Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

usaddressinc.com review

Old 03-19-2008, 02:38 PM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up usaddressinc.com review

So I went ahead and had my latest purchase shipped to Niagara Falls, NY to save myself a couple hundred dollars in shipping and brokerage to Canada.

So I used usaddressinc.com as a U.S. address when I bought some wheels. They are located literally 30 seconds after the Lewiston border crossing. They were great to deal and i'd recommend them to anyone. They charge $5 per item/box (not by package). They don't really answer emails because they get hundreds of questions, so if you use them you're going to have to call them to get anything done. Obviously I couldn't avoid customs with unmounted tires and rims. Had I bought something which I could have pretended was already on the car, I would have saved the $200+ on customs too. After gas and everything, I ended up saving about $400. Take advantage of free U.S. shipping and avoid ridiculous UPS brokerage charges. Drive down to usaddressinc. They were really easy to deal with.

Last edited by bender; 03-19-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:29 PM
toples z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info
Old 03-19-2008, 04:32 PM
toples z

do you have there # by any chance
Old 03-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Z Tuned

http://www.usaddressinc.com

I use them ALL the time. I was there last weekend, in fact i'm going over again this weekend to pick up some rims. They are great. I used them last year as well to take advantage of the Discount Tire deal. I would highly recommend them to you all as well.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:53 PM
bender

www.usaddressinc.com
Tel: 716-298-1822 Fax: 716-298-5502.
3909 Witmer Road. Niagara Falls. NY 14305.
Hours : Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m to 5.30 p.m
Saturday 9.00 a.m to 2:00 p.m
Old 03-19-2008, 08:18 PM
toples z

thanks for the update
Old 03-20-2008, 01:19 AM
stanleylee

so do u have to register with them or somthing ?
or just randomly ship shipment to there, then when u go there and pay them 5 bucks to pick up ?
Old 03-20-2008, 04:33 AM
bender

All they need is your name, address, and number so they can make a file for you for when your stuff starts coming in. You can either call or email them the info. When I had emailed them questions they didn't get back to me right away, but when I emailed them my info they replied quickly. They'll give you the thumbs up and then you can start sending your stuff to their address using your own name. That's all you need to do.

When you go there they ask for I.D. and give you your bill. It's $5 per item NOT package. So if you send 4 tires, it's $20 even if they're all strapped together. They will hold your items for a week at that price, but after that they charge extra like $2 per week per item. They take Canadian, but not at par ( I think it's .75 a dollar).
Old 03-20-2008, 04:43 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome, thanks for the info. I will def be usig them.

Cheers,
Old 03-20-2008, 05:02 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

i wonder what kind of security/insurance they have for their facilities? i'm sure this would be a tempting target for theivery if they knew people were sending expensive car parts to it.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:46 AM
bender

Originally Posted by goneinsixtyseconds
i wonder what kind of security/insurance they have for their facilities? i'm sure this would be a tempting target for theivery if they knew people were sending expensive car parts to it.
I agree I had the same thoughts about the place. The low budget website and lack of info worried me a bit. But really, the place was more than fine. It seemed perfectly secure and is located right off the highway. You cannot miss this place. It's not hidden away somewhere where no one drives by. Their business isn't based on car parts. There were people there picking up all kinds of things. Even if someone were to rob the place, they are not going to spend their time lugging around fat tires for a 350. Americans in that part of town couldn't tell a volk rim from a steelie anyways.

You're more likely to have a problem with UPS smashing/losing your boxes than anything else. Even with insurance they wont give you your money that easily, if not, a $100 cheque. I wouldn't worry about this place.

Last edited by bender; 03-20-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Shawn_z

They're already listed as my alternate address on my visa.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:49 AM
stanleylee

Originally Posted by bender
You're more likely to have a problem with UPS smashing/losing your boxes than anything else. Even with insurance they wont give you your money that easily, if not, a $100 cheque. I wouldn't worry about this place.
GODISH speaking of ups, i was expecting my exhaust to arrive yesterday as they say on the website, and it wasnt here, and on the website it said reciever requested a hold, which i never did. so called in like this morning, and ask them if they going to deliever it today, they said, well we should be, BUT non of our driver have it. IF i (the person on the phone) found it, I will give u a call~

oh my god! so worry now
Old 03-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Z Tuned

Originally Posted by goneinsixtyseconds
I doubt that'll be a problem. They are literally just a few feet away from a police station. It's right next door. lol

Also, they add 10% if you're paying by Canadian currency. I found this out last week when I was there.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:42 PM
baka778

maybe we should gather up and go there to pick up our parts together. maybe like share a van of goodies.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:28 PM
350ztoronto

are they harder with duties at the border? or do we just give them a random amount =D

Last edited by 350ztoronto; 03-26-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:14 PM
bender

Originally Posted by 350ztoronto
are they harder with duties at the border? or do we just give them a random amount =D

They never checked my receipts. It's not worth getting caught though. You get a black mark on your record. You will get harassed and searched any time you try to cross the border after that.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:33 AM
optimumarc

Originally Posted by stanleylee
GODISH speaking of ups, i was expecting my exhaust to arrive yesterday as they say on the website, and it wasnt here, and on the website it said reciever requested a hold, which i never did. so called in like this morning, and ask them if they going to deliever it today, they said, well we should be, BUT non of our driver have it. IF i (the person on the phone) found it, I will give u a call~

oh my god! so worry now
I had the same problem when I got my tires shipped from the states. I called them soooo many times and they finally found my package. Kind of a pain in the *** but I got them eventually. UPS has a service guarantee, if the package is not at your place with the given timeframe your shipping costs will be reimbursed.

Last edited by optimumarc; 03-28-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:21 AM
tinlok

bringing up old thread...
question about going through customs with used parts

how do i show customs how much i paid for the part if i paypal someone for some used parts and picked it up from usaddressinc location?
Old 07-07-2008, 08:44 AM
bender

Originally Posted by tinlok
bringing up old thread...
question about going through customs with used parts

how do i show customs how much i paid for the part if i paypal someone for some used parts and picked it up from usaddressinc location?
paypal always gives you a receipt when you purchase something. Just print out that receipt as it usually carries item info also. Your paypal receipt is just fine. I didn't even have to show a receipt, they just asked me how much. Don't ******** them either, or it will cause you way more problems than what you would have saved.

I've never had a problem with Canadian Border Guards. They're friendly and all they care about is getting their money on crap you're bringing in. Getting into the U.S. is a different story. Everyone is a terrorist and it's like the cool kids who think everyone wants to be apart of their group. It's a million questions where half of them don't even make sense and this high and mighty cocky attitude.

Last edited by bender; 07-07-2008 at 08:56 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: usaddressinc.com review