Notices

ZSpeed Performance Heavy Duty CSC Concentric Slave for HR/VHR

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 02:40 PM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default ZSpeed Performance Heavy Duty CSC Concentric Slave for HR/VHR

Heavy Duty Concentric Slave Cylinder for 07-09 350Z HR, G35 HR, G37 VHR, 2009-2011 VHR 370Z

After many months of testing and design we at Zspeed Performance have came up with a better aftermarket slave cylinder for the HR and VHR cars.

We have now logged over 20,000 miles in multiple cars with 0 CSC failure even with heavy aftermarket clutches. The design work/product has been done for months but we felt it was something that needed to be tested in cars for many miles before just selling them to you guys, We wanted to make sure these are going to hold up for the long run. With our extensive testing we are now satisfied with the results and have decided to release them to the public. We appreciate your patience!!!

Instead of modifying the Stock OEM plastic concentric slave cylinder that have known issues we decided to use a better designed, heavier duty slave cylinder in our new kits.

The kits come complete with everything you need to install, No other parts are needed other than a couple jars of FRESH SEALED CONTAINERS of quality Dot 3/4 brake fluid, I recommend ATE Super or Motul 600

It will be necessary to modify the front cover of the transmission slightly in order to fit the bigger, heavier duty slave cylinder into the transmission housing. This takes about 10 minutes and is pretty simple to do. All instructions are included with the kit or will be e-mailed to you in PDF format.

The heavy duty slave cylinder kit features all metal/aluminum construction slave cylinder, Floating internal seal (better than stationary that is used in the OEM Slave), Self centering release bearing and All stainless fluid hoses that delete the stock rubber hose by your exhaust.

Though it is rare to see a warranty with after market performance parts we are so confident with this new slave kit that we are going to offer a warranty on the slave itself for 3 months from date of purchase when purchased and used with any Southbend DXD clutch kit purchased from ZSpeed Performance. Since we know these kits are made to the correct specs we are able to do this. Warranty only covers failure within the slave cylinder for defects, This will not cover slaves that were installed incorrectly, Lines that were not flushed out before install ect. Returned slaves will be inspected for debris and dirty fluid upon return. It is imperative that the install instructions are followed and lines flushed of old contaminated fluid to insure long slave life.

We have 2 different kits available to work with whichever clutch kit you may have, Stock, Aftermarket, flat finger or rounded finger designs.
The slave kit will work with any aftermarket clutch with the exception of RPS/SZ kits.
South Bend Clutch kit combos with the New ZSP Slave can be found Here

The new slave kit can be found Here

I have a few ready to go now, The rest will start shipping by 10-21-2010

Last edited by ZSpeedPerformance; 11-05-2010 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:46 PM
russelh15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

links don't work
Old 10-17-2010, 02:54 PM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Fixed
Old 10-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Muchakucha

Can't wait to get this in my car. My JWT clutch has just been headaches since I installed it. I'm picking this up with the Southbend clutch. I'll post some reviews once I get it in.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:21 PM
russelh15

Yeh I'll be placing my order this week, been waiting for a while for this.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:13 PM
MM'08_350Z

Received 68 Likes on 33 Posts

Just ordered mine I hope it works awesome with my new ACT 6puck sprung clutch.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:19 PM
red350track

hell yeah definately going to be saving for this soon
Old 10-17-2010, 04:20 PM
350zhr

i have this with a spec twin. i only have a couple hundred miles on it at this point, but have been putting it through plenty of hard shifting and launches. I did have to adjust the clutch pedal to full disengadement of the clutch but i believe that was due to the spec twin, as i have seen that as a complaint before. Right now when i start the car the clutch is soft at the top and with a few pumps it stiffens back up as it should be, i think i just need to bleed the system once more. This is a nice design and a good part to have.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:17 PM
kabro91

thank you soooo much for doing what nissan failed to do!!!
ive been looking for something like this for months
you can expect my order soon
Old 10-17-2010, 09:14 PM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Geesh guys slow down! Sold out already! I will have plenty more ready in a few days.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:25 AM
AZHR

wow sweet! i have been waiting for this. can you PM me a price shipped to 99504. also which style would i need to get to work with most aftermarket clutch kits?
Old 10-18-2010, 08:06 AM
2fasst

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question, with this aftermarket slave replacement, is your Zspeed Concentric Slave Cylinder Bearing Sleeve still needed?
Is this Slave Cylinder kit made for 03-06 aftermarket clutches or HR clutches?

Two, would you mind posting up the PDF How-To instructions in the DIY Section so we know what to expect to do for the home mechanics. Better yet, how about snap us some pics and to a detailed how-to thread. I'm sure you would move even more units if more do-it-yourselfers can do it

Edit: I see now that you offer two types of your HD Slave kit to work with either DE style clutches or OEM/HR style. If an owner with an HR street car that pushes about 450hp to the wheels, should he/she stay with OEM/HR clutches or 'go back' to DE style clutches when ordering your HD Slave kit? And the reason for your recommend, the pros and cons? Thanks!

Last edited by 2fasst; 10-18-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:18 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you can remove a tranny you can do this. Besides that its cake.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:20 AM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

I will post the instructions eventually, Unfortunately with aftermarket performance parts other companies tend to copy stuff very quickly and the less info they have the better

It is not hard to do at all, As stated below, If somebody can pull there trans, they will have not problem installing this kit.

At 450HP I would highly recommend a upgraded clutch, The stock clutch will not last long.
The Southbend kits in conjunction with the CSC upgrade will outlast the stock set-up for sure. There are no cons I can think of.

Originally Posted by 2fasst
Question, with this aftermarket slave replacement, is your Zspeed Concentric Slave Cylinder Bearing Sleeve still needed?
Is this Slave Cylinder kit made for 03-06 aftermarket clutches or HR clutches?

Two, would you mind posting up the PDF How-To instructions in the DIY Section so we know what to expect to do for the home mechanics. Better yet, how about snap us some pics and to a detailed how-to thread. I'm sure you would move even more units if more do-it-yourselfers can do it

Edit: I see now that you offer two types of your HD Slave kit to work with either DE style clutches or OEM/HR style. If an owner with an HR street car that pushes about 450hp to the wheels, should he/she stay with OEM/HR clutches or 'go back' to DE style clutches when ordering your HD Slave kit? And the reason for your recommend, the pros and cons? Thanks!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:25 AM
2fasst

Thanks for the quick reply. You should patent this But I think they copy by buying one of your units and reverse engineering it.

As for my question regarding with which clutch to go with, I should clarify that question. What I meant was (not to be brand specifi), when upgrading to a higher performance clutch, should we stay with HR clutch (rounded finger) or DE clutch (flat)? Because our decision to purchase which ever type of HD Slave your offer,we have to get a clutch kit to match. So given the two choices, which should we go with and why?

Last edited by 2fasst; 10-18-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:41 AM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks for the quick reply. You should patent this But I think they copy by buying one of your units and reverse engineering it.

As for my question regarding with which clutch to go with, I should clarify that question. What I meant was (not to be brand specifi), when upgrading to a higher performance clutch, should we stay with HR clutch (rounded finger) or DE clutch (flat)? Because our decision to purchase which ever type of HD Slave your offer,we have to get a clutch kit to match. So given the two choices, which should we go with and why?
The slave kit can be used with either, It just depends if I use the adaptor on the bearing or not, Stock style would not use it, DE style clutches will use it.
Almost all the aftermarket clutches use the DE pressure plate.
If you get the slave kit for the stock set-up and later want to go to a De style kit you can just get the sleeve from me for it.

The only kit that uses the rounded finger at this point is the Exedy kit which is OE and the spec twin which we found does not release fully/correctly and causes shifter drag.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:50 AM
2fasst

Originally Posted by CuztompartZ
The slave kit can be used with either, It just depends if I use the adaptor on the bearing or not, Stock style would not use it, DE style clutches will use it.
Almost all the aftermarket clutches use the DE pressure plate.
If you get the slave kit for the stock set-up and later want to go to a De style kit you can just get the sleeve from me for it.

The only kit that uses the rounded finger at this point is the Exedy kit which is OE and the spec twin which we found does not release fully/correctly and causes shifter drag.
Wonderful, that clarifies alot. Just one more question and I hope really hope my posting will help others otherwise I would have just called you directly and took care of my own needs.

Ok...so if I get your HD Slave kit for stock style setup (ie Exedy) and later on decides to go with DE-style clutch..I would need to get the sleeve from you?

Is this the 'sleeve' you're referring to?

Concentric Slave Cylinder Bearing:
http://www.zspeedperformance.com/200...e-HRSleeve.htm
Old 10-18-2010, 10:30 AM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Wonderful, that clarifies alot. Just one more question and I hope really hope my posting will help others otherwise I would have just called you directly and took care of my own needs.

Ok...so if I get your HD Slave kit for stock style setup (ie Exedy) and later on decides to go with DE-style clutch..I would need to get the sleeve from you?

Is this the 'sleeve' you're referring to?

Concentric Slave Cylinder Bearing:
http://www.zspeedperformance.com/200...e-HRSleeve.htm

That is the sleeve for the stock slave, It will not fit on the new one. But yes that is the piece you need in a different style.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:36 AM
2fasst

Originally Posted by CuztompartZ
That is the sleeve for the stock slave, It will not fit on the new one. But yes that is the piece you need in a different style.
awesome, on my To Buy list along with your aluminum undershrouds!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:03 PM
NeverBoneStock

I ordered your original csc for my jwt kit. Never installed it due to waiting for this to come out . Can I still send this back to you to get a credit towards the new HD csc like you said ? My G37 would really like that ..

Quick Reply: ZSpeed Performance Heavy Duty CSC Concentric Slave for HR/VHR