Question for HR owners with 4.08 gears - Page 2 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Go Back  MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion > General > Motorsports > Drag
Reload this Page >

Question for HR owners with 4.08 gears

Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Question for HR owners with 4.08 gears

Old 05-21-2012, 09:18 PM
*Boose*

Originally Posted by redline06 View Post
Lmao trust me I know "that aspect of drag racing" . So on your 3rd post in this thread you wrote how you ran 13.3 @ 104 with a 1.9 60 in 1327DA then proceeded to use a ***** enlarger to correct the DA to show a time of 13.1 @105 to make yourself feel better. Even if that little dream of yours was true you would have the same e.t as myself and Alberto did, myself with just a nismo s-tune exhaust untuned, Alberto with bolt ons. Also a 1mph slower trap than myself and 2mph slower than Alberto. I guess you have no idea how humid Florida is but I'm not gonna use a DA calculator to correct my times. I'm not looking for a stupid forum argument, in reality you're slower, your friend short shifts @7200 hence your first post which is why you beat him I guess. You're not gonna prove anything by showing us your YouTube videos , I have plenty and so does Alberto. You don't see us waving our dicks about them. Hope your first original question was answered so now you can move on. Come back when you actually run a 13.1 or better. not trying to be an a$$hole
Ok and? This is going no where. My friend and I sorted out his shifting, and if you actually watched the videos on my youtube, he was shifting higher. Where he should've been in the first place. You have better times then I do. Yes. So does Alberto. Yes. Both of you have higher traps then I do. Yes. But does that necessarily mean your car is faster than mine? No. Simply put, we did our runs at 3 different tracks on 3 totally different days. That's why I threw in the "if I ran at Atco tomorrow I could easily trap a 107" blah blah blah. But it's useless. You obviously show no interest in what I have to say with video proof. You have no proof of these excellent E46 M3 drivers so we'll just leave it at that. Like I said earlier youtube Tracked350Z and open those eyes a bit. When is the last time a Nismo 370Z trapped a 103? Have you ever seen it? Cause apparently that's what the run I ran "should" do since my 104 is better.

Here's a true ***** enlarger. After I get my exhaust, I'm guaranteed to hit 12's. 30 rwhp gain plus the airbox another 20. Total gains typically in the 40-45 rwhp range. Ridiculous.

Last edited by *Boose*; 05-21-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:32 PM
redline06

Trust me I wasted a good bit of my life watching your videos , they are horrid at best. This really isn't going anywhere so just leave it alone. 1320ft is 1320ft any 1/4mile u go to. I can't believe you just admitted we have faster times than you yet then said "but does that necessarily mean your car is faster than mine" . Uhhh YES would be the answer, last time I checked 13.1 is faster than 13.3 I also run 13.0 now bogging badly. I honestly won't waste anymore time on here lol like I said run a real 13.1 or whatever your magical calculator tells you then come back and tell us all about it if it makes you feel better. You can even go to that silly fake cheater track they call atco (sarcasm) . Have a good one dude, happy motoring.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:40 PM
*Boose*

Trust me I wasted a good bit of my life watching your videos , they are horrid at best. This really isn't going anywhere so just leave it alone. 1320ft is 1320ft any 1/4mile u go to. I can't believe you just admitted we have faster times than you yet then said "but does that necessarily mean your car is faster than mine" . Uhhh YES would be the answer, last time I checked 13.1 is faster than 13.3 I also run 13.0 now bogging badly. I honestly won't waste anymore time on here lol like I said run a real 13.1 or whatever your magical calculator tells you then come back and tell us all about it if it makes you feel better. You can even go to that silly fake cheater track they call atco (sarcasm) . Have a good one dude, happy motoring.
Lol, my videos are horrible? Haha oh please. Yea, I'm done here too. Glad you had a lot to say about that. That 103 mph Nismo 370Z sure got pulled pretty good. Must have been a horrible driver. Well he was banging those gears pretty good. So I take it your 350Z just walks Nismo 370Z's all day long?

Last edited by *Boose*; 05-21-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:05 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

LOL Redline is spot on. People with slow cars who complain about the DA or correct times is just silly to me. That DA isnt that bad either...

Any HR that isnt running 13.3 or faster STOCK IMO can not drive. Your boy with all those mods is not a good driver if hes running those times, regardless of what you think. The proof is in the pudding, not in "street kills."

The track is much different than the street. A car that traps 104mph can potentially run down a 107mph trap car with just a slight hit on the jump.....you should know that.

Keep in mind I have a lowly DE, if I had an HR with bolt-ons it would be terrible for most any NA E46. I dont doubt you could trap 106-107mph in your car in good weather, 110mph Id have to see it to believe it, non corrected of course. 104 vs 107mph is worlds apart at the track.

Last edited by Alberto; 05-22-2012 at 05:07 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:14 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by *Boose* View Post
Here's a true ***** enlarger. After I get my exhaust, I'm guaranteed to hit 12's. 30 rwhp gain plus the airbox another 20. Total gains typically in the 40-45 rwhp range. Ridiculous.
What? Are you seriously making these claims with 2 bolt ons, with an E46 M3?

And are you already assuming that more power = faster times?

You keep saying you want to run better DA's, better tracks, run in November then in November when you cant hook up what will be the excuse?

edit-just watched a few of your vids, I can take a nap in between your 3-4 shift lol
Old 05-22-2012, 08:35 AM
redline06

Old 05-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Local guy here has intakes and gears on his HR. [email protected] iirc.

Seen him trap 107mph in the dead of summer.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:27 AM
*Boose*

Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
What? Are you seriously making these claims with 2 bolt ons, with an E46 M3?

And are you already assuming that more power = faster times?

You keep saying you want to run better DA's, better tracks, run in November then in November when you cant hook up what will be the excuse?

edit-just watched a few of your vids, I can take a nap in between your 3-4 shift lol
These are not "claims". That is very typical. By Airbox I do not mean just an intake. Not by any means. Since the S54 has ITB's, the factory Airbox that flows air into the itb's is sufficient for the stock car. Upgrading to the CSL airbox, it's very realistic to see 20 rwhp gains throughout the rev range. Same goes for headers and removing the cats. That's an incredibly common mod known for 30 rwhp gains if the setup is done right.

My 3-4 shift is slow for a reason. I need to upgrade my engine mounts. If I shift too quickly the engine will flex causing a delay in power. So therefore, even with my "slow" 3-4 shift, while you're taking your nap you will still be losing. But the race will never happen. Since your car is far out of my league and I never intend for my M3 to ever have the power your car has. I'd be more than happy with some simple common bolt ons.

Many HR's have seen 109. Notice those same stock HR's trapping 108+ are still not trapping any higher or barely making their way into the 12's with the same trap speeds and bolt ons. Typically the HR's running the 12.9's @ 108-109 mph are doing so in good weather. Same goes for the 370Z's. Those 3-4 cars that ran 12's can not do it consistently without good weather. No claims, no speculations, that is all facts. The owners all agree as well.

Which brings me to my next point. You talked about the difference between a 104-107 car being small on the street. In some cases this will be true. However, if you watched my videos of me and the 370Z (and especially the 40 roll in particular) I made sure we had an even hit each race. I do not jump, I make sure every run is fair and just. In one of the videos I say it loud and clear, "I want a clean and even hit" and I got just that and still with my slow 3-4 shift was able to pull. Please tell me my 104 mph car is slower than a 107-109 mph (Going off of average trap speeds) Nismo 370Z.

I'm not here to start any bs. I was here to ask a question and I'm still here because quite frankly my wife still has a G35 and I continuously search for threads here. Not to mention I've owned 2 Z's which were fun cars at best, but worlds apart from my M3. That is my opinion.

Last edited by *Boose*; 05-22-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:35 AM
*Boose*

Local guy here has intakes and gears on his HR. [email protected] iirc.

Seen him trap 107mph in the dead of summer.
We've all seen it before. I don't doubt that it can happen. Hell, back when I owned my 350Z and 370Z I would argue for hours on what the HR's can run. I do not doubt what the cars are capable of. However, what I do doubt, is when someone claiming their mild bolt on HR is worlds faster than a mild bolt on E46 M3 with no proof. Many people doubt how quick my M3 is. But I show proof, and all I hear is excuses of how crappy the other driver is. But it is what it is. I know what took place and do my damn best to make sure I am able to provide a realistic review to those who want to listen. Whether you think my 3-4 shift is slow, or the Nismo driver sucks. It was from a roll, he was a good driver, flat shifting the hell out of his Z, and my car clearly has the edge. That's all I am saying.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

How can you say I would have lost to you NA? I have put up the times uncorrected years ago. All you are doing is speculating. You run slow times with mods. AFAIK the CSL model made no addition power....

Your vids are terrible every 30 seconds at the start should be edited out they put me to sleep.

Pretty funny you shift quick sometimes 2-3 on your vids but you can never 3-4 lol. You are full of excuses and assumptions, you are the kind of kid I love to dog out at the meets.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Flat shifting does nothing if you shift slow. You and your friend are avg at best.

You think you are awesome because you don't know any better.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:54 AM
*Boose*

And that's where I stop.

Last edited by *Boose*; 05-22-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

If you two were as good as you say you are you would be putting up the times instead of speculating on it.

You mention owning a 350 and 370Z. How many drag lists (sticky above) did you make in the time you owned those?
Old 05-22-2012, 11:00 AM
*Boose*

If you two were as good as you say you are you would be putting up the times instead of speculating on it.

You mention owning a 350 and 370Z. How many drag lists (sticky above) did you make in the time you owned those?
The 350Z only made it to the strip once. 13.9 @ 100 of a 2.1 60' was the best that night in negative DA. Had a pop charger. That's an average driver's time. the 370Z I only owned for a month and it never made it to the strip. How many drag strips have you ran at?
Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

I'd imagine you wouldn't make the top 10 of an E46 list either.

I don't believe your airbox and exhaust gains either as I know those cars aren't easy to get power out of but I could care less about what you do with your car.

I just don't get your "my M3 is faster than any NA Z" mentality. A well modded, well driven 370 has gone 12.3 NA. You won't ever touch that NA.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:05 AM
redline06

We've all seen it before. I don't doubt that it can happen. Hell, back when I owned my 350Z and 370Z I would argue for hours on what the HR's can run. I do not doubt what the cars are capable of. However, what I do doubt, is when someone claiming their mild bolt on HR is worlds faster than a mild bolt on E46 M3 with no proof. Many people doubt how quick my M3 is. But I show proof, and all I hear is excuses of how crappy the other driver is. But it is what it is. I know what took place and do my damn best to make sure I am able to provide a realistic review to those who want to listen. Whether you think my 3-4 shift is slow, or the Nismo driver sucks. It was from a roll, he was a good driver, flat shifting the hell out of his Z, and my car clearly has the edge. That's all I am saying.
the "proof" you're showing us is that you run a 13.3 @ 104 how do you not get that.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:14 AM
*Boose*

I'd imagine you wouldn't make the top 10 of an E46 list either.

I don't believe your airbox and exhaust gains either as I know those cars aren't easy to get power out of but I could care less about what you do with your car.

I just don't get your "my M3 is faster than any NA Z" mentality. A well modded, well driven 370 has gone 12.3 NA. You won't ever touch that NA.
There's been one 370Z to run anything near that and at those speeds. The next is a 12.5 and the one after that is a 12.7-12.8. Come on. You have no idea of how "easy" it is to get power out of the M3. Especially if you have no clue as to how much power upgrading to a CSL airbox gains or upgrading to a proper set of headers. I never said my M3 is faster than every Z. There is no my car is faster than everything mentality. It's one thing after another. I say my car is faster than his from a roll. You two are like f that no it's not blah blah. I beat M3's all the time blah blah. 12.3's NA 370Z blah blah. What have the 350Z's run? 12.8 at best with full bolt ons? really? According to your math though, a stock SMG M3 has ran a 12.8 @ 108. So that makes the M3 blistering fast right? According to you though, nah M3's are weak man. You beat the cars you beat. Whether it be driver, car, or whatever else. I beat the cars I beat legitamtely fair and square and show proof. Regardless of how crappy the Iphone video is. The proof is there. No ricer math calculations, no gimmicks, no oh he had a passenger and I didn't. None of that. Equal drivers, equal weight, etc etc. And I'm fabbing up the lies?

the "proof" you're showing us is that you run a 13.3 @ 104 how do you not get that.
Well then my 13.3 @ 104 M3 is faster than a stock Nismo 370Z from a roll then. Eiminate the driver, I run from rolls for a reason. I do this for fun and have a great time with it. One day redline I will see you on the road and we will have some fun.

Last edited by *Boose*; 05-22-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

You fail to realize that your friend cannot drive. His time confirms it. You beat your friend. Good. Doesnt mean you could beat a legit driver; even from a roll.

If you are ever in MD with your beastly M3, let me know. I'll easily fin someone to let me use their HR or 370 to milk you and show you how you shouldn't beat those cars from a roll.

Nothing else to say to you, you are obviously blinded by your lack of experience. Your comment on running from a roll eliminates the driver is naive as hell. I have two vids where I rape another Z then we switch and I make up a 5-6 car difference. Yeah, that guy thought he could drive too....
Old 05-22-2012, 11:33 AM
*Boose*

You fail to realize that your friend cannot drive. His time confirms it. You beat your friend. Good. Doesnt mean you could beat a legit driver; even from a roll.

If you are ever in MD with your beastly M3, let me know. I'll easily fin someone to let me use their HR or 370 to milk you and show you how you shouldn't beat those cars from a roll.

Nothing else to say to you, you are obviously blinded by your lack of experience. Your comment on running from a roll eliminates the driver is naive as hell. I have two vids where I rape another Z then we switch and I make up a 5-6 car difference. Yeah, that guy thought he could drive too....
Pm me the video. and I will gladly take you up on that offer. Next week wanna set something up? Just a friendly run. I will be heading up to NJ on friday and wouldn't mind stopping in for some good runs. 40 roll?

Last edited by *Boose*; 05-22-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

I'm not PMing anything. I went and looked at your vids if you want go look it up yourself. Also you realize NJ is 3+hrs away? Lol

You obviously rag your car yet it's needs parts fixed (according to you) why don't you grow up and take care of it before worrying about what a stranger on the Internet thinks? How old are you?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question for HR owners with 4.08 gears

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: