Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 AM
dmoffitt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and THIS is why I don't dragrace...
Old 11-09-2007, 04:48 AM
S8ER95Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Last time I checked this IS the drag section of my350Z.com. Why would we care if you ran a 16.7 in some other random car?
Or that you're a bracket class champion?

How about this: stop your yapping and produce a timeslip with a Z. It's pretty simple.
Guess I should leave...I don't have any experience since I don't drive your kind of Z.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:50 AM
S8ER95Z

Originally Posted by SergEK
Stick to books, I doubt youve ever had to keep anyone from dying, spare me your tap dancing show
NICE.

<- Asst. Medical Director for Albany Ambulance.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:53 AM
DomZ

I don't post much on the forum but if anyone is concerned with getting more out of their 5AT shoot me a PM. I promise I don't give crappy advice and there's more to dragging a 5AT than mashing the gas.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:29 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Why talk theory?

HOW MANY PASSES HAVE YOU EVER MADE?

You can keep tap dancing around the issue since we all can probably guess youve made ZERO passes

Thanks for playing....boy

Instead of just a time slip...how about I post you a link to a drag racing article

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...01/ai_n9182666

If its too much to click and read I will spare you and post these highlights

FIREBIRD RACEWAY, Boise, Idaho (Nov. 23) - Firebird Raceway crowned its 2002 champions at its 35th annual awards banquet, which was held at The Grove Hotel in downtown Boise, Idaho, and attracted a capacity turnout of enthusiasts.

Honored at the event were Fuller (Super Pro), Matt Jessel (Pro), Rose Shaw (Sportsman), Richard Pedraza (Pro Snow/Bike), Gregg Jorgensen (High School), Ty Bull (Alumni), Sean Shaffer (Jr. Dragster Lightning), Andy Stote (Jr. Dragster Thunder), Sergio Aguirre (Import), Melba Outlaws (Silver Club Cup), Stateline Racing (Bronze Club Cup), Hot Shots (Copper Club Cup), Borah High (AAA Series), and Middleton High (AA Series).

Thats me....not a theory

Electronic Engineering huh? By age 20 I was a certified Air Traffic Controller and By 22 I had graduated from the Defense Information School as a combat journalist....you wanna talk three dimensional time/space calculations and spatial relationships with real world weather with peoples lives in your hands?

Stick to books, I doubt youve ever had to keep anyone from dying, spare me your tap dancing show

You dont know what your talking about....end of story
I know why you won. The other racers were tired of arguing with you. They gave up and went home.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:11 AM
cj350

lol this thread is good
Old 11-09-2007, 07:16 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

As entertaining as this entire thread going OT was, I think it's time to stop.

- You guys can't argue that DA doesn't matter (this includes temperatures), no matter what you think or what you run.
- It also doesn't matter if you made a pass in a 350Z or not. Experience is experience.

All I want is for noob racers to quit regurgitating **** they read on the forums. I don't give much advice, as I still consider myself to be a drag race noob and don't think I have much to offer yet. And I actually have timeslips (for consistency) to show that I'm not as bad as half of those giving "advices."
Old 11-09-2007, 09:29 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

I just read this whole thread... Kinda funny!

See you guys at Z days
Old 11-09-2007, 05:31 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

No I said the list will always comprise of drivers at tracks with negative DA ---- not that the fastest runs will always be negative DA conditions just that those living at these tracks have an opportunity of the absoloute best conditions -1000 is a dream to people in Denver whereas its a reality at Englishtown every year

I here you bro, but if it makes you feel better My track is 111 ft ASL, and on that rainy day my DA was like 2900 plus.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:36 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Screw "DA"!

DA is just a lame excuse for $hity E.T's
Thats like me saying I ran a 11.6 with a DA of 2900, and my arm was sore, so really I should have run a 11.1 or maybe a 10.9..... Thats Ghey!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 05:38 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Sorry 4 the rant!
crazy night!!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:50 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Screw "DA"!

DA is just a lame excuse for $hity E.T's
Thats like me saying I ran a 11.6 with a DA of 2900, and my arm was sore, so really I should have run a 11.1 or maybe a 10.9..... Thats Ghey!!!
Except your runs would only be effected by a tenth or two because your boosted.....NOT NA....knowing is half the battle.....ignorance is even Gheyer (sp)??

Do some research, spread the word

Dave.....when your armed with facts the roadsterboys just fall off with a simple brush of my shoulders

That being said if I can finish moving in time I will hopefully be attending one of the upcoming private meets at Cali Speedway....its $100 but your guaranteed more than one run ---- the track is at least 2 hours away from me (moving to SD)...but at least then AL cant say I havent made a pass in the Z

Although Qualcom Stadium still might have their 1/8 mile setup.....have to check into that but its not a sanctioned strip.....

LACR = CLosed Terminal Island = CLosed

Cali Speedway = 2+ hours away and a 6hr full day may net 3 runs if that
So that private meet is my best shot at making some decent passes and testing the surface there.....dont think they prep too well though
Old 11-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ban Serg until he backs up his mouth with some Z timeslips The tracks I run at are 1+ hours away and everytime I go I have to swap tires, worry about towing it home, etc. If I can do it you lazy guys who dont run can do it also...
Old 11-12-2007, 06:21 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by Alberto
Ban Serg until he backs up his mouth with some Z timeslips The tracks I run at are 1+ hours away and everytime I go I have to swap tires, worry about towing it home, etc. If I can do it you lazy guys who dont run can do it also...
You have yet to answer WHY IT EVEN MATTERS whether I have made a pass in a Z or tons of other cars and how running in the Z changes anything (it doesnt)

DA is DA and the sooner you concede to using the NHRA factors for board members the better the list will reflect Z's ACROSS THE NATION and not just east coast tracks

The only sea level track SoCal guys have access to is 6-7 hours away....I'm sure you make trips like that all the time
Old 11-12-2007, 06:39 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Except your runs would only be effected by a tenth or two because your boosted.....NOT NA....knowing is half the battle.....ignorance is even Gheyer (sp)??

Do some research, spread the word

Dave.....when your armed with facts the roadsterboys just fall off with a simple brush of my shoulders

That being said if I can finish moving in time I will hopefully be attending one of the upcoming private meets at Cali Speedway....its $100 but your guaranteed more than one run ---- the track is at least 2 hours away from me (moving to SD)...but at least then AL cant say I havent made a pass in the Z

Although Qualcom Stadium still might have their 1/8 mile setup.....have to check into that but its not a sanctioned strip.....

LACR = CLosed Terminal Island = CLosed

Cali Speedway = 2+ hours away and a 6hr full day may net 3 runs if that
So that private meet is my best shot at making some decent passes and testing the surface there.....dont think they prep too well though
You can keep patting yourself on the back. Whatever allows you to sleep better at night. I stopped posting here because it had nothing to do with the original post.

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
As entertaining as this entire thread going OT was, I think it's time to stop.
What part of this did you not comprehend?

BTW ... for the Record I've made 30+ passes in my Z. So seriously STFU and keep your assumptions to yourself.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 11-12-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:53 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
I stopped posting here because it had nothing to do with the original post.

What part of this did you not comprehend?

BTW ... for the Record I've made 30+ passes in my Z. So seriously STFU and keep your assumptions to yourself.
Wow, a whole 30 passes?

And your trying to tell me something about drag racing....wow

Your the one who made ASSumptions of which you were wrong and now a little sore about But whatever....had a chance to google dynapack yet? lol

The main issue is using the NHRA correction factors to offer ALL members a chance at making the list and I was responding to AL and the other guy who was a little weak in the DA factor dept

I knew there would be plenty of ignorance when it came to elevation factors because many of you live/track your cars at sea level and the ignorant posts more than confirmed my theory

Good luck with books
Old 11-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

DA conversation is long over. You speak with such authority and havent had 1 pass in the Z now thats funny...if you continue to claim that I said DA/temp WONT affect you at all your a moron, and missed where I stated my point about 6X.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:02 PM
taurran

What's so hard to understand? Read your timeslip and that's what you run.

Anything else is just excuses.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

^^Thats the attitude. Serg and others just want excuses for other factors leading to crappy times-oh wait he hasnt run his car yet
Old 11-12-2007, 07:09 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by taurran
What's so hard to understand? Read your timeslip and that's what you run.

Anything else is just excuses.
This is exactly the response I am talking about

Tell my why my years drag racing dont matter AL....how does a run in the Z change that? You keep avoiding it because you know it doesnt

I am presenting FACTS

The main issue is using the NHRA correction factors to offer ALL members a chance at making the list

Care to comment on my statement in BOLD Or do NHRA rules not apply to Z drag racers?

Quick Reply: DRAG RACE FORUM: Listen up..