Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Why do people brag about how many coats of wax they have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 06:13 PM
bhobson333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Conceyted
here is a good question. Could you wash, claybar, zaino, wash, then CG your car? OR would that make no sense to do? I for one am looking for something that is quick, but at the same time I don't mind using zaino once a month. So, could I zaino once a month and use CG after every other wash?
I think this doesn't make sense. IMHO you should choose either Zaino or CG.

Also, I detect a misunderstanding in your post. Just because a lot of people like to frequently layer Zaino doesn't mean you really need to. You could wash with Dawn, claybar, Zaino (best to do two coats to start) then only add a coat of Zaino every 2-6 months and you'd have a great looking car! A coat of Zaino only adds an hour or so of work on top of a good normal washing. It's pretty quick & easy.

PS: bhobson333, why do you use 5w30 instead of 10w30? is that what the car recommends or did you do that for colder climates up north?
I live in North Carolina.... I guess that's "up north" when you live in New Orleans! Here's a clip from the Owner's Manual; 5W-30 is the preferred oil:
Attached Thumbnails Why do people brag about how many coats of wax they have?-oil_manual.jpg  
Old 09-01-2003, 06:19 PM
bhobson333

Originally posted by djkern
my car looks just as good as your car ... no one can argue with you cause you are always right about things
bah!
Attached Thumbnails Why do people brag about how many coats of wax they have?-postpics.gif  

Last edited by bhobson333; 09-01-2003 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:59 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The Doctor has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:07 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by bhobson333
bah!
don't argue with me. you've never seen a clean shot of my car. have you?

bonz always gets in arguements with people about his super zainoed car. and, whenever anyone has a different opinion about another type of wax....well, it's never as good as his car according to him. not like i care...he can spend as much money as he wants on zaino. i think CG is just as good...if not better. but, like i said before...that's my opinion. he likes zaino...i like CG.

leave it at that.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:29 PM
tcfool

The Doctor has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done.

Ditto................ buzzzzzzzzzz off!

TC
Old 09-01-2003, 08:10 PM
350ed
Professional

djkern,
Let's see the best 'clean' shot(s) of your car. I want to see 1 CG coat results!

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:47 PM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

I was very happy with the way my car looked before I switched to Zaino (was using MaQuier's). There is a very noticable difference after just 2 coats of Zaino. I have before and after pictures, but it's pretty hard to see the differnce by looking at them. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Zaino looks much, much better. I used Z5 for both coats and all of the swirl marks are GONE.

I want to thank Dr. Bonz for all of his clear directions and his continuing willingness to answer any questions - Just don't drink any more of the stuff - can't be good for the liver.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

no one can argue with you cause you are always right about things.
MAN! You sound like my wife!

bonz always gets in arguements with people about his super zainoed car.

I guess it's easy to say whatever you want without ever having to prove it
Old 09-02-2003, 04:58 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
I guess it's easy to say whatever you want without ever having to prove it
exactly....all you do is talk talk talk. we've both posted pics. plenty of other people have posted pics of zaino. plenty of other people have posted pics of CG. plenty of other people have posted pics of that "mystery" wax that was going around. whatever.

i've posted plenty of pics that look awesome and i'm not even trying to post the car shine. half of my pics are in cloudy weather and it still looks perfect.

whatever...this whole wax **** is old. it's been going on for ages...and i could care less about zaino and how many layers people now have. good luck trying to get to 10000 layers of zaino...i'm sure you'll do it!

i'm done with this thread. these wax debates are old. next people are going to start talking about the chemical compond in each of them. have fun.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:21 AM
flynnibus
Z Flier

At least Dr Bonz has tried both products and made his decision based on the output. He doesn't brag about his car.. its more of a running joke. Maybe you are just too defensive to take the subject lightly?

No one says you MUST put endless layers on to use the product.. Bonz just enjoys playing with his car. Personally, I have two coats of Blackfire on, and it serves me well... doesn't mean I need to go start shine pissing matches with people.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:31 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by flynnibus
At least Dr Bonz has tried both products and made his decision based on the output. He doesn't brag about his car.. its more of a running joke. Maybe you are just too defensive to take the subject lightly?

No one says you MUST put endless layers on to use the product.. Bonz just enjoys playing with his car. Personally, I have two coats of Blackfire on, and it serves me well... doesn't mean I need to go start shine pissing matches with people.
i've tried many others. i used many other waxes on my old car....and used to strip off the wax when i wanted to try a new wax. many of my friends use zanio. a bunch use maguires (or however you spell it). i put that i use CG....and then every says "oh, you don't know ****....talk to bonz if you wanna know wax". yeah, his car looks great....i admit it...i have said it before. i know he likes waxing his car. i wasn't starting a pissing match...all i said is that i think my car looks as good as his and i have one layer of CG on it....he's the one who has to disagree. look at all the wax threads. his opinion is that his car is the best...and he looks down on anyone that chooses not use zaino. oh well.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:38 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

djkern,
Where is all this anger coming from? Are you not getting enough fiber in your diet? Or are you always an azzhole? Maybe you just have a really bad temper because you were the fat kid that always stayed at home and played on the computer while all the other children where outside? So are you a real Dj? Do you Dj at the old folks home? lol

Nothing but love for you
Old 09-02-2003, 06:52 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Hraesvelg
djkern,
Where is all this anger coming from? Are you not getting enough fiber in your diet? Or are you always an azzhole? Maybe you just have a really bad temper because you were the fat kid that always stayed at home and played on the computer while all the other children where outside? So are you a real Dj? Do you Dj at the old folks home? lol

Nothing but love for you
haha. i'm not angry. i just hate it when i state my opinion...and people have to point and me and tell me i'm wrong. oh well. just cause i like CG...all the zaino people have to claim i'm wrong. that's the only thing that bothers me. i've tried them all...i've seen them all...me, personally, well, i like CG the best. that's just my opinion as i said many times.

fat kid. haha...i've never been the fat kid. i can't gain weight for my life. i'm about 5 foot 8. 150 pounds. and about 7 or 8 percent body fat. if i could gain weight...i would. i'd love to be 175 or 180 pounds at my height. but, it's too hard for me. i end up spending too much time in the gym and feel like a gym rat. but, i did lose 10 pounds in the last few months. haha. when i was 160...i was a lot bigger...but, i'm not into the gym as much anymore...so, instead of being in there benching 325 (which yes, i did at 160 pounds)...i'm at home playing with the puppy and spending time with my girlfriend. so, no, i'm not fat. but, thanks for the concern.

and, no, i'm not a dj...those are my initals. the only music i make is when i'm screwing around on mixman playing on my computer. but, i have no time for that anymore since i'm working all the time. but, those are my initals....no djing reference at all. but, thanks for asking anyway. haha.

edit - the 325...i only tried that one time...that wasn't a regular thing i did (too stressful on my joints)....but, i would do 255 for 10 reps regularly. and easily use the 100 pound dumbells regularly.

Last edited by djkern; 09-02-2003 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:56 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Okay. Play nice. There's no need for personal attacks.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:37 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

I'll play nice. By the way where can I get Zaino for cheap? It's never in the stores around here.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:39 AM
Conceyted

Only place I have seen zaino available is on the site itself... Zainostore.com
Old 09-02-2003, 04:45 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

zaino used to be sold exclusivly through regional distributors.. but you can buy it online now direct from Zaino Bros at zainostore.com
Old 09-03-2003, 01:11 PM
Zracer03

djkern,

Nothing but love for you
Reguardless of the current pissing match, that statement wasn't needed.

As for who's car looks better, my vote is Bonz, but I really havent seen any clear pics of Dj's. Whether people think he is bragging or not, his articles have helped numerous people on this site, including me. His pics show it all, the car glows more than any other one I have seen, and Zaino has nearly everything to do with it. Not to mention the hard work Bonz puts into it.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:42 PM
bk_r0x

djkern,

I think you're suffering a sever case of ***** envy, in this case towards Bonz's car. I've seen countless thousands of 350Z pictures, some with multiple layers of CG, Zaino, Klasse, whatever. However, there are no cars that compare to the doc's. Just go back and look at that picture he posted. It's a PICTURE and the car looks like its made of freaking purple mirror. I've seen CG'ed cars before, and they don't even really fit in the same category. Now, granted, maybe Bonz's car isn't a fair comparison of CG vs. Zaino, but that's not what you were trying to argue about. You were arguing your car vs. the doc's, and I think until you post some pictures, you better step down.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:05 PM
jackwhale

A nice little discussion falls into a familiar deep hole. After all this is just a topic about waxing a car.

Quick Reply: Why do people brag about how many coats of wax they have?