Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

~Z Drifters in Florida~

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 04:51 AM
Three5oZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No doubt man!

Im glad you got the hang of it... I know I somewhat suck... but I learn quickly!... My fault is a the transitions from right to left or vise versa... I can never remember if its break, clutch, turn, then gas, or clutch, break, turn an gas...

One thing is for sure, I can take a turn and hold it sideways.. but, only to straighten it out after that... not good enough to consistently bring it the opposite way for another slide.

Not many are willing to drift a Z. I have stripped out my interior for the most part... full roll cage. I plan on showing at the Orlando HIN this July. If your down, you should roll out. Ill keep u posted!
Old 06-05-2007, 07:01 AM
nicolaycastro

Originally Posted by Three5oZee
No doubt man!

Im glad you got the hang of it... I know I somewhat suck... but I learn quickly!... My fault is a the transitions from right to left or vise versa... I can never remember if its break, clutch, turn, then gas, or clutch, break, turn an gas...

One thing is for sure, I can take a turn and hold it sideways.. but, only to straighten it out after that... not good enough to consistently bring it the opposite way for another slide.

Not many are willing to drift a Z. I have stripped out my interior for the most part... full roll cage. I plan on showing at the Orlando HIN this July. If your down, you should roll out. Ill keep u posted!
I know what you mean, I just learned how to clutch kick which makes for easier transitions. In the first skid pad setup the drifts where shorter, whcih makes for easier drifts in different directions. In the second setup for the bigger first drift, I could hold the drift but had to straighten as well, if not I would end up understeeting badly.

I'll think about going to HIN, but hopefully there is another drifting event before then.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:27 PM
aj_350z

Hey guys aj from performance factory here and we are starting to get into drifting up here at the shop. we will be going out to orlando speed world this coming sunday. its open to anyone and not many show so they have been thinking about shutting the drifting down but we are trying to keep it alive!!
Old 06-13-2007, 06:10 AM
Three5oZee

I would love to go but Sunday is fathers day no?... We have been working on building the drift scene down here. Lookks like Moroso race track likes the turn out for drifting so they are working to schedule more events there along with the bigger events, ie nopi events and so on....

I dont know what advice to give other than just getting everyone to come out and support!
Old 06-13-2007, 06:16 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by aj_350z
Hey guys aj from performance factory here and we are starting to get into drifting up here at the shop. we will be going out to orlando speed world this coming sunday. its open to anyone and not many show so they have been thinking about shutting the drifting down but we are trying to keep it alive!!
I'll be down for that once my car is running. I just need to find a place to get a steady supply of 16" tires for my 300zxtt rears. I know XAT Racing sells them but then I wouldnt have a way to transport them to Orlando.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:31 AM
rhythmnsmoke

I will be down in FL come July 20-29th (Ocala, St. Pete area). Unfortunately without my Z. Needs a Clutch/Flywheel in her. But if you guys establish a place to practice, I wouldn't mind stopping by to check it out.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:10 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

are there any drifting schools out there. I'd love to abuse some "school" cars, instead of my G......at least while learning......

something like a SKib Barber school of sideways driving.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Three5oZee

Originally Posted by QuadCam
are there any drifting schools out there. I'd love to abuse some "school" cars, instead of my G......at least while learning......

something like a SKib Barber school of sideways driving.
LOL... naa, even those who teach dont allow you to drive anything other than your own car that you plan to drift in. You can take a class learning one car, and jump into another an totally screw up... you'll have the right idea, but in the wrong car. ...kinda like a chemistry type thing that has to have an equation with every car that fits!

Some people give lessons... just have to inquire a little more. someone will speak up!.. i would teach you but, i am nothing in the league of an instructor lol....
Old 06-24-2007, 05:29 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How are Tertech's events setup? Are they professionally run and organized, or do you have a bunch a "YaHoos" all over the place. Are the practice sessions setup for individual runs or do you have a few people out there all drifting together?

BTW, do you have a better phone number than the one on the TerTEch website? that one just goes straight into a voice mail every time I call.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Three5oZee

Hey, im glad you inquired. I have been looking for more serious Z drivers to work with. Im ofcorse learning as well, but im not too bad.

Ter Tech... excellent staff. Very professional when it comes to running an event with plenty of staff to assist others and great organizational skills when it comes to setting drivers class based on seat time experience and abilities.

The practice events are thorough and allow each driver the chance to have an individual run through the track to learn your vehicle the best that you can. ..an um allow you to burn as much tire as you can afford lol

PM me for my cell!