Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Why is this "East Canada" section so DEAD ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 08:51 PM
StraySheep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Why is this "East Canada" section so DEAD ?

As most of you probably found out by now that this is the most active Z forum for Eastern Canada. But it is still so dead.

Not many Canadian Z drivers post here, there's the once in a while FS or WTB threads, but not much interesting discussion going on. Is it because most are shy? Or is it most Z drivers are now busy preparing his/her Z for winter hibernation?

Let's get some feedback on this.

By the way, I am thinking of organizing one more 350Z GTA meet before the snow in November. Suggestions for dates, time, location, and things to do are welcome. I will probably post another thread for a final 2006 GTA Z meet when I see some more Z drivers actually post in the East Canada section.

Last edited by StraySheep; 09-10-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:29 AM
maxpowers

I thinks its because a lot of the posts are relevant to all Z owners so we would rather post in the main forums.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:41 PM
noodleman

not sure why it's so dead, but i guess we have no one to blame but ourselves for being lazy :P

anyways, one last meet before the snow kicks in would be great! If it's gonna be in Nov, I would suggest some time in the beginning of Nov, as mid to end of nov runs into danger of snowing.

And as for location, depending on how cold the temp drops to in Nov, i would also suggest some place that we can be in doors instead of freezing our butt's off outside.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:23 PM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used to be a nice group of us in Ottawa. Seems a lot have family and other commentments. Me and another forum buddy are the only one that keeps in contact since we like to mod a lot.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:06 PM
XuperXero

A good place would be Commerce underground, but then again, I go there almost everyday and I"m bored of the place.. Only good underground place I thought of though...

Straysheep, do you go to commerce gate/fmp/times square often? I keep seeing white 350Z's around, each one has nismo sides and rear, but I can't tell the front lip though.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:14 AM
StraySheep

Originally Posted by XuperXero
A good place would be Commerce underground, but then again, I go there almost everyday and I"m bored of the place.. Only good underground place I thought of though...

Straysheep, do you go to commerce gate/fmp/times square often? I keep seeing white 350Z's around, each one has nismo sides and rear, but I can't tell the front lip though.
I don't think everyone's Z can get down to the Commerce Gate underground parking. I haven't tried ever since I put on the ings+1 front lip.

Yes, I do go to those places often mainly when eating out and picking up my girlfriend.
I travel along Bayview between Elgin Mills and Hwy 7 alot. Also along Hwy 7 & 16th Ave. between Bayview & Warden alot.

I have only seen one other white 350Z with a body kit. There's one that has the full USDM Nismo kit and wing. But I believe mine is the only 06 White 350Z GT with body kit. There's also another one that's exactly the same year/model as mine, but bone stock.

Any other ideas for date/time/place for a final 2006 GTA meet?

Last edited by StraySheep; 09-11-2006 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:23 AM
noodleman

i would suggest yorkdale, but there isn't much to do if we wanted to go inside to hide from the cold (depending on the weather).

another place could be all star wings, though that place would probrably be packed. But if we wanted, we could step in for some afternoon wings and beer or something.

I've also been to a meet with the G35 guys at Timmies by Kennedy commons, the parking lot is kinda small, but we have a place to grab something warm.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Thumbs up Hey guys...

….a few different quick points.

1) It has been dead and yeah, we need to bring it back up in here. I know I’ve had a lot to post but have either been too busy or tired by the time I get home from work. I am going to make a concerted effort to post more quality thoughts.

2) Definitely up for another mete however, I think November is too late. How about either the last week of September or the third weekend of October. The first date will still ensure good weather. The second date will defiantly be cooler however, it will be after thanksgiving (when all might be busy).

3) I am so psyched because all of the following things I ordered just arrived. 1) Rear dec lid spoiler, 2) T-rex billet grille, 3) Nismo seatbelt covers and 4) Nismo rear window decals. Finally, I just ordered the Nismo cold air intake, which will be in shortly. I will post pictures this weekend or ASAP LOL

4) For those of you who went to Z fest, I realize this is a little late however, here is a quick shot of some of the best plates there.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Why is this "East Canada" section so DEAD ?-now-072.jpg   Why is this "East Canada" section so DEAD ?-plates.jpg  

Last edited by Risky_Business; 09-11-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:03 AM
FritzMan

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Used to be a nice group of us in Ottawa. Seems a lot have family and other commentments. Me and another forum buddy are the only one that keeps in contact since we like to mod a lot.
I'm still around - just busy with Solo2.

Pic from this past weekend's back-back events.

Fritz
Attached Thumbnails Why is this "East Canada" section so DEAD ?-soloii_september9-20-44-.jpg  
Old 09-12-2006, 06:04 PM
brickyardnut

I have a new born ...I dont sleep ...he wont sleep.
My son has 6 fingers on each hand and 6 toes on each foot. RARE! 1 in 2 million. All fingers/toes work perfectly. He will be awesome at typing, piano, swimming, etc. Cant find gloves for him so he will be a mitten kid!

Nice pic Fritz, is the downed cone from an overly agressive corner or is it an aiming cone?

I hope to meet up with the Ottawa guys soon. Let me know if there is a meet. Also let me know what other things my son might excel at with his extra digits...I'm curious and too tired to give it extra thought.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:17 PM
StraySheep

Exclamation

Originally Posted by noodleman
i would suggest yorkdale, but there isn't much to do if we wanted to go inside to hide from the cold (depending on the weather).
Good place for a meet, but there will be too many cars in the parking lot during the weekends. Please suggest another location.

I am going to set up the next and final meet of 2006 on Saturday, Sept. 30, 2006 @ 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Group pictures will be from 2:45pm - 3:00pm
Then set out for a cruise from 3:00pm - 3:30pm
Finally sit down for a drink from 3:30pm - 4:00pm.

If it rains, then it will be prosponed to Sunday, Oct. 1, 2006 with the same schedule. Hope it doesn't rain 2 days in a row.

What do you guys think of this schedule?

Now I just need some ideas for a place for the meet and another place for a cruise and drink. Please submit your location suggestions, should be some place not too far from a major highway in GTA.

This time I am going to make this a 350Z/G35 meet so it will be bigger.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:15 AM
rzua5

I will rearrange my schedule, hopefully I can join this one. I missed two of the meet already damn it..
Old 09-13-2006, 09:35 AM
noodleman

hmm, then Yorkdale might not be a bad idea for the first location of the meet afterall. The upper area of the underground parking (just outside of the the second level of Sears and Famous Players) is usually quite empty, so there'd be plenty of space to meet up then head for the cruise to the second destination for a drink or something.

I took this pic in the afternoon on a Sat about a month ago...it's pretty empty, so it'd be good. The problem might be mall security not being nice...

Last edited by noodleman; 09-13-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Jenn350Z

There's just too much stuff going on in the "General 350Z" section.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:51 AM
FritzMan

Originally Posted by brickyardnut
I have a new born ...I dont sleep ...he wont sleep.
My son has 6 fingers on each hand and 6 toes on each foot. RARE! 1 in 2 million. All fingers/toes work perfectly. He will be awesome at typing, piano, swimming, etc. Cant find gloves for him so he will be a mitten kid!

Nice pic Fritz, is the downed cone from an overly agressive corner or is it an aiming cone?

I hope to meet up with the Ottawa guys soon. Let me know if there is a meet. Also let me know what other things my son might excel at with his extra digits...I'm curious and too tired to give it extra thought.
It's a directional cone.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:58 PM
StraySheep

Originally Posted by noodleman
hmm, then Yorkdale might not be a bad idea for the first location of the meet afterall. The upper area of the underground parking (just outside of the the second level of Sears and Famous Players) is usually quite empty, so there'd be plenty of space to meet up then head for the cruise to the second destination for a drink or something.

I took this pic in the afternoon on a Sat about a month ago...it's pretty empty, so it'd be good. The problem might be mall security not being nice...
That looks like a good place for the meet, but can you give more detail direction on how to get to this parking lot in Yorkdale?

Any other suggestions on location. I was thinking of the parking lot outside Food basic, at the North West corner of Steeles / Hwy 404.

Last edited by StraySheep; 09-13-2006 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:25 PM
noodleman

directions to get that part of the lot? hmm...bascially when you get to the mall, you'll see an entrance to the underground parking lot beside chapters...once you get in, make a left at the stop sign, then right at the end of the lot.....then right again when you get to the second last entrance, then right again...

it sounds complicated, but it's not that bad...jsut hard to explain...

btw, we should probrably make a new thread for the meet and peopel can discuss, as opposed to talking about hte meet in the Why is east canada so dead thread :P

Food Basic parking lot is a pretty good idea, that place is empty quite often, though the Timmy side might be abit better.

If anything we could just goto the Micheal-Angelo's again then really cruise somewhere. The managers there were pretty cool about letting us stay around in the parking lot.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:16 PM
StraySheep

Then lets set it at the North East Corner of Don Mills Rd. & Steeles. Again, it's very close to Hwy 404.

The parking lot behind Esso gas Station outside Sears. It's a diagonal distance from Tim Hortons.

I will post another thread later today to summary all the information.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:36 AM
350ztoronto

i didn't find out there was an eastern canada section till one year after being on this site =(
Old 09-18-2006, 05:56 AM
ni.

I would take a guess that there are many users that can get much more from the forum than give back. Personally i knew really little about the z until i started reading this forum on a regular basis, and since i dont own a z, i cant really give back to the community via posting.

Quick Reply: Why is this "East Canada" section so DEAD ?