Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Spring + Claybar + BlackFire + TXSTYLE =

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 05:06 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks gorgeous, love the new wheels.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:24 PM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful! I'm a big fan of Blackfire.

TXSTYLE, since you've mentioned being a Meguiar's fan, I've found that Meguiar's Gold Class wash works really well with the Blackfire Polish and Protectant (better even than Blackfire's own wash.) The Meguiar's suds up thicker and seems to restore the shine much better.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:58 PM
jran76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man TX, looks clean.... I think I will give the stuff a try....
Old 04-15-2004, 08:18 PM
azjimbo

flynnibus:I have followed directions to the T.Ihave put on a very,very light coat of the Paint Protectant.No matter what I do it still smears and does not dry correctly.Properautocare even sent me a new bottle.I use the micro towels also.Still does not help.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:45 PM
ThoughtZ

Definitely talk to Phil over at ProperAutoCare for all your car cleaning needs. These guys are great, I've had the pleasure of speaking witht hem a few times since they centralize in Tampa.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:37 AM
TCL

Originally posted by azjimbo
....No matter what I do it still smears and does not dry correctly.....
The one time that I had smearing problems with Blackfire was when I didn't shake the bottle enough before applying it.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:08 AM
ZNUTS

Use to detail cars/body work ;used nothing but 3M products and liked Meguires.Tried Eagle wash and wipe and liked it.Then I tried the polish;great goes on easy comes off without blotching.The tire dressing last and does not sling.I'm definantly sold on eagle products!I have a Brickyard its always show room with no swirl marks.It's also inexpensive and easy to use;takes about 30/40 mins to do the whole car.(excluding wheels).
Old 04-16-2004, 04:04 AM
240DRIVEN

Default where did you get that rear wing?

TXSTYLE, where did you get that rear wing, that thing is sweet.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:47 AM
ElBombastico

ahh, your wheels are blinding me!!!!
Old 04-16-2004, 08:01 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

>>looks gorgeous, love the new wheels.<<

Thank you sir!

>>TXSTYLE, since you've mentioned being a Meguiar's fan, I've found that Meguiar's Gold Class wash works really well with the Blackfire Polish and Protectant (better even than Blackfire's own wash.) The Meguiar's suds up thicker and seems to restore the shine much better.<<

I would have to agree with you! MG makes some of the BEST wash bar none for cars. It never strips wax! But... I am trying this new Eagle 1 soap as we speak (pink very thick) and seems to be just as nice.

>>Man TX, looks clean.... I think I will give the stuff a try....<<

Josh, you won't be dissapointed.

>>flynnibus:I have followed directions to the T.Ihave put on a very,very light coat of the Paint Protectant.No matter what I do it still smears and does not dry correctly.Properautocare even sent me a new bottle.I use the micro towels also.Still does not help.<<

I must too say that unless you use VERY little of this stuff, it WILL smear. But here's my secret to easy removal no matter what:
Use a lil' "spray wax" (Eagle 1 wax as u dry, Meguiars, etc.) on the buffing towel, and it'll come right off.

>>TXSTYLE, where did you get that rear wing, that thing is sweet.
<<

Thanks! As stated in my signature, it is a 'TC' or Toyota Celica O.E.M. spoiler (newer models). I love it, and it truly is what I've wanted a spoiler for the Z to look like.

>>ahh, your wheels are blinding me!!!!<<

Old 04-16-2004, 08:13 AM
moog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TX -- The car is looking really good man...i mean REALLY good. I myself am a fan of Klasse. I just clay bar'd it a few weeks ago, and with my weekly wash I add a layer of the sealant glaze. Properautocare is a great place.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:51 PM
tcmount

I was a little skeptical of Blackfire when I first put it on. It just was not that much better than nothing at all. But after adding a few more coats, man what a difference. You'll see it after 3 and after 5 coats, your car will look like a licked tootsie pop.

Now I see proper auto care is pushing a new product - Menzema. Anyone tried this?
Old 04-16-2004, 05:28 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

Originally posted by mrZeee
shhhhhhhh..... don't let the zaniophiles here ya talking about all these other products......errr ummm oh yeah and don't forget to use the Z29 after Z47
Yes !! Nice to see the Blackfire users on the board ... new and old. Still love the stuff ... everything from the clay kit to shampoo to detailing mist.

My Z33 ... Blackfired since birth ... Feb 11 2003
Old 04-18-2004, 02:26 PM
The Sopranos 16

Originally posted by tcmount
I was a little skeptical of Blackfire when I first put it on. It just was not that much better than nothing at all. But after adding a few more coats, man what a difference. You'll see it after 3 and after 5 coats, your car will look like a licked tootsie pop.

Now I see proper auto care is pushing a new product - Menzema. Anyone tried this?
I've tried it all, including the new Menzerna products your asking about. The Final Polish II is phenominal. Using it with a Porter Cable really makes all the difference in the world for your car. Their new wax, FMJ, is also a great product. It leaves the slickest finish I've ever felt (even better than BLACKFIRE, which comes next) and was also the easiest to take off. The shine was excellent as well, so overall I'm thrilled with the product. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a quick detail spray like BLACKFIRE or Zaino. Those sprays make your car look just waxed when you use them after normal washes. But besides that its a great product, just expensive!
Old 04-25-2004, 11:11 PM
fisherprice

I have been using BF for a year now and I love it. It is super easy to use. No hard work and it lasts forever.

I finally have a garge to put my car in so it should last even longer.
Attached Thumbnails Spring + Claybar + BlackFire + TXSTYLE =-105_0501_resize.jpg  
Old 04-26-2004, 07:18 AM
fisherprice

not sure if you could tell what color the car was from the last pick.
Attached Thumbnails Spring + Claybar + BlackFire + TXSTYLE =-105_0511_resize.jpg  
Old 04-26-2004, 08:08 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Lookin good my man!
Old 04-27-2004, 04:00 PM
KShep

Txstyle...whatever effort you put into that detail job was certainly worth it....very nice. The wheels are really catching my eye...how do you clean/dry the polished lips and other surfaces and avoid the possible< I hate to even type it> scratch? I just put HRE's on mine and the polished lips are so soft I'm afraid to touch them.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:55 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is funny that some people seem to think that that Zaino stuff is the ONLY thing that can make your car look shiny.

I use Autoglym http://www.autoglym.com/index2.html

if it is good enough for Austin Martin, Bentley, Rolls and champion porsche, its good enough for me
Old 04-28-2004, 06:38 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by KShep
Txstyle...whatever effort you put into that detail job was certainly worth it....very nice. The wheels are really catching my eye...how do you clean/dry the polished lips and other surfaces and avoid the possible< I hate to even type it> scratch? I just put HRE's on mine and the polished lips are so soft I'm afraid to touch them.
Thank you sir!
I try my best to avoid the dreaded "s" word!
Unfortunately, even I have succomed to 2 very fine scratches on 2 different wheels! Only I would notice em' though.

Here's the BIG problem with polished lips as oppossed to chrome:
As you say, the material is indeed 'softer' and 'poreous' wheras chrome is actually a 'hard' surface/plating. That's why my chrome MODA's look so good to this day, even though I've had them for @ 5 years! Don't get me wrong, they too have fine scratches. But it took at least a year or so before I noticed them!

Now on to what I use:
I use a spray on soapy solution (Meguiars or Eagle 1) followed by quick detailers (Meguiars & Eagle 1). It is my experience that the light coating of these products help to preserve the luster and add a layer of protection from scratches.
Idealy what would be BEST, would be to use a 'air-gun' to blow out ALL debres from the wheels or rinse them away with water!
For me these aren't viable options because:
1. I don't own air tools.
2. I don't fully wash (wet entire car down) my car but once every few weeks (that may surprise alot of people including my neighbors who think I wash my car several times a week!
I have a technique that I've used for years, and it works quite well).

So trust me... I feel your anxiety on cleaning nice, expensive, polished wheels.

Quick Reply: Spring + Claybar + BlackFire + TXSTYLE =