Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Fluid1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Fluid1, I don't know what the hell's up your butt. If I recall correctly, I tried to help you with your exhaust issues a couple of weeks ago and tried to help you and gave you my opinions on certain things. I don't really care whether or not you go under the stock or modified. But as I've mentioned already and others again to remind you, your car wasn't completely stock. Complete = 100%. Now, because it wasn't, you don't go under the stock category. Keep arguing, nobody gives a ****. Maybe you should take English again in grade school... junior.
thanks for the help with the exhaust. Being that you aren't the OP in this thread, I don't know why you had anything to say to me.
1000000 to 1 odds you wouldn't call me Junior to my face. :kiss:

This is goddamned rediculous. Stock engine and power mods= stock. Check any other forum.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:44 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by kaybee650
can we take into consideration which track we went to? just because experience some tracks run faster than others.
That is very true, but that'll make the already detailed list even longer.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:46 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

That is very true, but that'll make the already detailed list even longer.
Originally Posted by Fluid1
thanks for the help with the exhaust. Being that you aren't the OP in this thread, I don't know why you had anything to say to me.
1000000 to 1 odds you wouldn't call me Junior to my face. :kiss:

This is goddamned rediculous. Stock engine and power mods= stock. Check any other forum.
You're welcome for the exhaust info. Even though I may not be the OP, I'm still on the list. Therefore, my opinions matter. Others agree with what I said also. And was that supposed to be a threat? Please don't hurt me. BTW, this isn't "any other forum." So quit arguing over something that you know you won't win. Your car has the potential to be one of the faster ones here. Why continue arguing instead of spending time at the track?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Fluid1

You're welcome for the exhaust info. Even though I may not be the OP, I'm still on the list. Therefore, my opinions matter. Others agree with what I said also. And was that supposed to be a threat? Please don't hurt me. BTW, this isn't "any other forum." So quit arguing over something that you know you won't win. Your car has the potential to be one of the faster ones here. Why continue arguing instead of spending time at the track?
I have nothing to add to this thread apparently. I ran a very fast "stock" 1/4 mile, and I don't care to again. If you read the thread I posted when I did run the 1/4 (the only time I've ever run a 1/4 mile in any car) then you would see that I don't really care about the 1/4, just thought I'd add to this thread. I set my car up for autocross, and will never again be "stock" as this forum requires for this thread. Then the haters come in and claim that my car's not stock for drag racing purposes, which is complete BS. If anything, the heavier Cusco front bar hurt my run.
I made you no threats sir. I merely mentioned that you are nice and terse behind your computer, but you likely wouldn't man up and have that same attitude with me in person. Likely situation would be that we would be friends if we lived near each other. I'm disapointed in the forum and with some members that there is such angst towards others. I merely tried to contribute.
Peace, my friend. Peace.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:08 PM
6SPD Z33

14.6? my Scion tC ran faster than that lol
Old 02-16-2007, 12:19 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Fluid1, all right. I'm done with this and I don't care anymore. Truce?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:22 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hello,

I have a friend that took his factory floor mats out, and then never replaced them with anything else. Is he stock? Serious question. Thanks!

Darren
Old 02-16-2007, 12:25 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Hello,

I have a friend that took his factory floor mats out, and then never replaced them with anything else. Is he stock? Serious question. Thanks!

Darren
........Cute.. but that's not a mod is it? That's like asking if taking out a spare makes you not stock.

Aceman, you got PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Javierg35

Hello,

Darren
I think can be called a weight saving mod (dont know weight saving)
Old 02-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Fluid1

Fluid1, all right. I'm done with this and I don't care anymore. Truce?
Absolutely. But please don't stop posting, I am in love with your avatar.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by Javierg35
I think can be called a weight saving mod (dont know weight saving)
I would say that this is NOT a weight saving mod, as the SCCA and NASA MAKE you remove your floormats for racing safety.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:56 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

........Cute.. but that's not a mod is it? That's like asking if taking out a spare makes you not stock.

Hello,

I maybe cute, but I'm really making a point..

On your point "That's like asking if taking out a spare makes you not stock", what if he takes out carpet, sound deadening material, passenger side seat. Is he still stock? Can you buy a Z from the factory without those? What I'm getting at is, if he's still stock when he takes out his spare, at what point do you draw the line that he's no longer stock? It's apparently been established already that a front sway bar is a mod, that disqualifies you from being stock, but in drag racing (power:weight) removing stock weight is also a mod. Can we agree on that? If then we agree that it's a mod, do we agree that the car is no longer stock? I guarantee you that, in the long run, this point will be of serious contention, and therefore needs to be determined now. It's a bitter debate in supraforums, and will be here in the future.

At this time there are no cars even close to 9.99 (10.40 best?). In the very near future, when we start seeing sub 10 second passes, weight will be a major argument. Whomever started this thread needs to make it a requirement that cars are weighed, and that the stock weight of each years various models is agreed upon.

My 2 yen...

D.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:07 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Fluid1
I would say that this is NOT a weight saving mod, as the SCCA and NASA MAKE you remove your floormats for racing safety.
Hello,

This thread is about 1/4 mile times, not road racing, touring, or anything else. I don't have to take out my floor mats when I go to the local track. Do you?

Darren.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, my car would have went mid 9s if it would have lasted longer. the 10.40 was a weak pass on low boost. there will be many sub 10 sec passes in the future but not many with stock weight....

weight is a major issue
Old 02-16-2007, 04:56 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hello,

Darren
LOL. Humorous but a good point. Next season I will suggest combining stock and bolt-ons into one class: all-motor. If you are not running a power-adder than you are all-motor. This will eliminate the

OEM battery vs light weight battery
OEM vs replacement tires
OEM air filter vs one from Pep Boys

debates.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:08 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

but in drag racing (power:weight) removing stock weight is also a mod.
Agree. If I run Quick-8 stock, I cannot make significant weight adjustments. Removing the passenger seat is considered significant. Unlike a racing official, aceman is at a disadvantage: he cannot inspect the car.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:19 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Well it seems like the stock time section is going to become a big pain in the ARSS!!

At this point, should we just remove stock and forget about?

As i said before, i want this to be a fun and interesting thread. Not a thread where people are at each other throats over this and that.

Should i do a poll?

Then we can get everyones opinions on what should be consider STOCK or if we should even bother with it.

Let me know
Todd
Old 02-18-2007, 12:32 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

I think that might be better.. getting rid of stock category all together.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:28 AM
streetracer

I agree that we should have a poll. Stock section is the most interesting stat to me because technically, we should all be the same and with those different numbers we can see were were at driving.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:57 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

As I've mentioned many times before, times vary not only due to differences in skills of the various drivers, other factors such as temperature, elevation, track prep, humidity, etc. Plus, some tracks are just much faster than others.

Quick Reply: Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )