Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Stupid question about clay bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 10:58 AM
bcmember

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid question about clay bar

Alright my second post :P I am trying to prepare for my first Z nd I am ordering the Zaino stuff tomorrow. What I want to know is a question aboutt the clay. I am using it the day I get the car or day after with the other zaino products to give it that great look and protect it, but no where does it say to use the clay on the entire car, it acts like you should see or feel spots and use it there. Should you go over entire car? I want to so I can prepare for first coats of Zaino.

All you expert advice is greatly appreciated.

Oh just thought of something else, they have a Z16 for tires but it also says to use Z6 on tires if you want. Do you think its worth it to get serpearate Zaino for tires (z16) or should you just use the Z6 that you will already be buying.

Thanks
bcmember
Old 04-30-2004, 11:03 AM
bixby

You should clay the entire car. I've not used Z16 or tried Z6 on the tires but I'm sure they're great products. I've always used wet-n-black or similar tire dressings. Since I have so many cars it's easier for me than always ordering more Zaino for my tires cause I go through it so fast.

Oh, and it wasn't a stupid question.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:22 PM
JokerDev

clay the entire car just to get rid of all the contaminants....for the tires, meguiars high endurance tire gloss works well-don't think you need zaino for that (most people get the zfx, z5, and z6, z2 after a while for the swirls)--have fun with the car
Old 04-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

The Z-16 is an excellent tire dressing. I use it all the time. It was recently voted second in the Guru Reports latest Tire and Wheel report.

Believe it or not, Armor All won overall but I think Zaino would have beat it out had it not got very low grades on "availability" while AA obviously got a high grade for that.

I think what you saw was referring to Z-6 on the WHEELS not the tires. Z-6 is very nice on the wheels to shine them up between washings.

Oh yeah, clay the ENTIRE car.