Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

The protector

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 06:45 PM
lunartick13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The protector

THe day the dealer called and tells me that my Z just pulled in and they are about to wheell it off the truck, MY heart beat went up like 200 beats, after waiting for like it seemed a very long, long time.
So I rushed to the dealer and by the time I got there it was geting washed and detailed, then the question came up from the car sales guy, "would you like to buy the Protector" which is a Environmental Overcoat Paint Surface Shield, they showed a buNch of data about how the stuff is there inpregneted into the paint for ever and almost nothing sticks to the paint surface and it came with a 5 year warranty plus they also do the interior with like a scottguard. At the time I was not familiar with the product and I made the deciission to purchase this product, a year later my paint looks great but I am not sure if the paint treatment is the real reson why.
I bought my Z in Rockford Il. and the Protector has their main office in Oak Brook Il. I need some opinions I like to know if I got taken or for those who have this product , are you satisfied?
LET ME HEAR YOU!!
Old 09-10-2004, 07:32 PM
rayram

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the same thing done to my Z roadster. I'm satisfied with the product as it does what it claims. Bugs, sap and oil seems to wipe off relatively easy. I also had the interior and undercoating done to the car. My neighbor who works in the car business has told me the product has value, however, if the dealer is charging you a premium for the product, say above 300 hundred dollars, you are being taken.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:13 PM
johanna1

I think it is worth it for people who don't take care of their car because it will cover it if the paint starts to fade. Its pretty cheap compared to a new paint job. I got it done, but I keep up with my paint using Zaino. I never use their products they gave me, but the guy said that it won't hurt it to use other things with it. The good thing about the interior warranty is that if it starts to crack any they will replace it for free. I have a little cracking on the left side of the drivers seat and am not going to bother with it right now, but will make sure to complain about it before the warranty runs out, or when I can't take it bothering anymore.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:37 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

ALL of those dealer applied treatmentments are complete scams. I'm not saying that the stuff they apply is TOTAL crap but the prices they charge to do it are insane. You could do MUCH better taking care of it yourself foe PENNIES on the dollars compared to the dealer prices.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:57 PM
lunartick13

Originally posted by rayram
I got the same thing done to my Z roadster. I'm satisfied with the product as it does what it claims. Bugs, sap and oil seems to wipe off relatively easy. I also had the interior and undercoating done to the car. My neighbor who works in the car business has told me the product has value, however, if the dealer is charging you a premium for the product, say above 300 hundred dollars, you are being taken.
Rayram, as a matter of fact, I paid $700.0 for the whole treatment, with the interior and the undercoating, at the time i was not thinking very clear I just wanted what was best for my baby,I`ve had 2nd thoughts ever since,I thought I over paid for this product but as you mentioned it does work, and I have no chips on my paint job.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:59 AM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$700!!!!!! I can get you a good deal on the brooklyn bridge if you want.