Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

Project Mu e-brake shoes - GRIPPY AS F%#&!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Lawn Dart

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

These e-brake shoes do work. I've used them for multiple Club Loose events I'll never forget the look on Matt Petty's face when he drove my car and the tires actually locked up. They have to be adjusted properly. If you think you can drift without an e-brake, then you have no idea what you're talking about. Doing donuts in a parking lot or power slides through a stop light is not drifting. Every pro drift car has an e-brake and if you watch in car footage, they use it constantly.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:53 PM
o.g.darkdrifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree about needing an ebrake for drifting, which is why I just went ahead and made the sacrifice of installing a hydro.

I adjusted my shoes at each side as well as inside the car and it only lasted about two events and a couple of street initiations. After that they were done. But everyone is different. I prefer an extremely aggressive ebrake where as some are perfectly fine with only being able to lock up the rear with a little weight transfer. It's up to the individual to get the experience they need in order to make the decision for themselves. It's just my opinion that these were a waste of my money.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Lawn Dart

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They do wear down. I keep a 10mm nut driver in the car for the nut under the coin holder. Also, during rear tire changes, I take the two extra minutes to rotate the rotor to the correct position and readjust them. I really don't feel like it's that big of a hassle.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:21 AM
theianmcdougall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawn Dart
Do you actually have one?
yes in my 240

ive been drifting z's since 2008
im not saying the brake pad shoes dont help, but depending on how much you want to get into drifting, hydro is the way to go

Last edited by theianmcdougall; 07-27-2011 at 08:23 AM.