Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Canadian Auto insurance

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Smasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ thanks for the help. I will call both Monday.

350/mth is still a lot when I only drive this car 6mths of the year and have two other vehicles to insure. I hope its less than this.

Bel Air was a big no even when the person went back to the underwriter twice for me to re-confirm.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:19 PM
XuperXero

You might get cheaper if you get all your cars insured by ING. Multi-car discounts...
even still, 350/month x 6month =2100. That's still cheap for a "year"

But good to know that ING covers modified cars... I did not know that.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:52 PM
alcheng

Hey Smasher,

Try Wawanesa, they are pretty good.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:00 AM
boostedfairlady

^^^^no they dont, the owner of Authority Motorsport in Waterloo was with them called to insure a MKiv supra was asked was it modified he said yes NOS he said no they said no we dont insure modefied cars and at the same time they cancelled hes policy on his CRX becasue of the"increase in HP may lead to street races". Now people the owner of the shop is in his 30's has a family and a business you think he's going to throw that way for a street race. I dont think so when they told him this he's like well Iam going to have to find something they even had the ***** to say well your going to keep your other policy with us right(house,cottage and wifes vehicle) he sayed if you aint going insure one you aint insuring any once hes policy expires hes switching in a heartbeat.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Mapleleaf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was talking to my Broker today and they said that a Company called Nordic out of Toronto insures high risk cars , you should be able to go through your broker to get this.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Smasher

Guys, (I just realized there does not seam to be any girls in GTA with a Z here?)

I got Insurance with Pilot Insurance today!! This is a huge relief.

It was stressfull shoping for insurance under these circumstances vs shopping when you have insurance and are just looking for a better rate or service.

I went through a local broker, got a full appraisal on my car, grouped all three vehicles together and overall will only pay a little more than what I was paying before but will now have full coverage on the Z.

Back in the drivers seat!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default *Exhales...

Originally Posted by Smasher
Guys, (I just realized there does not seam to be any girls in GTA with a Z here?)

I got Insurance with Pilot Insurance today!! This is a huge relief.

It was stressfull shoping for insurance under these circumstances vs shopping when you have insurance and are just looking for a better rate or service.

I went through a local broker, got a full appraisal on my car, grouped all three vehicles together and overall will only pay a little more than what I was paying before but will now have full coverage on the Z.

Back in the drivers seat!
the system works. Now, on to a much more important topic as raised above. Girls (or women for that matter), I do believe had a representative on here (and in the area) by the name of Jennifer. However, that was sometime ago. Perhaps we could pool some funds together, by a Z and give it to a good looking girl to come to meets with. This would obviously be for the single *cough* gentlemen.

Last edited by Risky_Business; 08-16-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:40 PM
XuperXero

I saw a hot girl driving a brickyard in major mack/leslie area. I also saw another one driving highway 7/leslie area in super black track edition. They're out there! but they're just not foruming like us...
Old 08-16-2007, 09:09 PM
StraySheep

Yes, I have seen an asian girl drive a stock silver touring 350Z around the Major Mack / Leslie and Times Square area in Richmond Hill.

I believe her boyfriend drives an orange Lotus Elise. If you are in this forum, let me know if your Lotus Elise is for sale.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:39 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Smasher, I am going through the same ordeal with Statefarm at this point in time. My modifications are not as extensive as your obviously, but they're still being really **** about it. I already spoke to Mike about it, when I got on the phone with them and was honest and upfront about my modificaitons they said "Well we don't insure modified cars typically" I said, "Yes you do, you just don't know about it."
I have an inspector from Statefarm coming up to check my car out next week. He's going to take some pictures and check things out. I got pulled over and given 3 demerit points a few weeks ago for going 113 in a 90 here in Renfrew county. ( The speeding enforcement ****'s of the world) I hope that doesn't ruin my chances of getting the car insured. We'll see how it goes.
On a side note, I could loan my car to my girlfriend to drive to some of the meets so that you guys could look cool. You know what they say, where one hot chick goes, several will follow.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Smasher

2TH PWR

Good luck with everything and let us know how it works out. If you want my broker contact pm me.

If I was or need to do this again I think I would inquire about insurance with alternate insurance companies and brokers before calling the one I was with in case they told me to to take a hike (like they did).

You know cops just look at our cars and zone in on the radar!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:50 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Yep,
I'm officially dropped from STATEFARM as well for declaring my mods. I might post the exchange of emails between myself and my agent. I have until October 4th to find a new company. Pretty funny stuff.
I really do urge all of you with mods to tell your insurance company in a documented manor. They will deny your claims using any means necessary if it is found you are modified! It doesn't matter if it's just an exhaust. They will find a way to tear up your policy.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:28 PM
StraySheep

But how does an insurance company define a modification?

Does adding an air freshener considered as a mod?
How about changing from all seasons tires to performance summer tires?
Or changing from 18" to 19" rims?
Old 09-07-2007, 12:54 PM
XuperXero

My car has plenty of mods, I'm with State Farm. They didn't say anything when I got into accident and covered most of it. Adjuster came by too and I'm pretty sure that he saw that my car was modified.