it. We saw the kid walking around a lot, and he came down our block a few times but every time he got close to my house a goddamned car would drive by and He would lose his nerve. We are going to do it again tomorrow night using some nighvision equipment and some radios -- from my roof, possibly moving around the neighborhood. Should be stellar, and I know if I park further away I can bag him. I have to tell you though, when he walked up close before some cars came by we were both ready to jump out of the car and knife his ****! I'm trying not to let you guys down -- I will catch this litte ****er

As far as retribution goes, if we can't figure it out this week and he doesn't get caught by the end of the summer, my nutty friend I mentioned earlier has several very expensive electronic paintball guns that will do 20+ rounds per second. We can get in the back of one of his trucks (Escalade or Z71 w/tint) and do a drive by on this kid's house. He has done it before to people who have messed with us, and I have to say that paintballs can be pretty detrimental if you use the right type
Old 06-07-2003, 10:04 AM
SkyMan

hmmm so many ideas. and none working...this is starting to sound like a movie now. are you part of the mob or what buddy? escalade's, jaguars, z, porsche, suburban... all tinted...man...
Old 06-08-2003, 07:41 AM
syf0n

Sadly, no mob...although that would be cool.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:33 PM
RedComet

man so whats goin on with this I GOT TO KNOW! so interested. you should sell the rights as a mini series on TV
Old 06-08-2003, 03:05 PM
buletman

put those paintballs in the freezer, and you will **** this kids house up really, really badly.

just a note though:

paintballs are water based, and water expands when frozen, so a jam might happen if you are planning on 18 shot burst, which im guessing is what you meant for 20+. if you hit his windows with frozen paintballs, they will SHATTER
Old 06-08-2003, 05:15 PM
350zroadster

I say just talk to the boy's father or confront him. Tell him you'll rip his nuts off if this happens again.

Quick Reply: Keyed...TWO CARS, TWO NIGHT IN A ROW!