Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

looking for a dealer to buy an imported Z? need feedback!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 06:40 PM
XERMAN2001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality350
Lies! goneinsixtysec has first hand experience.. My friend is a dealer, he told me that they are pretty much a salvage operation.

Originally Posted by locknut
reality you're an iddiot
I dont understand. are they not a Salvage yard, or is Reality an iddiot because Goneinsixtysec does not have first hand experience?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:01 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by locknut
reality you're an iddiot
Hey thanks!.. Your reply speaks volumes..

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by goneinsixtyseconds
+1
^LMAO! you had to get one in didnt you.....
Old 04-10-2008, 05:05 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by XERMAN2001
Quote:
Lies! goneinsixtysec has first hand experience.. My friend is a dealer, he told me that they are pretty much a salvage operation.

I dont understand. are they not a Salvage yard, or is Reality an iddiot because Goneinsixtysec does not have first hand experience?
Hey man, dont worry about locknut.. He purchased his z through *blank*, which maybe the real reason hes selling and wants to get an '07..

And he cannot provide you with a legitmate answer because he knows the truth...

I am telling you straight up, but you dont have to believe me. In fact, just google *blank* and see how many customers have had a similar problems with their vehicles.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:28 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought locknut was joking, but i guess he's not. the fact is, i went with my buddy who was READY to purchase a 350z (money in the bank, pen in hand) but when we got to *blank*, they treated us like sh*t. the z in question was A PIECE OF SH*T. not sure if it was a salvage title, but it sure looked like they dragged it out of the water after it crashed into a pole.

there's more to this story, but i'm at work and busy, but surffice it to say, *blank* sucks and i will never suggest anyone go there to buy a used "car" or whatever crap they're selling.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:59 AM
stanleylee

dont go *blank*, was about to buy a s2000 there, found out all rebuild and kind of crap
Old 04-10-2008, 06:41 AM
tinlok

i thought locknut was joking, but i guess he's not. the fact is, i went with my buddy who was READY to purchase a 350z (money in the bank, pen in hand) but when we got to *blank*, they treated us like sh*t. the z in question was A PIECE OF SH*T. not sure if it was a salvage title, but it sure looked like they dragged it out of the water after it crashed into a pole.

there's more to this story, but i'm at work and busy, but surffice it to say, *blank* sucks and i will never suggest anyone go there to buy a used "car" or whatever crap they're selling.
AMEN TO THAT. I guess they have a policy to treat people like sh*t there.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:32 AM
bachelor

Hello all!

Yes it has been awhile, and I miss the Z very much!

Let me fill you in on My *blank* Drmatic experience!

As most of you know, a few months ago I parted out my Z and was trying to get into something that I could drive all year round. I began my search and decided to look into some used A4's. Add a chip to these and they make some decent power, plus AWD..not a Z, but decent.

I looked around a few dealers and found myself at this place *blank* Motors. I went in one Friday night, and found a very nice 2005 Audi A4 (US Car). So I was like okay let's see what we can do here. They originally, had offered me $21k for my 04 350 with 29000Km, which was low in my opinion since my car was extremely babied and not a mark on it. They ended up discounting the audi $1500, and I was like hmm....I'll pass on this deal. Here is the scary thing, they would not let me leave the dealer! They began talking to me as if I were ad idiot to walk out on this deal. By the time I walked out the door, they were screaming they would give me $24 for my Z on trade....wierd!

After this experience, I decided to walk away and not return (partially scared they would lock me in a cell when I returned), even though the trade value was good, plus I would get the tax savings too.

Sat morning I got my calls on me cell, saying that they wanted to talk again, and it would be worth my while. So I had nothing to lose. They were now offering $25,500 for my Z, plus the tax savings and would reduce the price of the audi to $21K down from $24,500. They would also reduce their ******** adim fee of $1400 to $900. This was November, the snow was arriving, and I need to get out of my Z, so I decided to do it. One condition was there was a scratch that went from the driver door to the rear passenger door, only flaw on the car. They agreed to have colorwerks to come in and fix it.

2 weeks go by as I wait for them to have the car certified at Audi (another condition I put in the deal) and to have the scratch fixed, I was happy to go and pickup the car.

As I arrive at the dealership (a cold Friday night) I was looking for my new Audi, which was no where to be found! None of the sales people knew where the car was. About 45min go by and I find out that some reject is driving it around! I kept calm, and the car arrived another 45min later. They were very anxious for me to sign the paper work and hand over the cash, before I saw the car and I refused, numerous times. Finally the Audi arrives, the two doors, were repainted and the finish felt like sand paper! I look at the molding that is now cover with massive amounts of over spray and say this was not done by color werks. He confirmed and said that some kid in the back did it. In a controlled manner I thanked the gentleman for his time, and walked away.

I will never go to that dealer again or recommend anyone to purchase a car from there.

As I was leaving an 2006 A4 rolled in, and they gave me the Carfax to take home to review. What they didn't know, was that they gave me the import papers as well on the car. The 2006 Audi A4, that they had listed for $29,500, had paint work done to it, and to my surprise it listed how much they paid for the car....$19K!!

STAY AWAY!

The next day I recieved a phone call (once they realized what they had given me) to return the documentation. As a courtesy I did, only to never return, despite the calls I got from the owner to try to sell me car.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Reality350

^LMFAO!

Alvin! long time man!

and a big

Locknut, you seeing this?...... your thoughts?

^Is this one ok with you rich? I mean, I dont want to anger you or anything.....

Last edited by Reality350; 04-10-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:24 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

lol .. was all those emoticons NECESSARY church?

you're an idiot.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:24 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

alvin's story isn't the only ones out there. aside from mine, i've found similar testimonials on other car forums as well as non-car forums like red flag deals.

sure .. maybe if ONE person had a bad experience, you can chalk it up to a specific sales person there, but it seems as though the company as a whole has a mission to rip people off or provide sketchy and poor customer service.

Last edited by goneinsixtyseconds; 04-10-2008 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Reality350

lol .. was all those emoticons NECESSARY church?

you're an idiot.
Hey rich, go *** yourself... Oh wait, that stick is to far up your a$$....
Old 04-10-2008, 08:56 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

Hey rich, go *** yourself... Oh wait, that stick is to far up your a$$....
why don't you make me? you sure talk a big game, but you're probably a 16-year old kid e-thuggin' online and wouldn't do sh*t. come say that to me in person, and i'll show you what will happen dude.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Reality350

why don't you make me? you sure talk a big game, but you're probably a 16-year old kid e-thuggin' online and wouldn't do sh*t. come say that to me in person, and i'll show you what will happen dude.

Stop going OT fool...
Old 04-10-2008, 11:12 AM
fullvietFX

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

let me sum up *blank* in as little words as possible:
nice website, but the most shady dealership you'll ever come across.

more elaborate testimonial:
if you're looking to get ripped off, treated like sh*t, or looking to purchase a car that will break down in 10 days, than *blank* is the dealership for you.
I agree.

From experience.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:36 AM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to Canadian Auto Associates when I was looking for my Z. When I showed up the car I wanted was not there.

WARNING SIGN #1 - The salesman told me it was at Nissan getting a recall fix on the transmission. He assured me the car was perfectly fine but they couldn't sell it unless all recalls were taken care of. Since when did Nissan issue a recall on these transmission and when did they start pulling them out when they were perfectly fine? Sure enough I pulled down the street where the Nissan dealership was and it was sitting outside with no transmission and a sign on the seat saying "DO NOT START". Obvious case of 3rd/5th gear grind and the salesguy tried to pull a fast one.

There's a dealership called Old Mill Pontiac and their sister dealership Eastside Chevrolet. When I was looking for my Z, they had maybe 5 or 6 of them. They sell mostly U.S. cars. They didn't have what I wanted at the time but they were very nice in answering all my questions went that extra mile.

Last edited by bender; 04-10-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:24 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

there might not have been a recall, but an internal TSB issued in regards to 3rd gear grind problems. if that's the case, you should be thanking them that they went to the trouble to take care of both recalls and known TSB's.

Originally Posted by bender
I went to Canadian Auto Associates when I was looking for my Z. When I showed up the car I wanted was not there.

WARNING SIGN #1 - The salesman told me it was at Nissan getting a recall fix on the transmission. He assured me the car was perfectly fine but they couldn't sell it unless all recalls were taken care of. Since when did Nissan issue a recall on these transmission and when did they start pulling them out when they were perfectly fine? Sure enough I pulled down the street where the Nissan dealership was and it was sitting outside with no transmission and a sign on the seat saying "DO NOT START". Obvious case of 3rd/5th gear grind and the salesguy tried to pull a fast one.

There's a dealership called Old Mill Pontiac and their sister dealership Eastside Chevrolet. When I was looking for my Z, they had maybe 5 or 6 of them. They sell mostly U.S. cars. They didn't have what I wanted at the time but they were very nice in answering all my questions went that extra mile.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:57 PM
bender

there might not have been a recall, but an internal TSB issued in regards to 3rd gear grind problems. if that's the case, you should be thanking them that they went to the trouble to take care of both recalls and known TSB's.
Please show me the TSB on the tranny grinding. Thanks. Even if there was, Nissan has no responsibility in fixing it. Recalls and TSB's are two different things. You can't walk into Nissan and say "there's a tsb on tranny grind (even if there was), my car isn't grinding but I want it fixed. It doesn't work like that. TSB's are not recalls and will not get you a free tranny if you have no problems.

TSB's are for technicians as an extension to the service manual and for things they won't get Nissan sued. They are helpful for consumers if you have an issue outlined in a TSB. They will help you get your problem fixed without having to argue with your dealer whether this is a known Nissan issue. They will not get you free replacement because "stuff might happen". That's what recalls are for.

Why are things outlined in TSB's and not recalls? Nissan will never get a wrongful death lawsuit on window streaking. It's cheaper for them to deal with issues as they happen.

Anyways, there is no TSB on tranny grinding to begin with.

Last edited by bender; 04-10-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:58 PM
locknut

Default struggling company

alvin's story isn't the only ones out there. aside from mine, i've found similar testimonials on other car forums as well as non-car forums like red flag deals.

sure .. maybe if ONE person had a bad experience, you can chalk it up to a specific sales person there, but it seems as though the company as a whole has a mission to rip people off or provide sketchy and poor customer service.

i agree with this statement, kinda mission part might be a bit over the top but nor would i think you would be able to find any used car dealership with 100% customer satisfaction record. however i will stick up for and stand by *blank* motors as i really know what goes on in that company. 1 *blank* motors was started 10 yrs ago by my brother in law by himself at the age of 25! i would dare any of you to open your own dealership at 25! and be 100% successful all the time. 2 does any of you know really how hard it is to employ help and to have that help share the same passion care and respect for the job at hand as you. i have seen over 100 salesmen go through the doors at *blank* motors all because they cant possess the simple people skills it takes to treat a customer with respect. probably close to a hundred. 3 *blank* is a growing company trying to fulfill the needs of all their customers with 2 locations things might not be runnign as smoothly as possible. but i assure in time *blank* motors will become the first class organization is is aiming for.

i am so sick of people making their happiness other peoples responsibility

and alvin, something along the lines of list for 29 or soemthign and you saw they bought it for 19, cough cough excuse me but i am sorry is there some rule or law that says you are onyl allowed to make x amount of a percent when re selling the car.? i am sorry i must have got this wrong ohh i see because your alvin ahh i get cause your alvin or anyone for that matter you should be getting an amazing deal because we(*blank*) should go out of our way in life/work to help others for free! damn if he bought for 19 and sold it to for 29 i said he was damn near genius, but i think 08 430 proves that!

"sure .. maybe if ONE person had a bad experience, you can chalk it up to a specific sales person there, but it seems as though the company as a whole has a mission to rip people off or provide sketchy and poor customer service."

could it be though? years of struggling trying to find good help and many bad decisions when it comes to hiring. and wait lets talk one sec about those people he hires. when was the last course you saw at university for car sales? pretty much half if not all of all car salesmen are high school drop outs which is why they're selling cars. need i say more about the link to customer service.

i am truly sorry goneinsixty, alvin, i wish i could have handled the situations myself, but for your and anyones bad experiences with *blank* motors i assure this isnt the intentions of the management there. and are actually furious and frustrated beyond all ends when it comes to trying to hire good salesmen to deliver the product and service they really are aiming for. maybe some can understand maybe some have managed others before been in situations where you count on other people to do their jobs and they fail and let you down. maybe you know about that

bottom line i feel bad for anyone who has had bad experience with *blank*. and i hope that in the future they have got their act together and can reconcile with all of you and help you find what your looking for.

oh yeah and they buy their cars from the dealer auctions like every other dealer! no salvage vehicles.

good luck to everyone who buys a car form any dealership.

and one more thing yes i am a bit biased, and i mean if the customer service is really that bad, then it is what is and i wont deny or undermine anyones bad experiences with *blank* but would have to accept them and i guess i would have to change my high opinion of *blank* and how it handles its business.

and reality youre still an iddiot~!
Old 04-10-2008, 01:22 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

all i meant was that if a dealer was making the effort in resolving known issues (recall or tsb) i'd be quite happy with that kind of proactive initiative. my 03 z periodically grinds (maybe 5% of the time?) so i wouldn't know anything about recalls/tsbs about this issue since i haven't cared about getting it resolved. but it seems like a common issue for a lot of people who have reported it and had their tranny's replaced.

Originally Posted by bender
Please show me the TSB on the tranny grinding. Thanks. Even if there was, Nissan has no responsibility in fixing it. Recalls and TSB's are two different things. You can't walk into Nissan and say "there's a tsb on tranny grind (even if there was), my car isn't grinding but I want it fixed. It doesn't work like that. TSB's are not recalls and will not get you a free tranny if you have no problems.

TSB's are for technicians as an extension to the service manual. They are helpful for consumers if you have an issue outlined in a TSB. They will help you get your problem fixed without having to argue with your dealer whether this is a known Nissan issue. They will not get you free replacement because "**** might happen". That's what recalls are for.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:42 PM
bender

all i meant was that if a dealer was making the effort in resolving known issues (recall or tsb) i'd be quite happy with that kind of proactive initiative. my 03 z periodically grinds (maybe 5% of the time?) so i wouldn't know anything about recalls/tsbs about this issue since i haven't cared about getting it resolved. but it seems like a common issue for a lot of people who have reported it and had their tranny's replaced.

There is no recall. There is no TSB.

If a a dealer is telling me "the car is perfectly fine, but is getting recalls done on the tranny because we wont sell it without it done", they are lying.

There is no recall. Even if there was a TSB, they ARE NOT RECALLS and WILL NOT get your car fixed if it is "perfectly fine". They will get your car fixed if you can prove you have the problem outlined. They will not help you get work done because "shiit might happen". If you go into Nissan complaining about window streaking and show them your window, they will fix it.

They are never going to get a wrongful death lawsuit for window streaking so it's cheaper for them to fix it as people come in. You can't walk in and say there's a TSB on window streaking, my car isn't streaking but I want it fixed. They will tell you TSB's are for technicians to help them fix people with the issues should they arise and are not recalls.

I can't walk into a dealer and say "I heard people are having oil consumptions issues, I want a new motor". You either have it or you don't. If you don't, Nissan doesn't care. They aren't in the business of replacing transmissions for free because it may grind. If it would cause your car to blow up, they would issue a recall and fix all of them if they grind or not. It's cheaper for them to fix on a person to person basis as opposed to getting 10 wrongful death lawsuits worth millions each.

Last edited by bender; 04-10-2008 at 01:55 PM.

Quick Reply: looking for a dealer to buy an imported Z? need feedback!!