Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

I start drifting in 2 weeks...advice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 05:27 PM
shinkuu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hulk is my childhood hero. haha. i stopped watching wrestling when he left. i remember they ran a nickelodean special on hulk as a fat kid that worked really hard to get in shape. i liked the show cause it seems like he's a genuine person who cares about his family and the fame doesn't get to his head. but then again its a show and we don't get to see the whole picture.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:43 PM
nick hogan

Originally Posted by CRIDDA
Nick, if this is really you, I hope you have learned a life lesson, Dont do this **** in the streets, you could kill innocent people for your pleasure. To the op, I wish you well in your new endevor(sp) and hope that you keep it on the track and not the streets.
thank you...BUT there one problem with what you said and its understandable.

the supra hydroplaned which there is absolutely no control over. i know a few people who ive spoken to who have had their supras hydroplane on them. all of us were astonished at how similar it happened. i do not race on public streets nor do i "race" professionally.....i drift professionally but do not on streets. a drunk woman 50 cars back speculated i was racing bc i was in a hopped up supra driving with a friend in a viper. and the media has royally ****ed me and turned it into a big lie. im pretty sick of hearing people lecture me about street racing when thats not even the closest thing to what was going on.

thank you for your concern tho
Old 09-13-2007, 06:27 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by Zilvia
well chris foresburg use to be on here as well way back in the day
Chris still posts occasionally, hes just too busy kicking *** at formula D this year to be online.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:02 PM
zMOSESz

If that really is Nick Hogan, whats up Bro? +1 on needing some good photo proof though.

And to the purpose of this thread.

2-way lsd
Coilovers(spend the money on some good ones)
upgrade arms, rods, and sways with all ajustable.
18's with some "new cheap" tires.

finally throttle control, lots a patience and practice. and listen to others advice.

btw Good Luck!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:00 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nick hogan

the supra hydroplaned which there is absolutely no control over. i know a few people who ive spoken to who have had their supras hydroplane on them. all of us were astonished at how similar it happened. i do not race on public streets nor do i "race" professionally.....i drift professionally but do not on streets. a drunk woman 50 cars back speculated i was racing bc i was in a hopped up supra driving with a friend in a viper. and the media has royally ****ed me and turned it into a big lie. im pretty sick of hearing people lecture me about street racing when thats not even the closest thing to what was going on.

I know all about hydoplaning(happened to me a few times) and if that is what happened then I appologize for my comments. I know you are a young guy and with a car with that much power and what the media has potrayed, one can only speculate what happened(and what we have been fed through the media). Im not here to lecture you(Im sure your pops has done that plenty), I wish you well in your adventures in drifting and welcome to the board.

By the way can you snap a photo of you holding up a My350z sign, so you can make everyone here happy that this is not just a wannabe.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:57 AM
DustinZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
Chris still posts occasionally, hes just too busy kicking *** at formula D this year to be online.
+1 woohoo!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:19 PM
VQZ33_Jake

Originally Posted by CRIDDA
I know all about hydoplaning(happened to me a few times) and if that is what happened then I appologize for my comments. I know you are a young guy and with a car with that much power and what the media has potrayed, one can only speculate what happened(and what we have been fed through the media). Im not here to lecture you(Im sure your pops has done that plenty), I wish you well in your adventures in drifting and welcome to the board.

By the way can you snap a photo of you holding up a My350z sign, so you can make everyone here happy that this is not just a wannabe.
i didn't even know he had a Z. i thought he was a viper boy. didn't he run with Sam hubinett's viper when he was trying out for the D1GP??
the photo would be cool to.
i watch the Hogan's show, its pretty dope.

Jake
Old 09-14-2007, 08:34 PM
LouiZ

i love the hulk! he was my favorite wrestler back in the days! +1 on the my350z sign...i dont buy it either "yet"
Old 09-14-2007, 08:42 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1.Get use to drifting your Z
2.Suspension,LSD and get use to drifting yourZ

Nick Hogan it's good that you are okay after your accident. Sorry that the Supra didn't fair well.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:53 PM
350Zimo

Wow, we have celebrity here. Kinda makes me feel good, because, Nick Hogan has the same car as i do 350Z. Hey, post more pics on the Z, and your other toys you've got, and What happened to the supra, did the cops confiscate it?
Old 09-14-2007, 09:43 PM
KaZ_7

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
The a doesn't NEED anything but in my op
Musts
Front tie rods
2 way clutch LSD
ive done20+ drift events and put 60k miles on my daily driven/commuter Z
That being said heres other things id recommend:
GOOD coilovers, cheap **** is inconsistent
i use 16front/14kg rear zeals
replace all your arms and stuffI use cusco sways and battle version arms, tanabe sways are stock-like and american ones made the car understeer too much
response mods, you dont need tt until your competing in fd
ive got full exhaust(including test pipes) a plenum spacer and ecu flash
stock clutch is fine Im still on my first despite 70+mph clutch kicks all the time.
The e-brake is a joke on the Z, but you dont need it unless your tandeming
that's my setup: in the year since i dialed it in every pro that's driven my car loves it and how easy it is

Dont buy cheap **** it doesn't work well and breaks too easy, Im on my phone and tired of typing I'll add a little more later
To he OP listen to this guy TT is the absolute last thing u should do. Whats the point of having *** loads of power and no control? unless ur going FD
Old 09-15-2007, 07:01 AM
daytona350z

Originally Posted by VQZ33_Jake
i didn't even know he had a Z. i thought he was a viper boy. didn't he run with Sam hubinett's viper when he was trying out for the D1GP??
the viper was fubar a couple times...sometimes 2-3times in one day....
Old 09-16-2007, 08:55 PM
VQZ33_Jake

Fubar????? sorry dude, im kinda tired. (fu-bar?) is that how u pronounce it?
LMAO..sorry
Old 09-16-2007, 09:20 PM
daytona350z

Originally Posted by VQZ33_Jake
Fubar????? sorry dude, im kinda tired. (fu-bar?) is that how u pronounce it?
LMAO..sorry
humm, ever see saving private ryan?
if not:
F_ucked
U_p
B-eyond
A_ll
R_econition
Old 09-17-2007, 02:13 PM
VQZ33_Jake

LMAO no i havent..yea i saw the episode when he was trying out and he hit a few walls, felt bad for hubinett for sure. when i watched it, it made me feel like i could go try out for formula drift. haha. what ever though im sure he got better since than, he did go to the bob bondurant school of driving so he shouldn't be that bad.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Topics II

Originally Posted by Zilvia
well chris foresburg use to be on here as well way back in the day
its forsberg... but anyways, i tell everyone the same thing...

diff
seat
coilovers

in that order always.

and yes that is Nick Hogan, he has been driving a 350z since late summer and is doing much better with this platform. The only thing i would not agree with nick is the handbrake mod. Lots of drivers use the hydraulic handbrake and it works well in most setups, but I would suggest getting Project Mu shoes for the rear drums and properly adjusting the engagement. Thats what I use and its very effective, cheap, and still allows the footpedal to operate seperate from the handbrake. Getting a hydraulic handbrake to work properly is harder than you would think.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:55 PM
nick hogan

good point, seems like the way to do if you dont want to bother with a hydro system.

i tend to like the hydro system bc i have just become so used to it and was able to figure out a way to make it work terrific and keep abs
Old 09-18-2007, 06:21 PM
craigo'sznprgrs

I don't know man, the supra looked pretty bad. I would imagine without hesitation, there was a lot of speed involved.

Also, everyone, and I do mean everyone, has raced on the street at some point or another. Anyway, a little speculation on your true identity from me, but I do hope you and the other guy (John) are on the way to a full recovery. The supra was absolutely destroyed.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:31 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by Topics II
its forsberg... but anyways, i tell everyone the same thing...

diff
seat
coilovers

in that order always.

and yes that is Nick Hogan, he has been driving a 350z since late summer and is doing much better with this platform. The only thing i would not agree with nick is the handbrake mod. Lots of drivers use the hydraulic handbrake and it works well in most setups, but I would suggest getting Project Mu shoes for the rear drums and properly adjusting the engagement. Thats what I use and its very effective, cheap, and still allows the footpedal to operate seperate from the handbrake. Getting a hydraulic handbrake to work properly is harder than you would think.
So this is Chris Forsberg speaking? Wow... 2 celebrities in one thread!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Topics II

Originally Posted by bb1314
So this is Chris Forsberg speaking?
Yes it is...

Originally Posted by bb1314
Wow... 2 celebrities in one thread!
Haha, I dont know about that part...Nick, is your dad in this thread too or something?

Quick Reply: I start drifting in 2 weeks...advice?