Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Detailing Products that exceeded your expectations

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:17 PM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Detailing Products that exceeded your expectations

Looking to add to my collection this year with some new supply. List a product or two that exceeded your expectations. There are some great underdog products out there.

Ill start:

Bleche Wite Tire Cleaner

This stuff is great at removing brake dust and dirt off your tires with little to no agitation. Simply spray on and literally watch the dirt and grim melt right off your tires leaving them nice and black. I like to use this on my tires before adding a dressing to further seal in that nice fresh black tire look. I also use this on my wheel wells and underneath the car on dirt and grim build up. I do not recommend spraying your wheels with this as it is very strong. People with expensive wheels may find it safer to use this on a sponge to limit the chance of overspray.

And for those of you that drive through dirt roads and get that "white" sand stain on your tires, this is great at removing it.

Where can it be found? At your local Pepboys, Advance Auto Parts...
Old 10-01-2008, 05:40 AM
zdotcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A cut-off china bristle paint brush. Super cheap, lasts forever and removes wax residue from body seams, the Z-side badge and countless other places a q-tip can't reach.

+1 on the bleach white. Worked so good on all those raised white letter tires back in the 80's to early 90's.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:15 PM
FantomZ

I ran out of my normal car wash, and went to the closest store not expecting to find something decent. After a little bit of looking I settled on Turtle Wax Ice car wash. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was and would definitely buy it again.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:28 PM
TheOtherRob

Ive heard alot a good things about ICE.

I hope to update this thread with FK1 425 when it gets here.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Accordaleer

I bought Ice too, not sure how long it has held up thought havent washed a 2nd time yet, only thing was it was a pain in the *** to find on a silver car. I also used to use Liquid glass, the polish, not glass cleaner. Look it up, I will probably go back to that myself, just lost the bottle.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:25 PM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Extreme EZ-Creme Glaze with Acrylic Shine II went beyond my expectations as glazes go.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:20 AM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

I have a lot of favorites but the 303 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner would be one of my top choices. This product is an excellent cleaner on just about anything fabric, vinyl, plastic and so much more. I spray one mist on a microfiber towel and use it on my doors, arm rests, console, dashboard, exterior trim, carpets, mats, engine bay and more. It seems to just break up just about any stain with ease. This product is safe to use on your vehicle and for the environment. Best of all it's a concentrate which you can use at full strength or dilute up to 8:1 (water to cleaner) for an outstanding value. So for $14.99 you can get over 250 ounces of cleaning solution. I also use this formula to remove stains on my clothes and carpets around the home.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:13 AM
TheOtherRob

What is the difference between the fabric and vinyl cleaner vs the 303 aerospace protectant. Ive heard nothing but great reviews on it. I may just wait until it pops up as the daily special and scoop some up.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by silverstripes
What is the difference between the fabric and vinyl cleaner vs the 303 aerospace protectant. Ive heard nothing but great reviews on it. I may just wait until it pops up as the daily special and scoop some up.
The short answer is one is a cleaner and the other is a protectant. The 303 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner is meant to clean fabrics, vinyl, plastic and more. It is concentrated so you can dilute it or use it full strength. The pre-diluted version of this cleaner is the 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover. The 303 Aerospace Protectant is not a cleaner it is a protectant. It is designed to prevent UV fading on almost any vinyl, plastic, rubber and leather surface. It makes the surface look bold and distinct without the glossy and oily appearance or feel.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 10-23-2008, 10:36 AM
TheOtherRob

So then maybe Ill have to buy both
Old 10-28-2008, 10:18 AM
BlueBoxer

Big Blue Towel dries way faster and with only one passing compared to the other drying towels I have used. Definately the best investment overall.

Full Molecular Jacket is just super easy to use and buffs off with the absolute most ease, even more so than P21S. Great results and anyone can apply and remove it and get great results. The second layer is the key.

Sofast Odor Eater got rid of the musty smell that everything else just temporarily covered. Even more so, my new puppy dropped diarrhea bombs over the backseat of the new RAV4. A quick scrub and spray and there was absolutely no lingering smell.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:27 PM
TheOtherRob

Wheel Wax

I was told by a member here (Nismospeed4life) to try this out on my volk wheels. This stuff is great. Did not harm my anodized finish at all and it leaves your wheels very shiny and slick feeling. I will update over some time as to whether it repels brake dust. Application was very simple, just like waxing your car. And this stuff dries in minutes so no waiting around for the product to dry. And it smells great too, like a pina colada.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob
Looking to add to my collection this year with some new supply. List a product or two that exceeded your expectations. There are some great underdog products out there.

Ill start:

Bleche Wite Tire Cleaner

This stuff is great at removing brake dust and dirt off your tires with little to no agitation. Simply spray on and literally watch the dirt and grim melt right off your tires leaving them nice and black. I like to use this on my tires before adding a dressing to further seal in that nice fresh black tire look. I also use this on my wheel wells and underneath the car on dirt and grim build up. I do not recommend spraying your wheels with this as it is very strong. People with expensive wheels may find it safer to use this on a sponge to limit the chance of overspray.

And for those of you that drive through dirt roads and get that "white" sand stain on your tires, this is great at removing it.

Where can it be found? At your local Pepboys, Advance Auto Parts...
how do you keep it from touching your wheels? Im sure if a little got on there and you hosed it off really quick it would be ok?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:31 PM
TheOtherRob

I put some on a crappy rag or sponge first and them just scrub the tire with it. I have gotten it on my Lincoln continental wheels and nothing has happened to them, but from the way the dirt just melts off the tire, I would not dare to touch my volks with it, or any aftermarket wheel at that.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob
I put some on a crappy rag or sponge first and them just scrub the tire with it. I have gotten it on my Lincoln continental wheels and nothing has happened to them, but from the way the dirt just melts off the tire, I would not dare to touch my volks with it, or any aftermarket wheel at that.
ok cool thanks for the tip I dont have volks but my wheels are still pricey for me lol. Ill just use an old rag. I had to drive in a gravel parking lot the other day and now i have that white nasty stain on there hopefully this will do the trick thanks.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:50 PM
TheOtherRob

Its funny you mention that, the reason that I bought it in the first place was because I lived on a dirt road and I was tired of having that white crap on my tires. And that stuff would take it right off.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Products that have exceeded my expectations:

1. Aerospace 303 protectant - This product got a lot of great reviews and I finally picked up a bottle recently. Left a very nice matte finish that is not greasy over time.

2. Collinite 476 & 845 - Talk about durability! I applied some 476 to my parent's PT Cruiser two months ago, washed the PTC recently and it was beading like crazy. Surface still felt very slick, too. Same goes for the 845 except with a 'brighter' finish.

3. Optimum Poli-Seal - A very interesting product to say the least. Easiest wax/sealant to apply on the market; I can cover my Z within 10 minutes and quickly buff the car for an awesome shine and so far it has been very durable.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:57 PM
nothix

just placed an order at detailed image thanks to this thread =P
Old 02-05-2009, 01:46 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1.FK 425
2.Ultimate Paint Guard Plus sealent
3.Flex 3401vrg
4.Optimum poli seal
Old 02-05-2009, 03:05 PM
TheOtherRob

I would have to agree that 303 aerospace is a fantastic product. I use it for my interior and my engine bay pastics. It leaves a clean look that is not shiny and not sticky or slimy.

Pink Wax by FK1usa.com has impressed me also.

Here is a reflection shot right after a wash and 1 coat of pink wax.

Quick Reply: Detailing Products that exceeded your expectations