Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

TUF SHINE: Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 03:28 PM
STL 350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TUF SHINE: Part 2

Alright... I agreed to try this again after speaking with Bob from TUF SHINE (which was very concerned with my previous outcome). UPS dropped off the box from Bob that contained a bottle labled "Heavy duty Tire Cleaner", new gloves, 2 new sponges, new tire brush, new tire clear coat and a bottle of TUF SHINE's detailing spray to review.

I decided I am just going to try one tire this time so I started on the front passenger side. I used the new tire cleaner 3 times until the tire had a grayish look to it. To me this is as clean as it gets...

I took the tire and wheel off the car so I could do some fender well cleaning too.

I moved the tire to a cool area (garage) and out of the heat from the sun to do 2 coats as I didn't want it as shiny as the last time. I wanted more of a matte finish this go around.

I did the first coat very lightly and it gave it a nice flat yet dark black look.

Allowed to dry for about 10 minutes then I went back to do the 2nd coat and I used a little more product and spread it around evenly.

This is the result...

And a pic of the sponge after 2 coats showing that no dirt was present on the tire at all.

So.... I am going to let it dry over night and report back tomorrow after my job interview. I hope this time it works out for me.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:05 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

In for final final results
Old 05-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to an update!

Greg @ DI
Old 05-12-2011, 05:40 PM
singh

looks beautiful
Old 05-13-2011, 04:41 PM
STL 350Z

Alrighty.... after 100+ miles of driving today and through a huge storm I came home to inspect my tire.

I washed the tire down (I used car wash soap "Meg Gold Class" mixed with water in a spray bottle with an old but clean wash mitt, I wouldn't use dish detergent or tire cleaner as it may strip the coating over time or instantly), dried it off to find that the tire looks EXACTLY the way it did yesterday!!! Still shiny, no cracks and no browning and no oily surface as it dries to the touch!!!

TUF SHINE if done properly with a strong APC or degreaser plus squeaky clean tires will do what it says it does.

Would I buy this product again? Yes
Would I recommend it? Yes, only if your going to take the time to clean those tires!
Ease of use is tedious and we have learned that if the surface isn't clean it's not going to work.

I recommend that if your going to do this use light coats building up to the gloss that you want.

I saw that with:
1 coat... a flat deep black look
2 coats... a semi gloss matte look (which I chose)
3 coats maximum a wet look

Now the longevity test begins.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:22 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

looks great, I'm interested in the longevity