Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Cleaning and Washing Newbie! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 12:11 PM
zman112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning and Washing Newbie! HELP

I got my Z about 2 weeks ago (LOVE IT) and I need some advice on cleaning it. I've heard a couple of things about washing it. Some say don't wash it for a month. Some say just spray with water, some say it's fine to wash, just don't wax it. What's up with this Zanio stuff? Will some store bought wax work just a well? How bad is bird poop on the finish? What's the best thing to wax and clean the interior? Thanks for your help.

Zack
Attached Thumbnails Cleaning and Washing Newbie!  HELP-myz.jpg  
Old 01-02-2004, 02:35 PM
dchengmd

Default Re: Cleaning and Washing Newbie! HELP

Originally posted by zman112233
I got my Z about 2 weeks ago (LOVE IT) and I need some advice on cleaning it. I've heard a couple of things about washing it. Some say don't wash it for a month. Some say just spray with water, some say it's fine to wash, just don't wax it. What's up with this Zanio stuff? Will some store bought wax work just a well? How bad is bird poop on the finish? What's the best thing to wax and clean the interior? Thanks for your help.
OK, let's see if I can answer these questions in an organized way:

1. Go ahead and wash the car if you want. The paint won't be harmed by it.
2. Zaino is a polymer sealant - better than regular wax, and seems to make a car's finish better looking with each coat you put on it - highly recommended by me and a bunch of others on this forum. You can get all the information (and instructions) you need at www.zainobros.com. Be prepared to spend $70-$80 for a starter package, though.
3. Store bought wax will work, but not as good as Zaino, IMO.
4. Bird poop is REALLY bad for the finish, especially if the paint isn't protected by a wax or Zaino.
5. For the interior of a car, usually a wet towel works fine to clean door panels and the dash. You can also use a vinyl protectant like Vinylex or Armor All afterwards.
6. You don't wax the interior.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:46 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Ditto!!!!!!!

Also use the search tool and go to the detailing forum, lots of good stuff there!

Last edited by zand02max; 01-02-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Kevin Overall

Default Re: Cleaning and Washing Newbie! HELP

I got my Z about 2 weeks ago (LOVE IT) and I need some advice on cleaning it. I've heard a couple of things about washing it. Some say don't wash it for a month. Some say just spray with water, some say it's fine to wash

Fine to wash, probably already been washed by the dealer anyway. Do not use a sponge to wash clear coat, I prefer and get all of my customers to use an all cotton wash mit (no polyester wash mits) you can get good ones at NAPA

Just don't wax it.

Wax it or polish it anytime you feel like it, the paint is cured and fine to wax as soon as it leaves the plant.

What's up with this Zanio stuff?

Our website for the home office is www.zainobros.com I am distributor myself. Use good towels on your paint, I prefer all natural fiber Sumpima cotton towels or the natural fiber www.dftowel.com Some people like high quality polyester and nylon but I am an all natural fiber man myself.

Will some store bought wax work just a well?

Any wax will make a car shine, but nothing I have tried has the durabilty vs. shine factor that Zaino does.

How bad is bird poop on the finish?

Extremely, contains acids that etch clear coat, can do not repairable (repaint) damage.