Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

My APS TT Z's first trip to the track...11s inside...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005 | 12:18 PM
zero2prove

Brian,

Very respectable times for your first trip with the kit. I'm sure you'll nail 11.5 with slicks and a good launch next time. Let me know when your going back out there, cause I want to go too.

-Tuan
Old 08-22-2005 | 12:33 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore
Premier Member

Originally Posted by zero2prove
Brian,

Very respectable times for your first trip with the kit. I'm sure you'll nail 11.5 with slicks and a good launch next time. Let me know when your going back out there, cause I want to go too.

-Tuan
Thanks, Definitely will let you know when we're going next. Probably mid to late sept. Your car should easily trap over 120.
Old 08-23-2005 | 12:24 AM
JisNis

Briguymax,

Do you have a list of your mods? Just curious as I would like to purchase the APS TT as well.
Old 08-23-2005 | 02:34 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore
Premier Member

Originally Posted by JisNis
Briguymax,

Do you have a list of your mods? Just curious as I would like to purchase the APS TT as well.
hmmm...just a quick rundown:
APS TT...obviously
Helix Test Pipes
Borla TD Exhaust
JWT clutch/flywheel
Nismo S-Tune Suspension
Stoptech 13.1 BBK
Defi boost gauge
AEM UEGO Wideband AF guage
Greddy Profec S electronic boost controller
18 inch volk SF-Winnings with S-03s in the front and BFG drags in the back

I think that's about it. Probably missing something though.
Old 08-23-2005 | 06:15 AM
mcderns

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
I'll post that vid if you want....
Post it, I want to see how bad you beat me!
Old 08-23-2005 | 10:02 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

i always knew your the better driver.

remember about this time last year... I was just on base greddy kit with fuel system at 8.5psi making the same 430rwhp, the quickest I ever went was a 12.1 @ 115 .... I think you were there when I ran like 10 of those in a day .. consistently missing 5th gear right before the end... actually I think Tuan was there too! Most frustrating day of my life I think.
Old 08-23-2005 | 10:49 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mcderns
Post it, I want to see how bad you beat me!
k...I'll put it up tonight...
Old 08-23-2005 | 10:52 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore
Premier Member

Originally Posted by phunk
i always knew your the better driver.

remember about this time last year... I was just on base greddy kit with fuel system at 8.5psi making the same 430rwhp, the quickest I ever went was a 12.1 @ 115 .... I think you were there when I ran like 10 of those in a day .. consistently missing 5th gear right before the end... actually I think Tuan was there too! Most frustrating day of my life I think.
I was there...I haven't had any problem with the shift into 5th yet. I do have a problem banging the rev limiter at the end of second though. What have you been up to? I've been trying to get a hold of you for a while.
Old 08-23-2005 | 03:49 PM
kopo

Let me know when you guys go to the track again, I would like to come as well
Old 08-23-2005 | 05:13 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

I was there...I haven't had any problem with the shift into 5th yet. I do have a problem banging the rev limiter at the end of second though. What have you been up to? I've been trying to get a hold of you for a while.
i have been up to too much lately... we will catch up shortly... after this week things should start to settle in around here. If you want to come out, if all goes as planned, this saturday and sunday we are gonna take rons viper to Byron... it will be the first time out with this new setup so I am not sure if much should be expected... but watching a 1725rwhp car try to run should be fun either way.

as for banging rev limit... thats very understandable, your next mod should be a TS or AAM flash for a 7000rpm limit... its hard not to hit the 6500 limit with the TT's, APS and Greddy alike are pulling hard all the way up and 6500 is before you really start to a feel a power drop that makes you want to shift.
Old 08-23-2005 | 06:07 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore
Premier Member

i have been up to too much lately... we will catch up shortly... after this week things should start to settle in around here. If you want to come out, if all goes as planned, this saturday and sunday we are gonna take rons viper to Byron... it will be the first time out with this new setup so I am not sure if much should be expected... but watching a 1725rwhp car try to run should be fun either way.

as for banging rev limit... thats very understandable, your next mod should be a TS or AAM flash for a 7000rpm limit... its hard not to hit the 6500 limit with the TT's, APS and Greddy alike are pulling hard all the way up and 6500 is before you really start to a feel a power drop that makes you want to shift.

If I don't go to Michigan this weekend I'll definitely head up to Byron on Saturday.

Only thing I'm worried about with a reflash with a higher rev limiter is the rod bolts with the power and the extra revs. Otherwise I'd do it right away.
Old 08-23-2005 | 07:01 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

i wouldnt worry about it man... remember i ran 7000rpm since the day i put the FCON in... never had a problem! Tuans got you tuned good! I used to do burnouts and bang off the 7k like 30 times straight! I say go for it (but im not gonna pay to fix it if it breaks!!)... just make sure your tune is clean beyond 6500 if you do it, since it hasnt been tested up there yet.... remember all that racing i did at 7000rpm... i think it should be fine.
Old 08-23-2005 | 07:20 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore
Premier Member

i wouldnt worry about it man... remember i ran 7000rpm since the day i put the FCON in... never had a problem! Tuans got you tuned good! I used to do burnouts and bang off the 7k like 30 times straight! I say go for it (but im not gonna pay to fix it if it breaks!!)... just make sure your tune is clean beyond 6500 if you do it, since it hasnt been tested up there yet.... remember all that racing i did at 7000rpm... i think it should be fine.
It's very very tempting....

In other news...Kopo (Adam): I might be going to the track to see the viper run on Saturday...so if you're interested let me know. Don't know if I'll be running my car...maybe I'll bring my bike and run that.
Old 08-23-2005 | 08:53 PM
mrtomcat

I got the TS l-Spec Reflash and shift at 6900. I had Brainstorm tune my kit accordingly.
Best thing about it is so far I didn't have to shift into 5th, which of course will change once I get below 1.8's in my 60' foots.
Old 08-24-2005 | 07:20 AM
mcderns

Saturday I could go out and run again, but remember about the cruise/meet sunday guys!!
Old 08-24-2005 | 11:07 AM
synth19

wtf...I just hear about this now??!?! impressive!!!!! Give the locals some love and post your exploits on chicagoZ.com!!!!!
Old 08-24-2005 | 11:26 AM
bigbri

Good *** times bro.....need to take my ride to the track wonder what I can run.....??? Where did you get you rears at...? could I get then in 19 inch 275
??
Old 08-24-2005 | 11:31 AM
mcderns

Originally Posted by synth19
wtf...I just hear about this now??!?! impressive!!!!! Give the locals some love and post your exploits on chicagoZ.com!!!!!
Cough, cough COUGH ...
Old 08-24-2005 | 12:43 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
I got the TS l-Spec Reflash and shift at 6900. I had Brainstorm tune my kit accordingly.
Best thing about it is so far I didn't have to shift into 5th, which of course will change once I get below 1.8's in my 60' foots.
You won't trap higher with a better 60' so why would you have to shift into 5th??
Old 08-24-2005 | 02:08 PM
mrtomcat

You won't trap higher with a better 60' so why would you have to shift into 5th??
because if I get a better 60 I have to shift earlier into second and so forth. As it stands right now I am about to hit the limiter right when I cross the finish line. So I figure if I have to shift earlier because of a better 60' foot I'd have to hit 5th....pure speculation on my part...I might be completly off on that...

I'm going to LACR tonight....horrible track even slower and higher elevation than Cali Speedway...I'm hoping for a 12.5...at that track that would be awesome....

Quick Reply: My APS TT Z's first trip to the track...11s inside...