Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Why do people brag about how many coats of wax they have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 03:45 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Zracer03
Reguardless of the current pissing match, that statement wasn't needed.
Thanks for your comments and concerns, but I was already told to cool it from the Moderator. I understood it the first time.

By the way, I'm going to give Zaino a try and see what all the fuss is about, I'll be switching over from Zymol. It will probably last a while considering I won't be drinking it like the Doc does
Old 09-03-2003, 04:01 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

shine pissing matches
Hmmmm. I'm not even sure how one would go about doing that?

However, I'm fairly certain that I don't want to find out!

i've tried them all...i've seen them all...me, personally, well, i like CG the best. that's just my opinion as i said many times.
DJ, Have you tried Zaino? I don't remember seeing anywhere that you did. If you have, what is it that you like better about CG? Most say they think it is "easier" than Zaino. I can tell you, when I did the CG on my Stealth, it was NOT easier. You really had to work to get it off. A lot more rubbing and buffing than with the Zaino. As for the shine, I just think that Zaino shines better. And I can't state this enough....YOU DO NOT HAVE TO APPLY MULTIPLE LAYERS of Zaino! I do because I am a fanatic (that's a polite way to say I'm nuts, a lunatic, a whacko... whatever). If you do a layer of Z-5 and a layer of Z-2, you will be good to go for 6 months!!!

his opinion is that his car is the best...and he looks down on anyone that chooses not use zaino.
I do think Zaino is the best and I am entitled to that as much as anyone else but I would like to think that I don't "look down" on anybody. We are all one big Z family here!
Old 09-03-2003, 04:33 PM
djkern
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bk_r0x
djkern,

I think you're suffering a sever case of ***** envy, in this case towards Bonz's car. I've seen countless thousands of 350Z pictures, some with multiple layers of CG, Zaino, Klasse, whatever. However, there are no cars that compare to the doc's. Just go back and look at that picture he posted. It's a PICTURE and the car looks like its made of freaking purple mirror. I've seen CG'ed cars before, and they don't even really fit in the same category. Now, granted, maybe Bonz's car isn't a fair comparison of CG vs. Zaino, but that's not what you were trying to argue about. You were arguing your car vs. the doc's, and I think until you post some pictures, you better step down.
re-read my posts. i said my car looks as good as bonz car does. that is comparing cg to zaino....right?

why would i have any sort of ***** envy towards him? i could care less who drove that car. i still think mine looks as nice as his does. and, you'll never be able to compare my car to his...unless you get the same camera and the same exact light. frmo the pics i've seen...and seeing my car every day....i think mine looks as good as his. i've used many in the past...i stated that. my friends compete their cars all the time....and use many of the different waxes. they've told me they have switched from zaino to cg. some have told me they've switched frmo macquires to zaino. from cg to zaino. to each his own on believe which one they like the best and which one looks the best. me, personally....well, i think cg looks just as good as zaino. i think my car looks just as shiney and crisp as his car does.

and Dr Bonz....i have many friends that use zanio...i haven't done it on my car....but i've done it on many of my friends cars. i choose not to cause i like cg. it takes me no time to do it. i've done my car and i've done friends cars. i wasn't choosing it for convenience...i was choosing it cause i thought it was better....by reading the posts and whatnot. i have one layer one it. well...if dawn takes it off....well, i stripped it off today. i think your car looks awesome...i never said it didn't. my opinion....and, yes, i said opinion....is that mine looks just as nice. but, you do talk down to people who don't use zaino. maybe it's you joking around....but not everyone knows that.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:55 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

Default not Zaino... and not CG....

Can't we just agree that the answer to this age-old agrument is "Blackfire"

Old 09-04-2003, 08:22 AM
Ok?

Seriously!!!!

This is a stupid thread. I use Klasse on my red cars exclusively and you don't see me bashing the Zaino users. Its what works for you that matters. Regardless, doesn't matter what sealant or wax you use, paint prep (clay, polishing) is 99.9% of what makes a car look good.

I have 6 layers of Klasse on my wifes red mustang and it looks amazing. I stoped at 6 because I couldn't tell any difference in shine between 5 and 6.

I will promise you that your 1 CG coat would not stand a chance up next to my car. Pictures are useless!!! Any car can be made to look amazing in the right lighting and camera conditions.

You just can't compare pictures, its dumb. But, I have extensive knowedge in the detailing department and can tell you that if all you did was wash your car and put that CG stuff on it, your car has swirl marks and scratchs and marring all over it. Put our cars outside at 12 noon in direct sun and compare and you would be amazed.

Plus, multi coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze has been proven to act like a sacraficial layer before the clear coat. It takes the abuse of marring and swirls caused by every day driving. what does this mean?? Well, it means that in 6 months when it is time for me to strip my Klasse SG off and start over, the scratches and marring are in the SG, NOT the clear coat. This means I don't have to polish away any clear to get my surface back to prestine condition.

I am willing to bet large sums of money on the fact that if you only have 1 CG coat and have done nothing else, your car looks like crap in bright lighting and under the flouresent bulbs. You heard me.....it looks like crap......
Old 09-04-2003, 08:46 AM
Conceyted

Originally posted by Ok?
Seriously!!!!

I am willing to bet large sums of money on the fact that if you only have 1 CG coat and have done nothing else, your car looks like crap in bright lighting and under the flouresent bulbs. You heard me.....it looks like crap......
The truth is, if you don't believe him how can you expect us to believe you, either? I am willing to bet YOUR car looks like crap... you heard me.... like crap....

Last edited by Conceyted; 09-04-2003 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:54 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Ok?
Seriously!!!!

This is a stupid thread. I use Klasse on my red cars exclusively and you don't see me bashing the Zaino users. Its what works for you that matters. Regardless, doesn't matter what sealant or wax you use, paint prep (clay, polishing) is 99.9% of what makes a car look good.

I have 6 layers of Klasse on my wifes red mustang and it looks amazing. I stoped at 6 because I couldn't tell any difference in shine between 5 and 6.

I will promise you that your 1 CG coat would not stand a chance up next to my car. Pictures are useless!!! Any car can be made to look amazing in the right lighting and camera conditions.

You just can't compare pictures, its dumb. But, I have extensive knowedge in the detailing department and can tell you that if all you did was wash your car and put that CG stuff on it, your car has swirl marks and scratchs and marring all over it. Put our cars outside at 12 noon in direct sun and compare and you would be amazed.

Plus, multi coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze has been proven to act like a sacraficial layer before the clear coat. It takes the abuse of marring and swirls caused by every day driving. what does this mean?? Well, it means that in 6 months when it is time for me to strip my Klasse SG off and start over, the scratches and marring are in the SG, NOT the clear coat. This means I don't have to polish away any clear to get my surface back to prestine condition.

haha....wax won't make a crustang look any better....it's still a crustang!

but...you can believe what you would like. you can just hand me the large sums of money...cause my car doesn't look like crap as you claim.

and, no, i didn't bash any zaino users...i am just saying i like CG.

get over it.

EDIT - Conceyted - that was directed at "Ok?", right?

Last edited by djkern; 09-04-2003 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:03 AM
Conceyted

umm, of corse! Heh, I should have made that clear!

There I fixed it!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:07 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Conceyted
umm, of corse! Heh, I should have made that clear!

There I fixed it!
i figured it was directed towards him...just wanted to make sure...haha.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:47 AM
Ok?

The truth is, if you don't believe him how can you expect us to believe you, either? I am willing to bet YOUR car looks like crap... you heard me.... like crap....

Its not all subjective. Certain process's need to be performed for a car to look like mine or to be swirl and marring free. I have years of experience and knowledge. Its freaking scientific, not an opinion. Not hard to understand. If you take a brillow pad to your car it will look like crap right??? How do you know that?? Is that just your opinion?? No its not, its fact. Fact is, if CG is the ONLY thing he has done to his car...it looks like crap compared to a correctly prepped car. Not my opinion I'm asking you to believe here, its fact!!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:56 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Ok?
Its not all subjective. Certain process's need to be performed for a car to look like mine or to be swirl and marring free. I have years of experience and knowledge. Its freaking scientific, not an opinion. Not hard to understand. If you take a brillow pad to your car it will look like crap right??? How do you know that?? Is that just your opinion?? No its not, its fact. Fact is, if CG is the ONLY thing he has done to his car...it looks like crap compared to a correctly prepped car. Not my opinion I'm asking you to believe here, its fact!!
ok, i said it's the only thing I...yes, myself...put on my car. it has been professionally detailed many times. your car will never look good...it's a crustang.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Conceyted

I am not out to insult the car you drive and I do not doubt that the car looks good (the look like crap thing was a joke if you didnt notice) But I still do not see how you can tell me if you CG a car and thats all you do that it will look like crap. To CG and wash a car is better than to just wash a car. Maybe taking the extra hour to wax the car looks better in the long run, I really do not know yet. I havent used either of these products, but I would like everyone to respect each others OPINIONS! We all have preference, leave it at that!
Old 09-04-2003, 10:20 AM
Ok?

Originally posted by djkern
ok, i said it's the only thing I...yes, myself...put on my car. it has been professionally detailed many times. your car will never look good...it's a crustang.
Uh, I have a Z.....
Old 09-04-2003, 10:23 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Ok?
Uh, I have a Z.....
ok, sorry...your wifes car will never look good. that better? haha.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:00 AM
Ok?

ok, sorry...your wifes car will never look good. that better? haha.
When you have a wife as hot as mine....who cares about the car.
Go crawl back in your hole now...
Old 09-04-2003, 11:07 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Ok?
When you have a wife as hot as mine....who cares about the car.
Go crawl back in your hole now...
haha. isn't this her?
Attached Thumbnails Why do people brag about how many coats of wax they have?-creature2.jpeg  
Old 09-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Conceyted

Ok?

Let me say that you sure are quick to judge and completely ridicule others. Don't demand respect or praise when you act like a complete jerk-off.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:48 AM
djkern
Banned

Ok?

Let me say that you sure are quick to judge and completely ridicule others. Don't demand respect or praise when you act like a complete jerk-off.
check this out....i found a picture of his wife's car! check out that shine!
Attached Thumbnails Why do people brag about how many coats of wax they have?-ford1.jpg  

Last edited by djkern; 09-04-2003 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:50 AM
ZGone

Originally posted by Ok?
Plus, multi coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze has been proven to act like a sacraficial layer before the clear coat. It takes the abuse of marring and swirls caused by every day driving.
I currently have approx 15 coats of Klasse HGSG on the frount end and about 8 on the rest of the car. Just yesterday on the way home one of the bra retaining straps on the top fender well came lose and at 80 was flapping around. I pulled off to check the noise and noiced the the small hook on the end so the strap, even though it is rubber coated, made several marks on the edge above the wheel well. When I got home I just did a quick treatment with Klasse All-in-One to remove the High gloss sealant and all the marks were gone. These were not just marks but actual pits in the sealant. I was really glad I had that many coats on the frontend.

I use Klasse because it was really popular on another Z site, that and I won another Klasse kit in a shine contest from Proper Auto Care. http://www.properautocare.com/blacallfinpa.html (scroll down to the bottom) I was trying Blackfire at that time but now have switched to Klasse since I have two bottles of both All-in-One and HGSG. I figure I better use this stuff up.

If Zanio will give the same sort of protection from minor impacts I would like to try it the next time I need to order new stuff.

Cheers,
ZGone

Last edited by ZGone; 09-04-2003 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:16 PM
Ok?

check this out....i found a picture of his wife's car! check out that shine!
Well, we have gotten to that point now. Its the point in the thread where the other person doesn't have anything to say to back up there comments and they make dumb and immature comments and post. I'm not mad at you and I don't dislike your car. I do this for a living and crap to me may look great to others. I do many exotic cars in concours shows and I also do many every day drivers like my wifes car. Your not the only one out there that doesn't know what it takes to have a truely prestine car. Go over to Autopia some time and read up. You will learn the error of your ways.

Till then....

Quick Reply: Why do people brag about how many coats of wax they have?