Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

DRAG RACE FORUM: Listen up..

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
SergEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
I thought brake hp was used strictly by Car salemen and Mag Racers.
My sig doesnt say bhp either

Google dynapack...you may learn something about measuring horsepower
Old 11-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL that Dynapack adds only 5% to Dynojet numbers...I did say DA affects times, your 20 replies far behind, that discussion is pretty much dead now. Regardless you talk alot for a guy that hasnt taken a Z down a track at least one time.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:57 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SergEK
My base line was 263 (249est dynojet) and my current is right about 280 (266whp est) ...does that sound HIGH for a RevUp with my mods...I dont think so but it really doesnt matter....
I have now read it all. You're guestimating DJ #s with your dynapack hub hp #s?

So you gained and guestimated 17 rwhp with a few bolt on breather mods?

Google "exaggerated claims" ... you may learn something.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:01 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought the Z in Cali and havent had the time to run it
Then please do so soon.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:23 AM
cp79shark

k, thanks.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:24 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by cp79shark

k, thanks.
I'm sorry this thread hasn't met your approval. Maybe if you would have contributed to it earlier instead of this one post...
Old 11-08-2007, 11:48 AM
one350zfan

I don't know what DA is!

Seriously, I've never cared to research it.

Just let me know what power I'm putting down, thats all I need to know...

Carry on...
Old 11-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by one350zfan
I don't know what DA is!

Seriously, I've never cared to research it.

Just let me know what power I'm putting down, thats all I need to know...

Carry on...
that means you don't know how to dirve. How can you drive down the track and not know your theoretical equivalent altitude based on air density. You won't know your power output or how to drive.....GOSH.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:20 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by Alberto
LOL that Dynapack adds only 5% to Dynojet numbers...I did say DA affects times, your 20 replies far behind, that discussion is pretty much dead now. Regardless you talk alot for a guy that hasnt taken a Z down a track at least one time.
You said DA doesnt effect the times enough to make a difference using only weather as your basis never even conceding that tracks across the country are AUTOMATICALLY slower because of the their natural elevation and concluded....tuff....run at sea level...as if the NHRA rule book is bogus or just a grand scheme to make passes at higher elevation tracks bogus

Again, click my previous link

But the tons of other passes I have made in my other cars doesnt qualify or winning my bracket class championship was pre luck GTFOH with that dude...

DA effects every car, my old Hondas, my Z, everyone...FI cars not nearly as much but for NA it matters ALOT....anything that can make you automatically a half second to more than a full second slower driven by an expert, matters

You trying to pass off my facts because I havent made a pass in my Z is even more ridiculous than trying to pass me off as a drag noob

As if making a pass in the Z would change the reality of DA and its effects on NA cars...
Old 11-08-2007, 04:59 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

You trying to pass off my facts because I havent made a pass in my Z is even more ridiculous than trying to pass me off as a drag noob
Last time I checked this IS the drag section of my350Z.com. Why would we care if you ran a 16.7 in some other random car?
Or that you're a bracket class champion?

How about this: stop your yapping and produce a timeslip with a Z. It's pretty simple.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Peak350

Last time I checked this IS the drag section of my350Z.com. Why would we care if you ran a 16.7 in some other random car?
Or that you're a bracket class champion?

How about this: stop your yapping and produce a timeslip with a Z. It's pretty simple.
Just leave it alone. Hes saying he has drag raced before, take it or leave it he has experience and is making a valid argument.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:09 PM
SergEK

I have now read it all. You're guestimating DJ #s with your dynapack hub hp #s?

So you gained and guestimated 17 rwhp with a few bolt on breather mods?

Google "exaggerated claims" ... you may learn something.
The deltas aka the before and after numbers are what truly matter on a dyno...the actual numbers are for pissing contests....it looks like you didnt take my google advice huh?

BTW my civic, when I sold it, was probably faster than your roadster
14.0@98 @2700ft with 160whp and I sold it with 175whp and a redline of 8600rpm 2400lbs or so...Toda 8lb fly, 00 US ITR motor/trans...random car? Your stock roadster is a dime a dozen car compared to that EK but I am probably shooting over your head with all this anyway

I will post the before and after numbers.....and you can take them for what they are worth....I dont know what exactly posting a slip from my Z would do...it wont change the laws of physics or elevation

These are pics of my dyno and the people I hung out with at the dyno day....GASP...a C5, an M3 and another Z....I should tell them their opinions about DA dont matter because they dont own a Z...they own a "random" car

267 was with popcharger...the 280was with TB spacer....the FIRST pull after the TB spacer/ecu reset saw 273-274 or so and as the ecu kept learning it got better...I also didnt reset the ecu after the popcharger so this was the first reset after both mods were done.....Shawn Church of Church Automotive gained 9hp on the dynapack with this mod on his G35....but I guess a respected tuner is fabricating phantom gains on his personal ride right?

Gains are gains
Attached Thumbnails DRAG RACE FORUM: Listen up..-12.jpg   DRAG RACE FORUM: Listen up..-13.jpg   DRAG RACE FORUM: Listen up..-img00181.jpg  

Last edited by SergEK; 11-08-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

The deltas aka the before and after numbers are what truly matter on a dyno...the actual numbers are for pissing contests....it looks like you didnt take my google advice huh?

Still waiting on that timeslip ... You're still an absolute waist to this part of the forum. Let's go bracket champion!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:41 PM
HDPDZO6

Still waiting on that timeslip ... You're still an absolute waist to this part of the forum. Let's go bracket champion!!!
Timeslip or not, do you disagree with his opinion regarding DA and the effect it has on NA vehicles?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:51 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Timeslip or not, do you disagree with his opinion regarding DA and the effect it has on NA vehicles?
I thought the whole DA argument was settled two pages ago. YES DA matters, If you live in Denver, CO your times will be substantially slower. NOT because you can't drive worth a ****.

What I can't stand is Mr Serg is trying to parlay his previous experience into a chassis he hasn't even made one PASS with.

And estimating DJ #s based on HUB hp dynapack #s is just really out there.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:51 PM
SergEK

Oh boy...

You just love knocking your ignorant head up against a brick wall hoping for a different result huh?

Riddle me this roadster boy.....what would me making a pass in Z prove that all my other passes couldnt?

DA is DA....once you understand that your on the path to enlightenment...till then your a guy who doesnt know much about anything...dynos, DA or basic drag racing 101

AL said the dynapack reads HIGH....the numbers read about 5% higer because there are no wheels being spun....that 100lbs of weight...believe it or not, that may be a reason for higher numbers

Tell me what you have to do in the Z differently than a civic to make a pass as quick as possible

The Civic LOSES traction EASIER off the line as the car shifts weight AWAY from the drive wheels, you have to feather the clutch MORE to maintain traction and avoid wheel hop with a car that has LESS torque to get moving from a stop.

Feathering the Z from 2500rpm on my 285's is a snap....I'm sure with some VHT under me I would have to adjust but you make it sound like a stock Z is a mystical chassis that befuddles the avg joe from decent launches ....its such a laughable theory I just hope other fourms dont read this....I can see it now

M3 guys "Hey Joe, did you hear, apparently launching a stock Z takes a PhD in astrophysics"

If I can launch a fwd car at 8000rpm on the tires on rolled in on, I am sure I will be just fine launching on a prepped surface with the Z....and even if I muck the launch up I am pretty sure I can powershift from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th like I have already plenty of times....you know what powershifting is right? lol

Any trained money can make a pass in any car....its making the most of the car that takes practice....so unless your asking me to run a 12.9 in a stock Z I dont see what making a pass for a slip will prove?

I am just asking for folks to recognize higher elevation tracks and allow for those members to use an NHRA rule book elevation factor to be able to compare their times on the top 25 list.....of course all the seal level guys will protest but with more and more Z's the list either needs to get bigger or more accurate aka corrected both UP and DOWN

If a member makes the list with a corrected time ignorant members will no doubt complain...but if the NHRA recognizes I am sure our little corner of the world can concede to it....if even just pure elevation....it would be a step in the ACCURATE direction....absoloute DA would be the best but even if you just use 2700ft, 5800ft or wherever the track is....it will allow members from across the country to have a shot at making the list if they can drive decently as the current list is made up....

Last edited by SergEK; 11-08-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:57 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Oh boy...

You just love knocking your ignorant head up against a brick wall hoping for a different result huh?

Riddle me this roadster boy.....what would me making a pass in Z prove that all my other passes couldnt?

DA is DA....once you understand that your on the path to enlightenment...till then your a guy who doesnt know much about anything...dynos, DA or basic drag racing 101
When the f*ck have I EVER mentioned DA in any of the post I made to this thread (except for maybe my last post)??? Please enlighten me. You're stuck on stupid and just grasping at figments of your imagination.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 11-08-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:18 PM
SergEK

When the f*ck have I EVER mentioned DA in any of the post I made to this thread (except for maybe my last post)??? Please enlighten me. You're stuck on stupid and just grasping at figments of your imagination.
Your saying I cant say anything about DA because I havent made a pass in the Z right? Like Al was saying...

As if making a pass in the Z is the end all be all of drag racing lol

How many passes have you made at a sanctioned track in any car? Curious...I have more than I can remember but lets just say 150+ to be on the safe side but I am sure there all plenty more but thats besides the point...

Last edited by SergEK; 11-08-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:30 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Your saying I cant say anything about DA because I havent made a pass in the Z right? Like Al was saying...

As if making a pass in the Z is the end all be all of drag racing lol

How many passes have you made at a sanctioned track in any car? Curious...I have more than I can remember but lets just say 150+ to be on the safe side
Ok, I'm going to sleep ... does it really take you that long to type a few sentences or read a few sentences? I'm not sure how much further you can comprehend the point where I don't give a **** what you have to say about DA.

I NEVER ARGUED THAT DA DOESN'T MATTER.

How about we talk about Micro Electronic Wave Propagation and Theory. Since I'm a EE major (you probably have no idea what I'm typing about) I guess I'll try to add a diversion into the mix, like you've been doing for your past two or three posts

BTW ... I think I need to learn from davidv's posts and use one sentence responses. PLEASE POST YOUR TIMESLIP.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 11-08-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:22 AM
SergEK

Ok, I'm going to sleep ... does it really take you that long to type a few sentences or read a few sentences? I'm not sure how much further you can comprehend the point where I don't give a **** what you have to say about DA.

I NEVER ARGUED THAT DA DOESN'T MATTER.

How about we talk about Micro Electronic Wave Propagation and Theory. Since I'm a EE major (you probably have no idea what I'm typing about) I guess I'll try to add a diversion into the mix, like you've been doing for your past two or three posts

BTW ... I think I need to learn from davidv's posts and use one sentence responses. PLEASE POST YOUR TIMESLIP.
Why talk theory?

HOW MANY PASSES HAVE YOU EVER MADE?

You can keep tap dancing around the issue since we all can probably guess youve made ZERO passes

Thanks for playing....boy

Instead of just a time slip...how about I post you a link to a drag racing article

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...01/ai_n9182666

If its too much to click and read I will spare you and post these highlights

FIREBIRD RACEWAY, Boise, Idaho (Nov. 23) - Firebird Raceway crowned its 2002 champions at its 35th annual awards banquet, which was held at The Grove Hotel in downtown Boise, Idaho, and attracted a capacity turnout of enthusiasts.

Honored at the event were Fuller (Super Pro), Matt Jessel (Pro), Rose Shaw (Sportsman), Richard Pedraza (Pro Snow/Bike), Gregg Jorgensen (High School), Ty Bull (Alumni), Sean Shaffer (Jr. Dragster Lightning), Andy Stote (Jr. Dragster Thunder), Sergio Aguirre (Import), Melba Outlaws (Silver Club Cup), Stateline Racing (Bronze Club Cup), Hot Shots (Copper Club Cup), Borah High (AAA Series), and Middleton High (AA Series).

Thats me....not a theory

Electronic Engineering huh? By age 20 I was a certified Air Traffic Controller and By 22 I had graduated from the Defense Information School as a combat journalist....you wanna talk three dimensional time/space calculations and spatial relationships with real world weather with peoples lives in your hands?

Stick to books, I doubt youve ever had to keep anyone from dying, spare me your tap dancing show

You dont know what your talking about....end of story

Quick Reply: DRAG RACE FORUM: Listen up..