Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

2008 cl 500

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Don @ Migliore
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 cl 500

This full detail was done by Apollo Detail using Primo. This is the same detailer that worked on the Ferrari before hand.

Originally Posted by ApolloAutoDetail
Hi all! This is a car that the Ferrari dealership took in as a trade and the new owner requested that it be polished and cleaned up before delivery. I never really liked Mercs too much but this thing is awesome; comfort and luxury to the highest extent! Anyway, when I arrived in the morning I asked the shop manager where the car was and he replied, "They're downstairs washing it." I sprinted downstairs like Michael Jackson with his hair on fire, but I was too late... they'd already "washed" it and then got nasty with it and a waterblade and a chamois. Now, I myself will use a waterblade if I'm about to polish the car (makes no sense to soil clean towels if you're about to polish it), but I also know the damage that it's capable of so I'm careful with it... they obviously don't care if they damage cars or not with it (or in any other way for that matter). Anyhoo, the car was then taken upstairs and I clayed it then did a wipedown with some water and a MF.

Picking up the scratches and swirls on this car was almost impossible because I had to fight the fluorescent lamps above me and the sunlight on my side. The paint wasn't in very bad condition, but it had several scuffs on it in different places that almost looked like it had been wet sanded. Other than that, it had the expected light swirls and some RIDS. The polishing was done with InstaFinish #15 and a cutting pad, followed by InstaFinish #30 and a finishing pad. I did a little experiment this time with wear and tear on my pads. I've been using my "altered" version of the Zenith method meaning that instead of progressively higher speeds and then trickling back down, I progressively use more pressure to achieve the same effect. I used the conventional method this time, spreading at 600, up to 900 then to 1,200 and then back down in the reverse order. I proved to have the same amount of wear and tear on the pads as my modified version of it, so I guess I'll just continue using my version of it . OK so here's the pics!

I have quoted a CG 5050 vs. Primo question:

Before:

Tadaaaa:

Lubed up with Migliore Primo. There was a bit of resistance when removing this wax the last time and then I figured out that I was spreading it way too thick... and "thick" was 3 very light pats on top of the wax for the entire hood of a 599 GTB... a little of this stuff goes a loooooooooong way. One light pat on top of the wax was enough to cover the entire hood of this boat and it came off much easier this time !
After polishing and LSP:

Originally Posted by mburns318@Autopia
Great write up.
So you really like the Migliore Primo? I need some new nice wax after I run out of Zymol Titanium and I was looking at Chemical Guys 5050 but I would like to know about it.
Thanks! I still love my CG 50/50, but I prefer Primo over that... it's like wearing a Breitling, you KNOW it's there. CG is much easier to apply and remove but the extra little effort Migliore needs is well worth it. Go for it!