Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

The Cult of Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 04:59 AM
fanatic6711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's the Zaino smell that's intoxifying.

How is everyone Zainoing in the winter? I tried it the other day, and it was hard to get off.... Got like a moisture on the car.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:02 AM
ZedZed

I used ZFX with Z5 on mine. Came off pretty easy even in the cold.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:55 PM
BillR

I have a garage and I use ZFX. However it has not gotten that cold yet.

Z5 seems to dry really quickly compared to Z2.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:36 PM
2Fishy4U

Cool

Frankly,

I would rather drive the car then spending an inordinate of time putting Zaino on.

The car looks fine from after a Vette Wax from my son's Chevy Dealership but I do wonder what Zaino could do for my faded Red Pick-up.

Finally, the kid said skip the Vette and buy the Z; it is a better car.

S for Zaino, it just sounds to time consuming.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:19 PM
ZedZed

It's really no more time consuming than any other wax or polish system.

Using a clay bar is optional, just like any other system.

You need to wash your car no matter what.

You need to apply zaino the same as any other system.

The only difference with Zaino is Z5 you can use first to fill in minor swirl marks and fine scratches.

Z2 you use once you are happy with your swirl mark and scratch situation.

Z6 is a gloss enhancer and is totally optional. It goes on like water, comes off like water. Really easy to use, and again is optional.

I find that Zaino goes on easier, and COMES OFF easier than anything else I have ever tried.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:49 PM
2Fishy4U

Thanks,

it is probably time I gave it a try.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:50 PM
E.F. VaBeach

I started this thread figuring on hearing from not only Zaino zealots, but others who had alternate applications they had good results with.

Turns out the Zainophiles are a total majority.

BillR - I live in Crystal Point - right across the lake from you. I'd like to see your Zainoed G35. I'll send you a private Email.

I'll let you guys know if I become a Zaino Zombie. Unless of course, I cross over into the Zaino Zone, take up permanent residence in the garage and am never heard from again.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:01 PM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by SweatyPalm
I wanna be in the lead. Can someone egg Bonz and Keller's cars?
"SweatyPalm", #33 and #34 went on last night.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:52 PM
mberthia

I ordered last monday some Zaino, got it on Thursday and applied on Sunday (Saturday was rainy). I'm impressed with the results and recommend it like everyone on this thread. I don't know about the long term durability yet but it sure shines...
I had mixed about an once with ZFX and only used half for the Z, I used the rest on my '95 cherokee. I probably need to use the Z5 on the Cherokee but that will wait. I did not notice excessive dusting yet.

PS. No one has convinced me yet that a grounding kit really works...
Old 10-29-2003, 08:53 PM
SweatyPalm

Originally posted by Ron Keller
"SweatyPalm", #33 and #34 went on last night.
Damn....I hate trailing so far behind. It's eating me inside. But again....I have a full time job.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:07 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by toykilla
dont get me wrong . i use the stuff and it is amazing, but counting how many coats is where i draw the line..
You have 23 coats.

(Even though you might not keep track, we have ways to monitor your usage)
Old 11-05-2003, 07:21 PM
never2old

OK I'm sold... So how about I drive my Z over to all you guys houses that love to wax cars with Zaino and wax mine for me
Old 11-05-2003, 07:42 PM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by SweatyPalm
Damn....I hate trailing so far behind. It's eating me inside. But again....I have a full time job.
#35, but who is counting?
Old 11-05-2003, 09:09 PM
z0ner

Originally posted by never2old
OK I'm sold... So how about I drive my Z over to all you guys houses that love to wax cars with Zaino and wax mine for me
No problem. $175/hr 4 hours minimum
Old 11-12-2003, 04:11 PM
2Fishy4U

I ordered my Zaino about 10 days ago and was ready to spend the weekend putting the stuff on. Unfortunately, yesterday a 77 year old lady ran into the door while parking.

I always park my car away from other vehicles and was told I should quit doing that. Older people don't like to park between vehicles so they prefer more isolated areas.

Anyway, the Zaino will have to wait.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:23 PM
jackwhale

I watched the Zaino posts with interest and I do appreciate the humor that gets passed around. I'm almost ready to make the plunge.

One nagging concern is that the Zaino folk seem to keep applying the stuff repetitively. I know that the shine is noticeably better than my old-school McGuire's, but does it lose that super shine quickly after a few washes so that one feels the urge to bring it back to super gloss?

Maybe it's just a few people who wake up and say, "I have nothing going today, so maybe I'll Zaino the car." Or does the car call out in the night that it 'needs another Zaino coat or else I'll feather my tires'.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:27 PM
mb27

The shine doesn't fade quickly at all. People keep adding layers because it looks better and better after each layer. Plus once you do all the steps like claying, dawn etc for the first layer, each layer after that takes no time at all. Just wash the car and the zaino goes down and comes off easily.

One thing I have noticed with the new Z5 is if you leave it on the car overnight it comes off in the morning VERY easily and the shine is much more intense, very reflective.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:16 AM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by mb27
The shine doesn't fade quickly at all. People keep adding layers because it looks better and better after each layer. Plus once you do all the steps like claying, dawn etc for the first layer, each layer after that takes no time at all. Just wash the car and the zaino goes down and comes off easily.

One thing I have noticed with the new Z5 is if you leave it on the car overnight it comes off in the morning VERY easily and the shine is much more intense, very reflective.
Once you start, you rapidly become a "Zainoholic". "Jackwhale" and "mb27" have both stated valid reason for using Zaino. Never thought about the "feathering"!
Old 11-13-2003, 03:38 PM
boz

I am also soon to possibly take the Zaino plunge, but have some questions first. Keep in mind that I have never used it or seen a car in person that has it (that I know of.) It seems to me that the biggest argument for Zaino versus any other wax is durability. There was a post that I just found by searching of a 911 Turbo using Zaino and Meguiars with no visible difference in shine or appearance. I need to hear from someone who actually has experienced the long lasting nature of the product (sorry Bonz you do not qualify.) I am not being a pain in the *** or even doubting Zaino, but am just curious. I must say that I do not even remotely like the Brickyard color, but think that Bonz has the best looking car in the forum. My car is black, so I was also thinking about Blackfire. I have used mostly Meguiars in the past with great results on other cars, all black. Also, I am **** about keeping the car clean, but plan to only wax once per month.

Your input is appreciated.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:57 PM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by boz
I am also soon to possibly take the Zaino plunge, but have some questions first. Keep in mind that I have never used it or seen a car in person that has it (that I know of.) It seems to me that the biggest argument for Zaino versus any other wax is durability. There was a post that I just found by searching of a 911 Turbo using Zaino and Meguiars with no visible difference in shine or appearance. I need to hear from someone who actually has experienced the long lasting nature of the product (sorry Bonz you do not qualify.) I am not being a pain in the *** or even doubting Zaino, but am just curious. I must say that I do not even remotely like the Brickyard color, but think that Bonz has the best looking car in the forum. My car is black, so I was also thinking about Blackfire. I have used mostly Meguiars in the past with great results on other cars, all black. Also, I am **** about keeping the car clean, but plan to only wax once per month.

Your input is appreciated.
I guess if Dr Bonz doesn't qualify, I don't qualify. I am probably running a close 2nd, but also have a "Brickyard", so my remote comments would most likely go unread.
Attached Thumbnails The Cult of Zaino-mod-2-z-pic-8-oct-2003.jpg  

Quick Reply: The Cult of Zaino