Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

The Ask Chris Forsberg Something Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:21 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikedbz
Offtopic - but I finally saw the different flavors of NOS at a BP/AM-PM station on Ogden & 294. They wanted $3.49 per bottle, so needless to say I didn't buy that ish'.
You're never going to become a pro drifter with that attitude.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:59 AM
JDM JUNKIE

Can I buy a set of your spares? Hahaha.... no really can I? Let me know, do you have any pics of your suspension compents you made in house?

Originally Posted by Topics II
Kevin and I designed a new lower control arm that swaps in place of the factory dual lowers. it allows for much more clearance, and then we moved the steering pickup point to get over 50 degrees of angle. It works really well, but there is almost nothing out on the market right now that can give you that kind of angle.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:15 PM
USED

This may be a bit redundant, but here goes...

You answered the question about final drive ratio's that you use. What do you recommend for non-competitive parking lot/skid pad/short track (horse thief, etc) in a N/A 350Z? I plan on doing some track days with the car too.

I have the TEIN super drifts and I'm installing an OS super lock diff next week (1.5 way for now), and if I'm gonna be in there, I'll do the F/D at the same time...if I should, right?

If I'm not mistaken, stock 6MT F/D is 3.5. People rave so much about 3.7 and the 3.9.

It's not a street driven car.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are also 4.1s out there I think.

(and yeah, 3.5 is stock manual, 3.3 is auto.)
Old 03-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

What up Black guy? Good to see you on here. NOS energy is the best guys, you should all go buy some and tell the guy at the counter that you are buying it cause you spoke to Chris Forsberg on my350z
Old 03-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Topics II

Originally Posted by USED
This may be a bit redundant, but here goes...

You answered the question about final drive ratio's that you use. What do you recommend for non-competitive parking lot/skid pad/short track (horse thief, etc) in a N/A 350Z? I plan on doing some track days with the car too.

I have the TEIN super drifts and I'm installing an OS super lock diff next week (1.5 way for now), and if I'm gonna be in there, I'll do the F/D at the same time...if I should, right?

If I'm not mistaken, stock 6MT F/D is 3.5. People rave so much about 3.7 and the 3.9.

It's not a street driven car.

Thanks!
If its non-competitive parkling lot stuff, then I recommend running your stock gear. There are much better ways to spend your money and the 3.5 works just fine. Changing rear gears is a "fine" tuning tool for different tracks.

MOST IMPORTANT FIRST STEPS in building a drift car

DIFF
COILOVERS
BUCKET SEAT

in that order.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:32 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
What up Black guy? Good to see you on here. NOS energy is the best guys, you should all go buy some and tell the guy at the counter that you are buying it cause you spoke to Chris Forsberg on my350z
Whats goood homie? Good to see you're still around too. Hope you're liking it up there with AAM, holla at me via PM or aim sometime.

P.S. Forsberg is a god among gods with a trident made from old NOS enegry drink cans.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:55 AM
J_Dizzle
southcentral>me

What brand and weight gear oil do you recommend with a Cusco LSD?
Old 03-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

He actually doesnt use oil in his diff. He pours ten cans of NOS energy drink in there.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:21 PM
USED

If its non-competitive parkling lot stuff, then I recommend running your stock gear. There are much better ways to spend your money and the 3.5 works just fine. Changing rear gears is a "fine" tuning tool for different tracks.
Thanks!

MOST IMPORTANT FIRST STEPS in building a drift car

DIFF
COILOVERS
BUCKET SEAT

in that order.
True that!
Old 03-26-2009, 02:55 PM
J_Dizzle
southcentral>me

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
He actually doesnt use oil in his diff. He pours ten cans of NOS energy drink in there.
i'm more of a monster energy drink guy myself
Old 03-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Topics II

Originally Posted by J_Dizzle
What brand and weight gear oil do you recommend with a Cusco LSD?
Yeah, 10 cans of NOS didnt seem to last very long... so we went back to gear oil.

there are tons of different oil brands, any non-synthetic 85-140 will work good. you might not even need it to be that thick since it wont be loaded as hard and for as long as our comp car.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:06 PM
J_Dizzle
southcentral>me

Yeah, 10 cans of NOS didnt seem to last very long... so we went back to gear oil.

there are tons of different oil brands, any non-synthetic 85-140 will work good. you might not even need it to be that thick since it wont be loaded as hard and for as long as our comp car.
thanks for the tip. like you said i'll doubt i'll need that thick though ha
Old 04-04-2009, 08:36 AM
AZ350Z

Chris, any pics or info you can share on your cage? I am re-doing the door bars on mine and would like to see what you are running.

Thanks.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:14 AM
specialized5223

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been looking for a new set of coilovers. What di you think is a good spring rate to run with?

I have a stripped twin turbo z roadster.

Thanks
Old 04-05-2009, 04:43 AM
Volk350

yo chris first of all i saw you for the first time at HIN anaheim, and i gotta say, your insane, my brother now worships you haha but anyway got any parts you want to get rid of? or maybe im sure you have an extreme hook up on turbo kits? cuz man i wanna go turbo so bad....but cant pay a but load right now....or maybe you just happen to have a boost kit laying around or some mods laying around you wanna get rid of? man that would be aweome....PM me if you do, me and my bro are a couple aspiring drifters, i have a Z and my bro is looking to buy a drift car...i crashed my car drifting and now im pretty broke....got any suggestions on my budget?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:15 AM
jwttz

Chris,
What's you opinion on john and his work, the headers and exhaust on your vk56 set up. Thinking about getting some work done by him for my z and was looking for an out side prospective on his work.
THanks in advance
Old 04-22-2009, 08:11 AM
ZRuggernDC

Chris,

How's it coming with the "Mo Powa" mods you all are doing to the car.
Upcoming events in the area: Hyperfest 2009 is gonna be off the chain!!
We have been doing alot of drifting this season out at Summit Point Raceway. Seems to be a pretty cool venue.

So, am finally hitting the drifting pretty hard. Everything came together this weekend. Got a lot of "atta boys". Having some issues on my entry though man. Its frustrating me.
Do you have any pointers or tips that you would suggest? How about you just come to Drift Nirvana one day and show me how its supposed to be done? :-) Burgers and dogs on me!!
Old 04-26-2009, 03:34 PM
philosophy

Is the sr-powered Z still around? Whats your thoughts now that you're on to a whole new end of the spectrum compared to drifting the sr-20 Z? Weight differences? Do you think the lighter z could be competitive on a road course with the lower displacement/weight of the Z? Thanks homie.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:41 AM
Lawn Dart

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Chris, not only does my engine overheat with non-stop road course drifting, but my differential and brakes (especially the e-brake shoes) also take some pretty heavy abuse. What can I do to improve cooling? Also, how are things like the wheel bearings holding up? Are there any parts that you pay extra attention to during routine maintenance? Finally, I would like to ask you guys from Drift Alliance to do us amatuer guys a favor. I drift at Club Loose, and we could really use a discount on tires. Could you please work out a group tire sponsorship for the some of the small drift clubs?

Quick Reply: The Ask Chris Forsberg Something Thread