Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Microfiber Towels

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 05:13 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the twelve pack yellow microfiber towels from Costco for about 8 bucks and ran the CD test on them using brand new right out of the box recordable CD's.
I placed alot of effort in rubbing those CD's down and there wasn't a scratch to be seen under any type of light in my house. At first I thought they were scratches but they were actually micro pieces of the towel's thread sitting on the CD. The CD surface itself was immaculate.

I wonder if we're all talking about the same micro fiber towels?
Old 03-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Grzldvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Costco/Walmart/Big Warehouse towels can vary from run to run, even in the same batch. I have a several batches of Costco towels some would leave minor scratches others were horrible. To me it is not worth taking a chance.
I have spent a fair amount of time and $$ in investigating towels, and that is what I found. Each one should be tested before you use to make sure.
They are now relegated to interior use or checking my oil
Old 03-02-2004, 08:35 PM
maximadave

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
I bought the twelve pack yellow microfiber towels from Costco for about 8 bucks and ran the CD test on them using brand new right out of the box recordable CD's.
I placed alot of effort in rubbing those CD's down and there wasn't a scratch to be seen under any type of light in my house. At first I thought they were scratches but they were actually micro pieces of the towel's thread sitting on the CD. The CD surface itself was immaculate.

I wonder if we're all talking about the same micro fiber towels?
I bought them too and they do a great job. No problem here with scratching...
Old 03-05-2004, 12:47 PM
ZGone

Originally posted by Grzldvt
The Costco/Walmart/Big Warehouse towels can vary from run to run, even in the same batch. I have a several batches of Costco towels some would leave minor scratches others were horrible. To me it is not worth taking a chance.
I have spent a fair amount of time and $$ in investigating towels, and that is what I found. Each one should be tested before you use to make sure.
They are now relegated to interior use or checking my oil
You must have gotten a bad batch or you are just trying to persuade people to buy from you. I have 4 packs of the Costco towels and have did the test like 35oZephyR and really leaned on some CD-R's with no scratches. I mean I really tried to scratch the surface with no effect. The way I go through these towels, there is no way I could afford to buy 50 of the over priced towels. I have been using them for almost a year now and my finish still looks like the day I picked it up. So you can't say that I don't have a clue about the quality of the finish on my car.