Notices

FS: OS Giken Grand Touring Clutch GTS2CD

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 03:29 PM
teknolust72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS Giken Grand Touring Clutch GTS2CD

Very lightly used OS Giken Grand Touring Clutch GTS2CD (Twin plate with soft clutch cover). Fits for VQ35HR and VQ37 engines, and is rated for 500hp. The Grand Touring clutches are the quietest of all the OS Giken clutches, and has the lightest pedal feel of all multiplate clutches on the market (as light as stock). For even better results, matching this clutch with the RJM pedal setup makes this the perfect "street fighter" clutch!!

Background story:
This clutch was originally an STR series clutch with twin disc (STR2CD) and was pulled on a spare motor at my race shop (you can see my notes on the inside of the clutch housing). The motor only saw dyno testing use, and shakedown runs at the track (and definitely never saw any street use since it was a dedicated race car.) Long story short, the motor was pulled and the clutch just sat there for over 2 years. I was going to install it to my daily driver sedan, so I converted the clutch cover to the easier to drive Grand Touring style, but now I'm thinking about getting a triple plate clutch for dedicated drift use.

Clutch disk and center plate thickness is exactly the same as a fresh set, but of course there is some light hot spots on the flywheel and center plate. The clutch cover and built in pressure plate is BRAND NEW. One of the disks has a small chunk taken out of it, but it is very small, and will not affect the clutch in any way. Normally this clutch comes with a metal sleeve for the OEM hydraulic release bearing, but if you are running the upgraded Zspeed setup, you should not need it. If you still want the OS Giken release sleeve cover, it is available from OS Giken for $70ish.

Asking $1200 picked up, $1260 paypal'd/shipped. Located in SoCal (Torrance, CA) PM me or email teknolust72@gmail.com for a faster response.

Sorry for the lack of trader feedback here, but I have a lot on Zilvia, and a little bit on myG37, Vipstylecars, and ebay. If you need these references please let me know!

Thanks!!