Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

303 Protectant frequency

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 05:36 PM
JMT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 303 Protectant frequency

I treat the convertible top on my Z with 303 Protectant. I am unsure of how often I should treat it though. I wash my Z every week which includes washing the top with 303 Cleaner. I have been treating the top every few washes but with the warm weather I am concerned about it fading. Any recommendations?
Old 08-11-2008, 04:12 AM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by JMT
I treat the convertible top on my Z with 303 Protectant. I am unsure of how often I should treat it though. I wash my Z every week which includes washing the top with 303 Cleaner. I have been treating the top every few washes but with the warm weather I am concerned about it fading. Any recommendations?

If you are using a pH balanced shampoo (non-stripping) that shouldn't totally strip off the 303 Aerospace Protectant. However the 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover should be removing the majority of it. I would probably recommend washing the vehicle regularly with just shampoo. I would then recommend using the 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover and 303 Aerospace Protectant combination every 2 - 4 weeks if you want to be certain you are providing the top with protection. Clean the surface first and then apply a coat of protection which should last through at least 1 - 3 washes. I hope this info helps.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 08-11-2008, 04:31 AM
JMT

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
If you are using a pH balanced shampoo (non-stripping) that shouldn't totally strip off the 303 Aerospace Protectant.
Thanks Greg, very helpful. I am using Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo, would you know if that is non-stripping?
Old 08-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Glad to help, the Gold Class Shampoo will not strip the protection.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 08-14-2008, 01:16 AM
BlueBoxer

Hey Greg,

I am finally back from the dead and moving into the new house. ) It's almost time to re-order some car shampoo. I loved the Citrus Wash, both as a quicker way to strip old layers of protectant and just a nice car wash that leaves a great shine. Is the new Wash and Clear pretty much the same product or does it have additional advantages?
Old 08-15-2008, 05:58 AM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by BlueBoxer
Hey Greg,

I am finally back from the dead and moving into the new house. ) It's almost time to re-order some car shampoo. I loved the Citrus Wash, both as a quicker way to strip old layers of protectant and just a nice car wash that leaves a great shine. Is the new Wash and Clear pretty much the same product or does it have additional advantages?
They are essentially the same product that can be a shampoo and paintwork cleanser. To my understanding the Citrus Wash and Gloss has polymers in it which make it feel more slick while washing. The Wash and Clear has no polymers and doesn't feel quite as slick during the washing process.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 08-16-2008, 10:27 PM
BlueBoxer

The Citrus Wash and Gloss definately has a whole other level of slickness in comparison to other car shampoos. I had some baked on wax that I had to remove for a friend, the wash worked perfectly as a cleanser. I guess I'll stick with the wash and gloss for now, why fix what ain't broken.