you should sell your car

to me for 10k
Old 11-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gnxs
Nice run considering the tires and crappy short time. Certainly mid-high 10 second potential there, but it seems like you're closer to 600 rwhp than 700 rwhp considering your weight and trap speeds.

With that MPH, some MT DRs might get you into the 10's as is (even granny shifting).
Yeah, the domestics running mid to low 10's were all trapping about 125mph or in that range, so it certainly has the power to do 10's with the right drive and setup.

In regards to power, I have no idea. All know, is what it did on our dyno, which has been proven to read lower than a dynojet. Trap speeds can vary by a lot of things, so I wouldnt read too much into it. I am just happy with the results, especially taking it pretty easy down the track. I basically just relaxed, and didnt try to force anything. As a result...nothing broke! :THUMBUP:

Jeremy, a run from a 60mph roll would be a lot of fun. These Greddy turbos are already pooping out. There isnt a whole lot more airflow available from them. I did 590whp at 16.5psi, and 650whp at 19.5 psi.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:07 PM
gnxs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Yeah, the domestics running mid to low 10's were all trapping about 125mph or in that range, so it certainly has the power to do 10's with the right drive and setup.

In regards to power, I have no idea. All know, is what it did on our dyno, which has been proven to read lower than a dynojet. Trap speeds can vary by a lot of things, so I wouldnt read too much into it. I am just happy with the results, especially taking it pretty easy down the track. I basically just relaxed, and didnt try to force anything. As a result...nothing broke! :THUMBUP:
Yes I agree and great results for first time out at the strip with it.

Again, Nice Job!
Old 11-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah , the problem is that the domestics have a straight axle and they pull 1.3 to 1.4s all day, thats good for a half a second in the quarter mile over our 1.6 to 1.8s.

we have to work on our suspensions and get it all dialed in to compare our trap speeds with any domestics...
Old 11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Yeah, my car is always going to be a fully streetable circuit car, so I dont expect to do much more with it for the dragstrip, other than putting some slicks on it. It's a lot better in the corners, than off the line.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Yeah, my car is always going to be a fully streetable circuit car, so I dont expect to do much more with it for the dragstrip, other than putting some slicks on it. It's a lot better in the corners, than off the line.

im still going to prove you wrong here soon that i cant lift the fronts off the ground.... pics soon!!
Old 11-20-2006, 03:21 PM
sandy@forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I never said you couldnt lift them...sure would look neat!

Here is a vid of my run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEXp4DPlNpI
give it a few minutes to process before clicking
Old 11-20-2006, 03:48 PM
gnxs

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
yeah , the problem is that the domestics have a straight axle and they pull 1.3 to 1.4s all day, thats good for a half a second in the quarter mile over our 1.6 to 1.8s.

we have to work on our suspensions and get it all dialed in to compare our trap speeds with any domestics...
I hate it when you guys generalize with the term "domestic". Sharif didn't get a poor 60 ft. because he didn't have a solid axle, he got it because he was trying to hook up a ton of power on a 295 BFG DR.

Very few street cars, domestics or imports, pull 1.3 - 1.4 60 fts. at the track. Most street type cars typically pull 1.5 - 1.8 60 ft times depending on whether they're on a full bias ply type of slick or a DR. Not all domestics have a straight axle and not all imports have an IRS type suspension.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:00 PM
dutchboy

im still going to prove you wrong here soon that i cant lift the fronts off the ground.... pics soon!!
The first time I watched your 10 second vid, I thought it did pull the fronts.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

right, but most domestic (american cars like mustangs, corvettes, chevelles , novas, GNs, etc) that i run with pull better 60 foot times than us guys with IRS. its not a guess, its just the truth. our suspensions are made for cornering, not launching and getting traction with TONS of hp.

i dont just make stuff up, i am going from what i have learned and seen in my years of drag racing imports...

i know he got a ok 60 foot because he was launching with lots of power. but that same power on slicks would only yeild a 1.6 possibly a 1.5 on a lucky day where as a american straight axle car with similar hp and good tires could pull great 60s...
Old 11-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Originally Posted by sandy@forged
I never said you couldnt lift them...sure would look neat!

Here is a vid of my run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEXp4DPlNpI
give it a few minutes to process before clicking

AH HA!!! the truth comes out, it was Sandy driving, i knew you couldnt drive man!!
Old 11-20-2006, 04:06 PM
skidmarq

LOL, Sharif is busted

(bet he will blame it on logging in with the wrong user account, watch...)
Old 11-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Gumpdriver

Man Sharif, Sandy did the driving man she stepped her game up. Looks like you need to get it in gear.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:22 PM
95snoozer

but you 0nly want to lift a little bit

leave the oil pan crushing,bumper scraping wheel stands to the mustangs

my dream would to be to yank the wheels again on the 1-2 t-trim 331 should do the trick
Old 11-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by skidmarq
LOL, Sharif is busted

(bet he will blame it on logging in with the wrong user account, watch...)
You guys are funny...LOL.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Z-Gad

Picking up nearly 30 MPH in the second half of the track is no joke!!
You are definately making power
Now you have a good starting point and something to think about before the track opens again next year.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Z-Gad
Picking up nearly 30 MPH in the second half of the track is no joke!!
You are definately making power
Now you have a good starting point and something to think about before the track opens again next year.
Yeah, the car has an indecent amount of pull beyond 100mph...it just wants to keep going and going!!
Old 11-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Nealoc187

right, but most domestic (american cars like mustangs, corvettes, chevelles , novas, GNs, etc) that i run with pull better 60 foot times than us guys with IRS. its not a guess, its just the truth. our suspensions are made for cornering, not launching and getting traction with TONS of hp.

i dont just make stuff up, i am going from what i have learned and seen in my years of drag racing imports...

i know he got a ok 60 foot because he was launching with lots of power. but that same power on slicks would only yeild a 1.6 possibly a 1.5 on a lucky day where as a american straight axle car with similar hp and good tires could pull great 60s...

An auto, often with a trans brake on a tire with 90/10s tends to help things too... That and probably having alot more experience at the track with their completely superior setup (far beyond just the difference between IRS and solid rear) than most guys in 350Zs.

Inexperience with launching on that particular tire and trans setup, and too much power for the tire both are much more significant with regards to Sharif's (and many, many other people on here) 60' time than the simple difference between IRS and a solid rear axle.

There is no doubt that ultimately, a solid axle that doesn't increase the negative camber is superior for launching at the drag strip. However, pointing at the IRS as the "reason" that some "domestics" cut 1.3s while basically stock suspensioned Zs with a BFG DR and boatloads of power are cutting less than stellar 60' times, is naive. A helluvalot more work goes into launching a car really hard than a swap from IRS to solid rear axle.

Sharif - Nice work. More practice and more willingness to really wail on it will definately go a long way. Keep workin at it mang.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:16 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

There are Supras, Vettes and other IRS cars that pull 1.3-1.4 60's all day...it's SETUP not IRS vs. Solid. Hell, I'm pretty sure the PM 350Z pulled a 1.4x 60' before switching to the solid rear end.

The reason Solids are typically preferred over IRS's for fast cars is all in the strength. A built up solid rear axle will resist breakage much better than any IRS. Less torsional movement among parts means less breakage.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:46 PM
VeeTec

Oh my. I wish I could have been there!

Quick Reply: Went to the 1/4 mile track...finally :)