Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

D2 Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 03:58 PM
MetallicZDriVer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D2 Coilovers?

does anyone drift with D2 racing coilovers? any suggestions.. should i get them or not..
Old 04-26-2010, 07:55 AM
JmNismo

I'm rocking them and i "drift" (still learning) and i really like them lol !
Old 04-28-2010, 10:47 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Ive got them as well - they hold up...SOLID..Ive got no complaints.

I AUTO-X and Drift my car btw..
Old 04-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I love my D2 setup. It took them some time to get my replacement coilover sent out (one had a defect when it came in) but other than that I have no complaints. They do make some noise but overall it is a great setup. The car handles like its on rails, there is no body lean or roll. And the ride is very complaint, no harshness or boucnyness. For a drift setup I think they would work well because they are very adjustable.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:53 PM
zerosec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kw ftw
Old 05-01-2010, 06:30 PM
MPD47

Why would you waste your money on D2's?
Old 05-08-2010, 08:20 AM
MetallicZDriVer

Originally Posted by MPD47
Why would you waste your money on D2's?
because i am getting a good deal on them Brand NEW..and from the looks of it 3 ppl out of 5 say'd their good. What you suggest i should get...
Old 05-08-2010, 11:44 AM
MPD47

Depends on usage, KW's are a good buy.

I run revalved Koni 2812's but my car is track only.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:52 PM
MetallicZDriVer

Ok Forget the D2's what would be the best Spring rate most common Z spring rate are 10K F 8K R i am think you need a pretty high spring rate because of the heavyness of my roadster i was looking foward to stance GR+Pro SSD (16k F 14K R) or Megan Racing Track (14K F 12K R) coilovers..any suggestions..
Old 06-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Megamarine

Anyone know if Sustec's are good?
Old 06-09-2010, 07:25 PM
fiveninerzero

get the d2s if they are cheap...otherwise lots of other choices out there.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:06 AM
AlexAZD

I have Ksport control pros on my car and I love them. I haven't had any issues to complain about. Very well priced. I got mine from IntensePower. Pete got them quick for me.

I also wrote a review a while back regarding the coilovers. I still stand by the review.

Positive Feedback and Review for Kontrol Pro Coilovers
Every driver knows they need parts… but what parts do you buy? AZDriven will test and review many products to give you some ideas of what is best for you to try.

Suspension

Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Twin Turbo
AutoSport Application: Drift

Product Owned/Reviewed:
KSport Kontrol Pro Damper System
Purchased: October 2009

Pro’s:
Cosmetically beautiful
Quick and easy installation
Easy to adjust height
Percise dampening adjustment

Con’s:
Rear Dampening difficult to set while on car
No Rear Adjustment Extensions

Review:
What do you do when you start drifting and want to take it to the next level? You check your suspension, varying the proper height, dampening and angles. Going from OEM suspension to Coilover’s is a great upgrade. Going from blown suspension to KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers was indescribable, not only was the car able to be controlled, the system was predictable to say the least. The ability to control the spring tension is great, being able to decide the rebound is helpful in many ways. KSport, being a local company in Arizona is reassuring for many reasons; seeing KSport personnel at local events shows the support KSport has for local drivers and drifting overall. Knowing any question you may have is very important; especially for novice drivers is also an important question for KSport.
KSport came highly recommended from many local companies. Spending time in Japan I got a chance to experience products first hand and was very closed minded and only wanted Japan-Direct products. I trust those who referred me to KSport. The question was simple, I wanted a suspension setup that could provide rear camber and toe adjustment with a system better than a rear midlink and bolt, very precise changes in the front camber and caster seeing that the G35 has independent suspension this cannot be done by top end adjustments. The influence to purchase KSport is the supporting products that are also offered by the company. Although adjusting dampening on the rear coilovers can be a pain; having a rear adjustment extension would be great or simply upgrading to the GT Pro’s can solve the issue for quick rear end adjustments, the GT Pro’s are not available for Z33/V35 Chasis. As a beginner, the KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers is the best way to understand how a car operates and to determine how serious a person wants to get in Drifting or any automotive sport.

Overall Decision:
I would highly recommend KSport products to any person and often suggest contacting vendors to ask questions. I have encouraged people to ride in car now who rode in it with the blown suspension. I would recommend KSport to any level of Driver because KSport is local and quick to answer any question regarding their products. Looking at different companies, being not “just another customer” is important, follow-up on product questions by the KSport staff is very reassuring. Being a “brand freak” I need a company who makes as many products as possible regarding different components of a car, the KSport Kontrol Pro’s are a great addition and left me looking to purchase more top quality product.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:22 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Having ridden in AcidJake75's car.........i would say D2's is definitely not a bad choice at all..

My review of Ksport is here too:
https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...ic-thread.html

But more so, i must say, the biggest thing I have found owning true coilover style coilovers such as D2's/Ksports, etc is ADJUSTABILITY is quick and easy...

me being a Drift and AutoX guy, I find myself adjusting my coil overs and doing so from ONE point (true) only versus OEM style coil overs is much easier...

PLUS! Im able to now eliminate the spring bucket and use adjustable TOE arms with lock out washers and eliminate the shitting SPC toe bolts that slip and dont hold toe/alignment spec.....

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 07-13-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:28 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Read up on the 3 degree toe bolt failures here:
https://my350z.com/forum/8293599-post19.html

Replacing them with lock out washers here:
https://my350z.com/forum/8293615-post20.html

and due to replacement, toe adjustment via toe arms here:
https://my350z.com/forum/8293628-post21.html

When it comes to you drifting your car.........aspects like these become way more benefiting....

-J
Old 07-13-2010, 06:51 AM
AlexAZD

Great information Jason. I am changing out to SPL Toe arms. Someone sold me the bolts a while back and they are just garbage. As soon as it comes in I'm using the Baller Bolts cam and toe bold eliminator kits. They are titanium washers that eliminate any adjustment underload. You can find it here http://ballerbolts.com/sucamboelkit1.html

My car is so low that I can't full adustment. And as we adjust camber it's moving the toe. I also just got KSport Upper A-Arms that I will be installing when the toe arms come in. Btw you might be able to use the stock brake line brackets on the coilovers. I love mine so I haven't tried. If you get a chance to try it out, please let us know.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:54 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by azV35
Great information Jason. I am changing out to SPL Toe arms. Someone sold me the bolts a while back and they are just garbage. As soon as it comes in I'm using the Baller Bolts cam and toe bold eliminator kits. They are titanium washers that eliminate any adjustment underload. You can find it here http://ballerbolts.com/sucamboelkit1.html
oh man, i don't know about a circular lock out....in general it would work as its just friction and clamp up.. but i would rather suggest SPL's lock out washers over that any day.....

see the tabs on the aluminum sub frame are raised punches and are honestly quite soft.......i would prefer square lockouts over circle..

http://splparts.com/store/product-info.php?pid32.html
-J
Old 07-13-2010, 12:19 PM
AlexAZD

Yea I had seen those. I do a lot with baller bolts and they have been tested with no issues. It fits right into the raised area. I will let everyone know if there are ever any issues. Baller bolts are on a lot of drift cars now a days, very trust worthy. I understand the concern for circular.