Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

California Speedway Drag Day

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 10:54 AM
ZRAYGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Speedway Drag Day

Did anyone go to the california speedway drag day yesterday? That was my first drag race and let me just say that it was off the hook. I will be uploading some film lateron, but there was a race that i missed. The race was between a 300zxtt and a supercharged chevy monte carlo. Let me tell you the Chevy sounded so sweet and i was thinking that it would be no contest due to the fact that it was a chevy going up against a nissan. Also since the last race between a nissan 300zxtt and a viper went the way i expected (Viper won by about 10 car lengths...I have that on film). The guy in the 300zxtt (per the guy in the viper) was talking a gang of **** and they had a grudge match going. The guy in the z felt that his friend with the viper did not know how to drive it. I told the guy with the z, all he has to do is step on the pedal...but nooooo...the guy with the z says that he will beat him. Well you all know how the race ended. But like I was saying, The Black 300zxtt and the chevy. What a race!!! Let me just spare you the details and say that the z won by about 6-7 car lengths. It ran 1/4 mile at 122mph and did it in the low 12's. If anyone was there and had more video can you please up load that film. That was by far the suprise of the race besides the Galant beating the 65 Chevy truck (if you have this film please upload that one also).
Old 02-08-2004, 01:42 PM
SnoopyZ

Default Re: California Speedway Drag Day

Hey Ray...

That was my first time @ Fontana as well. It was really fun watching all those cars race. Too bad there weren't any 350's or G35's though. Did you take off when I went back to my car? Cuz we came back and we couldn't find you. I hope you got to see that Supra run. Damn... and the 300ZXTT running 11.7 with stock turbos!!! (19psi though =/ ). Let me know if you are going to the next one, cuz I think my friend and I are gonna do a lil 350 vs g35c action. Our cars will look SOOO slow in comparison with those other cars though.

Anyone else go to the event?
Old 02-08-2004, 03:53 PM
ZRAYGO

Default Re: Re: California Speedway Drag Day

Originally posted by SnoopyZ
Hey Ray...

That was my first time @ Fontana as well. It was really fun watching all those cars race. Too bad there weren't any 350's or G35's though. Did you take off when I went back to my car? Cuz we came back and we couldn't find you. I hope you got to see that Supra run. Damn... and the 300ZXTT running 11.7 with stock turbos!!! (19psi though =/ ). Let me know if you are going to the next one, cuz I think my friend and I are gonna do a lil 350 vs g35c action. Our cars will look SOOO slow in comparison with those other cars though.

Anyone else go to the event?
I did not get to see the Supra run.....was it fast? I left after the 11.7 #00zx ran. That thing was fast. But I would have liked to see it against the Galant. Maybe we can get a grudge match against either your z and mine or my z against your friends g35. when is the next one?