Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

The Useless East Canada thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:45 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, the flame-fest is on all over ec today

i think we all need to hold hands and hug it out or if you're j, lick ...

nevermind .. mental imagery owned me for a second there
Old 09-23-2008, 05:06 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

welcome back my350z, i missed you
Old 09-23-2008, 06:07 PM
XuperXero

Originally Posted by IVRY PRL
I guess it depends on how you've already lived, and what you want out of life. I was always the good kid, I never even tried weed until I was 22. I rarely drink, like maybe once every month or two, and I don't smoke. I never pulled any cool pranks, and I don't have any stories that start with "I got really trashed with my buddies" and end with "and spent the night in a jail cell" or "and I woke up naked behind a garbage can" etc..
To be perfectly honest, I REGRET that. I regret having led the "smart" boring life. Everything I've ever done, I've done to get further in life, get a better career, and be more succesfull as a person. I've completely missed out on doing stupid **** for kicks, and I really don't want to die without adding a bunch of stories like that to my list.
The one thing I do pride myself in though, is not judging people and the choices they make. Honestly, you've met me, talked to me, if you think I'm a punk based on how I actually behave in reality, then SO BE IT. But to judge me on my list of things that I've missed out on, that's kinda ghey.
The things in bolds are LIES. Shall I tell everyone about your little story... to ahem.. you know where.

Honestly, you've met me, talked to me, if you think I'm a punk based on how I actually behave in reality, then SO BE IT.
I've met you too many times, talked to you too many times, and YOU FAIL!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, except the bold part
Old 09-23-2008, 07:19 PM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Yea, sry, I don't do hippie-fail stuff
What's this volunteer/feed the homeless crap I keep seeing? Your time could be better spent earning more to make life for your kids better.
If I had a son, and he had to work to pay for his schooling, because I was being a hippie and hugging trees, volunteering, etc.. I'd be like
But if I wasn't able to pay for his schooling because I blew it on coke and hookers, then I'd still be like I'd think back to the awesome time I had, and be like
Not that I've done coke or hookers before, but I grew up in a different time and define success differently. To me, if you're a zillionaire that flies around the world for no other reason than to burn jet fuel, and abuses every substance he gets his hand on, you are my hero. If you're teaching kids to read in Africa, you're a weird hippie.

Oh yea, and I've got another good one for you. If you think that you're a better person than me because I aspire to do immoral fun things, that right there is proof that you're not, because at no point do I think that my twisted ideals make me a better person. And if you think you can maintain moral high ground while thinking yourself superior to someone, then you're just an idiot.

How old are you? 25? There is no mention of superiority from anyone. You inferred that yourself. What I am talking about is maturity in the classic pschosocial sense of the word. Many writings have been done that outline the developmental stages one goes through as they age.
This page sums them up very well if you've never taken psychology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosocial_development

Age does not mean maturity as clearly evidenced by many of your social opinions. I don't want to even go into how selfish and egoist your ideas seem to be. Bottom line, you are in your mid 20's and still have regrets about who you are today. You are proud that you didn't try weed until you were 22, while it is shown that people who turn to substances, even once, lack confidence and self esteem. Your stuck in Erikson's Identity vs role confusion stage of development. The average person never attains generativity fyi, and you certainly aren't on that path.

Ugh, I don't really want to get sucked into a retarded argument over this. But take a look at who you idolize, and who you think is weird. How is wastefulness and substance abuse something to strive for? Once again, proof positive you aren't happy with yourself and who you are becoming. My question is, how much money does a person need to make in a year to be happy? You also have to ask why money is your apparent sole source of motivation. I'm actually going to digress from that topic. If you think you can go through life and never help anyone else out through altruism and die a happy, fulfilled person, you are mistaken.

Now I am expecting a response that will target some small detail of my post that is false, and uses that as the crux of an argument that attempts to discredit everything that I've said. But, I will still sincerely think that I've struck a note of truth.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:07 PM
XuperXero

^most useless post of UECT. I want my 1 minute back
Old 09-24-2008, 05:37 AM
IVRY PRL

Church - Man, maybe I will change, and maybe I will realize those things. I dunno, it's not who I am today. My only problem, is all the judging and hate. What's up with that? I don't want to live my life stealing change from hobos, but is it so bad that I want to try and do something bad once, for the thrill? Maybe it is, but who are you to judge, or who is anyone to judge for that matter? How is it a fact that how you choose to live your life better than how I choose to do it? That's all I'm saying, don't hate, don't judge. I don't judge any of you, if you're happy, then I'm happy for you, no matter what you do.

Mike - Read basically the same thing, only yours is way worse. You throw psychological theories at me in an attempt to make me seem like a bad person. Now read that last bit, THEORIES. Nothing in psychology is fact, as no one has ever been able to prove anything, for pretty obvious reasons. I read your link, and it certainly seems to match societies norms. But who is Erikson, or you to say that it is the right and only way to live your life? Has it never occured to you that we as a society are changing and evolving? Have you not noticed that as time progresses, our society becomes more and more deviant and now worships the type of things that the older generation frowns upon. And even still, even if my "deviant" fantasies clash with social norms, what are social norms anyway? They are a set of guidelines made by insecure individuals to judge others to make themselves feel more secure.
Honestly, why would I give a damn what someone has to say about how life should be led?
Don't get me wrong Mike, I get it. You like to know things. I've seen you write long posts on a variety of topics. It excites you to be able to educate, you view yourself as an authority on everything, and to you this is the natural order of things. I don't mind, I'm not the type of person to get in the way of what makes someone happy, but I'll have to ask you to back off this one time. Don't try to tear down my life, which you know nothing about to make yourself feel good.

And I just turned 23 you ***, don't call me old. I don't care about this whole argument, there's never hard feelings, but call me old again, and I'm kneeing you in the ***** next time I see you
Old 09-24-2008, 09:23 AM
noodleman

talk about killing the scene.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Church - Man, maybe I will change, and maybe I will realize those things. I dunno, it's not who I am today. My only problem, is all the judging and hate. What's up with that?
LOL
..Koreans just fail at making engines I guess. I've always said they're only good for women and BBQ
You're a white-boy saying this ****!.. are you fukn retarded?
Had you said this at a meet where I was present, I would have showed you something else korean's were good for..

Man, an undisclosed buddy of mine is nailing a 17 year old. I always thought that I would condemn such an act, but right now, the only thing on my mind is how jealous I am
^You sick?... I have cousins around that age, and have friends with daughters around this age..
Old 09-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Reality350

Good Afternoon!

Great day off..
Old 09-24-2008, 10:38 AM
tinlok

so they're on =)

yes i know i need a drop.. got my fender rolled yesterday at advanced powerhouse so now it's a matter of picking coilovers

Old 09-24-2008, 10:39 AM
noodleman

Originally Posted by Reality350
Had you said this at a meet where I was present, I would have showed you something else korean's were good for..
blow jobs? or so i've heard from rich.

edit: sexy SEXY VS-XX Hope you're enjoyin' them!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:27 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

i sense some surprise buttsekz coming on
Old 09-24-2008, 11:30 AM
IVRY PRL

You're a white-boy saying this ****!.. are you fukn retarded?

^You sick?... I have cousins around that age, and have friends with daughters around this age..
Dude, are you serious? I'm sorry if that offended you, but I'm not gonna apologize for saying it. It was obviously meant as a joke. I honestly have no clue why you're being like this. I don't even know you enough to know if you're seriously mad, or if you're just doing it to bust my *****.
As for the having cousins that age, my little sister is that age. She was raised better than that, but a lot of the girls she's friends with are total *****. She knows a girl in her school that gave a few male teachers head in order to be able to blackmail them, because she's an idiot and can't pass any classes by studying. A lot of these girls are looking for older guys to sleep with, whether just out of skankiness, or to act as sugar daddies for them and buy them crap. It's a two way street.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by tinlok
so they're on =)

yes i know i need a drop.. got my fender rolled yesterday at advanced powerhouse so now it's a matter of picking coilovers

very nice!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by noodleman
blow jobs? or so i've heard from rich.

edit: sexy SEXY VS-XX Hope you're enjoyin' them!
Your next!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:02 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

Your next!

Old 09-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Strife350z

Originally Posted by tinlok
so they're on =)

Sexy... mesh wheels > *

Old 09-24-2008, 01:38 PM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Mike - Read basically the same thing, only yours is way worse. You throw psychological theories at me in an attempt to make me seem like a bad person.

I never said you were a bad person. Once again, you inferred that yourself. I said you were a classically immature person in terms of behavioural development and backed it up with accepted literature.

Now read that last bit, THEORIES. Nothing in psychology is fact, as no one has ever been able to prove anything, for pretty obvious reasons.

Just because something is not accepted as fact in the scientific sense of the word does not mean it is not clinically relevant in the field of psychology either. I am saying according to average milestones accomplished by society you appear to be lagging behind the curve.

I read your link, and it certainly seems to match societies norms. But who is Erikson,

you can wikipedia erikson.

or you to say that it is the right and only way to live your life? Has it never occured to you that we as a society are changing and evolving? Have you not noticed that as time progresses, our society becomes more and more deviant and now worships the type of things that the older generation frowns upon. And even still, even if my "deviant" fantasies clash with social norms, what are social norms anyway?

If you are so proud of yourself and your newfound moral enlightenment, why do you have regrets about who you are?

They are a set of guidelines made by insecure individuals to judge others to make themselves feel more secure.
Honestly, why would I give a damn what someone has to say about how life should be led?

There is no one universal code of conduct for morals and values. But it's pretty clear that deliberate fantasies of taking advantage of people, doing drugs, and other such activities don't fall into acceptable behaviour.

It is a common misconception that problems are getting worse for society. That each crisis is worse than the one before it. But in reality, things aren't deteriorating, they are simply constantly changing.

Social norms are flexible and represent the mean moral values of the subsect of people which for your society. You society can be very small such as in a clan, or it can be all of human civilization. Nonetheless, they wil always represent the middle ground of everyone's expectations. This is the back ground of our legal system, and unfortunately it is what determines right and wrong in that sense. The average person in Cnadian society thinks sexual contact with 17 year olds is wrong because they haven't completely developed socially. it has nothing to do with insecurity, and everything to do with the average.

Why should you give a damn? Well you don't have to, but like I said the average values of society determines the legal system, so if you want to stay out of jail in this country you should abide by them. That is just the punitive side of things. There is the flipside of the coin where it is said that you wil never attain true happiness and fulfillment if you never become a mature person.

Don't get me wrong Mike, I get it. You like to know things. I've seen you write long posts on a variety of topics. It excites you to be able to educate, you view yourself as an authority on everything, and to you this is the natural order of things. I don't mind, I'm not the type of person to get in the way of what makes someone happy, but I'll have to ask you to back off this one time. Don't try to tear down my life, which you know nothing about to make yourself feel good.

When I go on long posting sprees it's because I know what I am talking about. What you were saying caught my interest because it's psychologically unusual if that is indeed how you feel. I'm flattered that you think that I think I view myself as an authority on everything.

And I just turned 23 you ***, don't call me old. I don't care about this whole argument, there's never hard feelings, but call me old again, and I'm kneeing you in the ***** next time I see you

Once again. I'm not tearing you down. I'm not calling you bad. You are inferring that yourself. My only point is that you haven't resolved somethings about your personality that the average 19 year old has already resolved.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:00 PM
IVRY PRL

Mike, I have no regrets about who I am now, you misunderstand. The only regrets are in experiences I've never had. I've led a very ordinary, clean cut life, and admittedly, some would be envious of this, but I'm envious of those that have lived on the edge, whether by risking their lives, health, freedom, etc... I never got to do the bad things that I always hear others talking about, and everytime I hear these stories, I think, it must've been fun.
I can't even begin to understand how you would find this strange. Different people want different things out of life. Some seek to build a family and raise their children to be good people, others want to live like a rockstar/playboy. I don't think there's anything wrong with either choice.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:01 PM
IVRY PRL

Wow, I missed my 1k milestone by arguing with you guys about stupid ****