Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Should I put a Clear Bra on My Z???

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 04:54 PM
Car Crafters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I put a Clear Bra on My Z???

Well.......It all depends on how much you value the front of your car looking perfect for many many years to come.

I hope that I may be able to help some of my fellow Z Owners. I can't begin to tell you how incredible this film made by 3M is. It is extremely durable, yet lets the beauty of the car still show thru, hence the name (Clear Bra).

I am a Mobile Installer for Invinca-Shield (aka Clear Bra). As many have stated in this forum the product is only half of the ball game. The most important part is by far the installation. I see botched jobs on a daily basis. You have no idea the type of damage that can be done to your car by an unexperienced installer. The installers often have to use razor blades to trim the film, and they not only destroy the film, but they actually cut thru the film, and then THE PAINT!!!! YES, I SAID THE PAINT!!!!

I have been installing Clear Bra's for almost 6 years now, and I have to say that unfortunately the new 350Z does not have the best paint in the world, especially on the front of the car. This product can, and will protect your car better than anything else that you can put on it. Unless of course you like driving around with one of those ugly black bra's that you can't even use in the rain, and have to keep taking on and off to wash your car.

Here is some information for those of you who might be interested in getting this installed on your new Z.

There are several kits with various options that can be done on a 350Z. The most Basic is the "Standard Kit" for $171.00. The second is the "Deluxe kit" for $408.00. Then there are assorted "Optional Pieces that can be installed. The Full "Optional Pieces Kit" is $142.00. Please see the 2 links below.

http://www.invinca-shield.com/asp/genkit.asp?kit=3244

Basically what you are looking to do is cover areas that would be most susceptible to stones, bugs, salt, and sand. Obviously it is in my best interest if you buy every option, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it. It's really total overkill. If you were to have the entire optional pieces kit installed it would cost $142.00.

The only other options that alot of people order is #8 Cab Top for $42.00 which protects the front portion of the roof, #10 Upper Mirror for $10.00, and #11 Lower Mirror for $11.00. If you click on the link below, you will see a diagram with all the prices for everything on your car.

http://www.invinca-shield.com/asp/genkit.asp?kit=3244-1

Just to let you know about how I do business. First, and foremost I am an automotive enthusiast, so I am probably one of the most picky people you will ever meet. I do every car with the same precision that I would do my own vehicle. It is in my own best interest to do an exceptional job for you. I get the majority of my business from referrals from happy customers, in addition if I do not do a perfect job the first time, I will only have to come back to do it all over again.

If I can help any of you out there, please let me know. I would be not only happy to do an install for you, but to answer any questions you may have regardless if you would like to have this installed on your car or not. This seems to be a very hot topic right now in the automotive forums, and again if I can answer a question for anyone, please feel free to contact me.

I am a mobile installer in the following states: NJ, NY, PA, CT, DE, and Florida. I occassionally do work out west, but not on a very regular basis.

Thanks Again,

Frank O'Grady
Car Crafters

Phone: (732) 778-2895
E-Mail: carcrafters@comcast.net
Old 09-17-2003, 09:53 AM
msims

I have been emailing Frank off list, and he is coming to California next month. I am currently scraping the cash together to have him do my car. I only have 1300 miles on it, and already I have three noticable pits in the front bumper. I wish this stuff was installed by the factory, or at least given as a dealer option.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:08 AM
ShermanA

As I think many have said on this forum, the Clear Bra is definitely worth it.

I have had it on my car for about a month now and my only regret is that I didn't have it installed when I first purchased my car (last November).

There are certain mods/additions/upgrades that are most do's, and this is one of them.

Hope that helps,

Sherman