Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino Problems - order processing, etc ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 01:21 PM
3rdpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Zaino Problems - order processing, etc ??

Let me start off by saying that I ended up looking into Zaino due to all the awesome information that I gathered from this very website. With today's electronic communities good products seem to rise to the top even if they are by small vendors.

With that said, Zaino Brother's website sucks! I mean look, I have ordered from smaller companies selling everything from cottage industry type products to specialized products and their web presences has been at least 100X's better.

* Online Order Processing ??
* Online Order Tracking??
* Online Forums and Discussions??

Not to mention a host of other customer service processes which could be simplified. I got an email this afternoon after I requested for tracking information:

Thank You for your interest in Zaino Bros' Show Car Polish Products.

Unfortunately, We will be closed for Inventory from 9/20/02 to 9/30/02.... Please re-email after that date... and we
will be more than happy to answer any and all of your inquiries...

Resend an email???? Okay, that's rediculous man!
Old 09-25-2002, 02:06 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

To be honest with you, it seems that that is all you will come to expect from the Zaino boys. It is as if they are so popular (at least in their minds) that they don't NEED to have the things you mentioned. They take their sweet time with e-mail relies and when someone asked them about a group purchase discount from our membership of over 4k people, they basically stuck their noses in the air and said they will sell their stuff to us either way and didn't feel they needed to offer a group purchase.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Zaino and those of you who have seen my "Zaino Experiment" thread from a few months ago know how the stuff works. It's awesome. It's just that they don't really have a strong web presence and I really don't think they care.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:17 PM
nick

All I know, is that everytime I have a question, I call Zaino Bros. and talk to a guy named Kevin and he patiently and politely answers even my stupid questions.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:12 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

I mailed in my order on a Thursday and received my shipment the following Wednesday. Pretty good for Chicago to NJ to Chicago. That's faster than some orders I've placed on Amazon.

Every question I emailed them, including when my order shipped was promptly answered by Sal Zaino.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:24 PM
dvlad

3rdPower, maybe you should try this....Call and ask if they have a regional distributor in your area? That's what i did and i went to pick up the products same day.

dan
Old 09-25-2002, 03:26 PM
airgate

I can't deal with the Jersey boys either. I mean, damn, I was born in Jersey and all but there's no need for an attitude when you are about to call in an order.

Do what I do. . .deal with a local rep. I use Carolina Shine (Steve Treece) in Charlotte, North Carolina. He ships out the product same day and really gives a DAMN about his customers! The first follow-up call I have ever received from a business was from Steve at Carolina Shine.

Same exact prices as the Zaino Brothers in Jersey but better service and he even excepts credit cards!

Give Steve a call at 704-759-0142 or email him at cashine@juno.com

I have been super pleased with Zaino's products but even more so with Steve's customer service. Skip the frustration and deal with a PRO!
Old 09-25-2002, 03:31 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Dan,

Who is the distributor near us?
Old 09-25-2002, 04:43 PM
bayarea-sunset

one thing you forgot to mention that bugs me about there sight is the order form.You have to print out an order form by hand and figuring the shipping ect on your own.Not a big deal but time consuming and if buisness is really that good would'nt you figure they would have a normal online shopping system.Guess the money is rolling in to bad they dont put some back into web sight.
Old 09-25-2002, 08:37 PM
rouxeny

Zaino is fairly backward. The regional distributors are few and far between. In the East Coast, there is one in NJ (the one I went to visit) and another in PA somewhere. I had kinda thought I might find a dealer somewhere down the block. Boy was I wrong. The regional dealers aren't anything too special either. They just keep their stock sitting on the same dusty shelves everything else sits on. Not too impressive, although a complete Zaino collection. If you don't want to deal with the print out form I would suggest calling your regional distributor and dealing directly with them.

I have to say, the few times I've called the Zaino number, the same guy has answered and has been very very helpful. Same with the regional distributor.
Old 09-26-2002, 05:55 AM
goofyZ

their site is not user friendly. I called to order last week and they were gone for two days to a car show. boy I wish I could shut down when ever I felt like it.
but I emailed them that I needed the zaino in a hurry, they emailed me the next day with a distributor. I then e-mailed him exactly what I wanted, and believe it or not I got it in the mail in three days WITHOUT GIVING HIM A CENT. I could not believe my eyes, that in this world someone would ship merchindise out without payment. This is the kind of trust that all people should have.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:25 AM
dvlad

Originally posted by perfectlyfrank
Dan,

Who is the distributor near us?
well, i called the main guy in Chicago.(sorry lost the phone #) He recommended me to a place in naperville. It's called "VetteWrench". I would suggest calling Zaino and Asking for the Chicago Distributor. Might be closer to you

dan
Old 09-26-2002, 04:43 PM
3rdpower

Default UPDATE

Well I finally received my order! YES!!! NOOO!!!!

They put Z1 in there instead of the $20 ZFX that I ordered!

Yet more money they'll waste by sending out an incorrect shipped product. *sigh* irritating...
Old 09-26-2002, 04:56 PM
Brad4rdHay

Zain isn't some cottage company, they sell more chemicals than you can imagine. But yes, they ares still a small buisness with MANY custo,ers, so here I might have to say, be patient and give Sal Zaino a break. From what I have heard, he usually pulls through.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:33 PM
3rdpower

I know they're know college industry

I'm saying I've bought from small business... I know these guys are better then that! Just wish they had some web presense to show for it. I suppose they whole-heartedly believe in the distribution chain...
Old 09-27-2002, 12:40 PM
mikeinatlanta

I have been trying to secure a Zaino distributership for over a
year. The guy says "distributers are a pain in the ****, I don't want any more, in fact, i'm thinking about getting rid of all of them". These guys are really wierd, but man their stuff is awesome.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:32 PM
ksj

Hey 3rd, Sorry I missed your post. I went through this and talked to Sal, who gave me the Seattle area distributors name.

It's Duane and his number is 206-579-4180. He just has his # as his message but he did call me back, and he delivered the stuff in 2 hours to a restaurant near my office (it was easier to find).
Old 09-28-2002, 12:04 AM
3502GO

Default Mail in your order?

What a F-in joke. Has anyone heard of credit cards from Zaino? I would gladly pay the extra 3% to order immediately. What a joke! I wish I was a Zaino Bro so I could fix their whole customer service issues and update them to the new millenium!
Old 09-29-2002, 06:24 AM
Grey Matter

Anyone know anywhere in So. California where you can get Zaino products?
Old 10-18-2002, 08:55 AM
LowFuel

I used to have the San Diego distributors email address, let me look it up for you.
Old 10-18-2002, 10:30 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Airgate...

damn... I wish I had seen your post earlier today. I just send out a check to Zaino. If I had known we had a distributor right here in Charlotte, I would have driven over and bought it on the spot. I work downtown anyway...

Does Carolina Shine have a store or is it mail order only?

Quick Reply: Zaino Problems - order processing, etc ??