Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

looking for a dealer to buy an imported Z? need feedback!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 02:04 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by locknut
1 *blank* motors was started 10 yrs ago by my brother in law by himself at the age of 25! i would dare any of you to open your own dealership at 25! and be 100% successful all the time.
i suppose i can't say i've ever operated my own business before, but my first goal would be not to rip off my customers and to provide a level of customer service that isn't a "go f*ck yourself" attitude which we experienced that day.

2 does any of you know really how hard it is to employ help and to have that help share the same passion care and respect for the job at hand as you. i have seen over 100 salesmen go through the doors at *blank* motors all because they cant possess the simple people skills it takes to treat a customer with respect. probably close to a hundred.
again, i can't say i've ever worked in human resources before, but if my turnover rate resulted in 100 sales people going through the company (as you state) than there's obviously something wrong with how i interview these people or the source in which i'm getting these people is obviously garbage.

3 *blank* is a growing company trying to fulfill the needs of all their customers with 2 locations things might not be runnign as smoothly as possible. but i assure in time *blank* motors will become the first class organization is is aiming for.
wow, this sounds like a radio ad. only problem is, if you can't even fulfill the needs of prospective clients, i'm not sure how you'll fulfill the needs of customers who have purchased and require ongoing service.

i am so sick of people making their happiness other peoples responsibility
uh, am i missing something here? *blank* is in the SERVICE INDUSTRY. as you said it yourself in your radio ad above, you're there to meet the needs of all your customers. typically this means keeping your customers HAPPY with good customer service. if not good customer service, than a great deal without feeling ripped off.

when was the last course you saw at university for car sales? pretty much half if not all of all car salesmen are high school drop outs which is why they're selling cars. need i say more about the link to customer service.
if that's the case, why is it that i never feel ripped off or treated like sh*t when i goto other dealerships? it's presumptuous to assume that all car sales people are high school drop outs. just because *blank* employs high school drop outs doesn't mean other dealerships do, and this is reflected in my many happy experiences in other dealerships buying new and used cars.

bottom line i feel bad for anyone who has had bad experience with *blank*. and i hope that in the future they have got their act together and can reconcile with all of you and help you find what your looking for.
you may want to tell your brother-in-law that the first step in improving the situation is not to ignore the problem or ignore their prospective customer base and to address these issues in an open discussion. i'm not sure if you're on tnc, but when i started a similar thread there, someone from *blank* (memory escapes me) contacted the forum owner to have the thread removed. this usually indicates to me that they could care less about the problem and want to quickly "sweep it under the rug".
Old 04-10-2008, 02:14 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

i just thought of an idea to balance out this debate we're having about used car dealerships. in my case, i seem to be responding mainly to *blank*, so to make it fair, let's open the discussion to people who have had GOOD experiences there.

anyone?
Old 04-10-2008, 02:19 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

i understand what you're saying, but i would say it's still possible that the car is perfectly fine and still be at a nissan getting the tranny replaced because the dealership wanted to cover their bases.

i'm by no means defending cdn. auto associates (i've never been nor spoken to anyone there), but i can see how it can be disconcerting when shopping for a used car and see it being repaired at a local dealer after being reassured it was "perfectly fine".

Originally Posted by bender
There is no recall. There is no TSB.

If a a dealer is telling me "the car is perfectly fine, but is getting recalls done on the tranny because we wont sell it without it done", they are lying.

There is no recall. Even if there was a TSB, they ARE NOT RECALLS and WILL NOT get your car fixed if it is "perfectly fine". They will get your car fixed if you can prove you have the problem outlined. They will not help you get work done because "shiit might happen". If you go into Nissan complaining about window streaking and show them your window, they will fix it.

They are never going to get a wrongful death lawsuit for window streaking so it's cheaper for them to fix it as people come in. You can't walk in and say there's a TSB on window streaking, my car isn't streaking but I want it fixed. They will tell you TSB's are for technicians to help them fix people with the issues should they arise and are not recalls.

I can't walk into a dealer and say "I heard people are having oil consumptions issues, I want a new motor". You either have it or you don't. If you don't, Nissan doesn't care. They aren't in the business of replacing transmissions for free because it may grind. If it would cause your car to blow up, they would issue a recall and fix all of them if they grind or not. It's cheaper for them to fix on a person to person basis as opposed to getting 10 wrongful death lawsuits worth millions each.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:20 PM
XERMAN2001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont delete my thread, i need answers!!!

Does anyone have any info on Quality Auto Wholesales ?
Old 04-10-2008, 02:22 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

Originally Posted by XERMAN2001

why don't you just goto these dealerships and check it out for yourself? you can gain testimonials from here and there, but the best judge if yourself.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:27 PM
noodleman

Originally Posted by goneinsixtyseconds
i just thought of an idea to balance out this debate we're having about used car dealerships. in my case, i seem to be responding mainly to *blank*, so to make it fair, let's open the discussion to people who have had GOOD experiences there.

anyone?
you mean anyone other than locknut.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Reality350

Originally Posted by XERMAN2001

Your best bet is to do some leg work and speak with this company...
Old 04-10-2008, 02:31 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

Originally Posted by noodleman
you mean anyone other than locknut.
yes, other than locknut anyone, everyone .. the thread is open for your positive discussions about *blank*.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:22 PM
locknut

i don't think they employ the tactic sweep it under the rug technique as you suggest but i am shocked to hear that so many are not happy with their experiences at *blank* i truly didn't know that this was an overall feeling i mean i haven't seen anyone on here recommend the company maybe thats because there aren't any hah! but i recommended *blank* because i thought they handled there business well i mean they have helped out a couple of my friends everything seemed ok. i am not salesman and all i was trying to do was offer a route for someone to try to purchase a vehicle and possible help out my brother in law. in turn it has it has turned into this. so like i said i honestly don't believe they try to rip people off or give them the impression they are getting ripped off or make them feel like ****. i don't know how you could live with yourself if thats what you decidedly did what you were doing. and i know thats not what do. honestly when i talk to my brother in law i have to suggest i feel his staff isn't doing their job from what i hear and he might (understatement maybe) be suffering from negative word of mouth advertising and his customers are left feeling unsatisfied.

i also appreciate how this thread has been turned around in a more constructive matter encouraging others to post maybe some positive experiences and no i will not log on as a new user just to for a positve experience hag. and strongly suggest to go to each dealership and check it out because all that should matter to you is getting the car you want for the price you want doesnt matter who it comes from.

since the discussion of *blank* and there so called poor business ethic i did sopme leg work i did search *blank* motrs under google i didnt find any bad testimonials as reality suggests i did find a link for workopolis where theyre trying to find quality staff :P, so i did more leg work and have come accross this the better business bureau record for *blank* motors and the used car dealers suggested and they are here

*blank* motors

http://mwco.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.a...7&firm=1035761

Canadian auto assoc.

http://mwco.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.a...7&firm=1083324

the other didn't have any bbb info

the info is there and it is what it is i posted and i read it i would like to point out in 36 months they have had only 1 sales practice issue in 3 years. all other are irrelevant really trivial stuff and most cases the company made reasonable efforts to resolve the issue to make the customer happy and the customer failed to comply with the bbb standards and operations. so please dont jump all over *blank* and me

also i did read the canadian bbb link so please dont throw it back in my face

like i said it is what is

one other thing just so we are all on the same page because locally there are a couple of other used car dealerships in the area with the name *blank* in the title.except for you alvin i know you know! but i didnt knwo it went down like that you only told me half of what happened i even called you when i could have got you that 06 for 23$. anyways there is *blank* motors,*blank* imports and *blank* auto, all in toronto *blank* auto was on city pulse news for ripping people off this is not the same company and is not and has never been affiliated with that company. i hope church you are not gettign them confused....

im out for now

i am telling you *blank* ftw maybe not now, could be a work in progress but i mean eventually it will turn around!

i will convince you all!
Old 04-10-2008, 04:24 PM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't doubt these guys sell good cars. I could have bought the car after it came back and had no problems with it. I also expect salesmen to lie to me, but I think he crossed the line. If the car was "perfectly fine", Nissan would not have touched the tranny because there is no recall or TSB. He made it sound routine recall on a perfect car, which was definitely not the case. I could have bought the car and would have never known or noticed. It's more principle than anything else. Condition of a car should never be bent truth. I'd rather him say nothing, even if I would have never noticed the difference.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:29 PM
LiveWire

So from the links above that you provided we can conclude that at the moment *blank* Motors is indeed a place that one should stay away from, while Canadian Auto Associates seems to credible.

I am actually surprised by all the excitement over this. We are talking about used car dealerships, perhaps one of the most shady businesses in existence. There was an article last month I believe in the Toronto star noting that. over 90% of used car dealerships cant be trusted in the GTA...this is no revelation to me...I think this is quite obvious once you start going to different dealerships. And don't think that courtesy and kindness from a dealership means that they are honest....I would think the opposite in some cases. They are buttering you up before the slaughter.

What a perfect world it would be if we could all buy new cars..but the reality of it all is that some cant. Some are tight on cash, but really want a particular car. And they will seek out where they can get that car they want so bad. And used car dealerships know this. They know whats in demand in their area, and they stock up on those cars ready to sell. They all buy them from auctions, they fix whatever may be out of place in the car, and they try to sell them at the best price they can. This is business, not a love affair. They don't give a **** about you, no matter how nice they might seem. The only thing they may value is any business you can bring in for them.

I will give you my personal example searching for a 350z. When it came time to actually pick one up, I found out that my initial desire to get a brand new one was now out of the question. So I went hunting. Living in downtown Toronto, I found a lot of good deals outside of the GTA. This required me to do my initial research over the phone, and if I liked the conversation (if things sounded promising) then I would take the trip to see the car.

I had a lot of dealerships that would refuse to discuss a deal over the phone, some insisted I would have to come in first, and in two instances, the dealership wouldn't even tell me the price unless i came in. That to me is pretty damn sketchy. You definitely have something to hide if you are so desperate to get the person through the door before even talking about a car.

In regards to Canadian AA, I dealt with a man named, Gautam Sharma. Over the phone he was polite and gave me all the information I needed. I explained to him that I am in downtown Toronto and that it would not be easy for me to go to Guelph on a whim. I tried getting a better price on the car, and he budged a little to make it more appealing, but not by much. Meaning he wasn't desperate to sell it, but he was professional enough to peak my interest and get me to take the trip to see the car. I also told him I wanted to look at an older model Z that was automatic when I came.

Now he offered to pick me up from Toronto on Saturday and drive me to Guelph. But I had Friday off to buy a car, so I told him I would come on my own with the train. And he still insisted to pick me up from the train station. And he did.

First off, Sharma is not a high school drop out. The man is old enough to be my father, and he has two kids of his own. When you enter the dealership, everyone seems to be around his age, and very professional. This gave me a level of comfort.

Now I didn't like the fact that they told me the cheaper Z that was automatic they sold the night before. I questioned whether this was a tactic for them to push the more expensive model on me. So I asked them if they had any other Z's. And they did have two other cheaper ones.

So I played a little hardball. They were all nice to me, and I was nice to them. I took the Z on a test drive, even on my own with my friend for a second spin. They had no problems with me doing that. The car seemed to be in stellar condition. And I was happy with it. But I wanted a better deal. So I went back to Sharma and set out to make him think I was going to buy the cheaper Z because the one I initially wanted was to expensive, and the other one I wanted they sold already...so I was a little disappointed.

While he tried to offer a better deal from what was previously discussed he couldn't go too much lower. I pretty much convinced him I was going to buy the cheaper car...and he really couldn't do anything with the price to make me buy the newer version. In the end, I told him its a deal, and I told him I would get the newer version.

We had a good laugh about me trying to get him to budge on the price and how we were both trying to be the best business man out of the two of us. I then met Debby the manager, which was also a very nice person, and she dealt with all the paper work, and some minor issues that came about all along telling me not to worry, and she knows whats shes doing. All the time they offered coffee etc and made us comfortable.

Now i'm not here saying these people are honest good hearted people that just want you to be happy. They are business people trying to make money. But I found they accomplished this in the most professional way. I found they weren't getting desperate over trying to sell it to me, they weren't pushing the sale down my throat, even when I was thinking on not buying a car from them at all (just to test what they would say). Mind you when they showed me the car fax, I tossed it to the side and said this means nothing. We cant depend on **** like that, don't be fooled.

All and all, I found them above average. I have dealt with a lot of dealerships for my father, uncle and myself over the years. And CAA were above the rest.

Whether or not the car I bought is in the condition I think it is in....only time will tell.

FUUUUUUK THAT WAS A LONGGGGG POST!!

lol

Drinks....I need a drink after that....
Old 04-10-2008, 06:23 PM
jasonintoronto

i'll definitely stay away from *blank*.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:12 PM
XERMAN2001

Originally Posted by Reality350
Your best bet is to do some leg work and speak with this company...
why don't you just goto these dealerships and check it out for yourself? you can gain testimonials from here and there, but the best judge if yourself.
I have, I am not sitting here trying to be lazy getting other people to do all the work for me. I am trying to other people opinion and experience with these dealers. To find out what people with a lot more Z knowhow than me think of the quality of their cars. You guys know what to look for on the car, I don’t. Ask me about a J-BODY (what I have now) and I can tell you a ton but not on these. I am also trying to get others opinions on the overall trustworthiness of the dealers; can I trust what they say?

I watched a CTV W5 report 3 weeks ago on used car dealerships and have become concerned with buying from non Nissan dealer without further input.

Here is the 5W link

http://www.ctv.ca/generic/generated/sbplayer/WFive.html(click on A BAD ROAD TRIP, part one and two)

What do you think of the report?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:41 PM
striker27

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think it is a problem dealing with a non Nissan dealer. I think the problem is that with the Canadian dollar so high some of the dealers are going State side and buying cars at auction. I have a dealer in my city who has been bringing in Porsches from the US fairly regularly..

I have fixed a few salvage vehicles and find it lots of fun. I am not really in the resale business but I drive them alot and enjoy the challenge. Alot of them make great track cars and it feels great going into a turn knowing you have half of what the other guy has in his car. I was up at *blank* to look at a Boxster that was a salvage and I think a 997 they had quite awhile ago. I found I could get just as good a deal just finding my own in the States. I know they also repair some cars that they purchase.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:58 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

^^ it's not surprising and i'm sure most of us understand that you have to be vigilant when checking out a used car from a private dealership.

on a related note, i pulled this link from a thread on redflagdeals:
http://www.apa.ca/template.asp?DocID=193

this is an apa report for 2005 for the used car dealerships they tested in toronto ... check out #17

*blank* Motors
147 Bentworth Avenue
North York
M6A 1P6
416-256-3500

1999 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro,
$16,990 or $19,580
WAUBA24B0XN081489

Dealer purchases vehicle with mileage unknown at Adesa auto auction in Ontario for about $10,000. Offers car for sale at $19,580 with 82,858 on odometer without indicating an odometer issue. Inspection permitted at Audi dealer. Carfax history search shows Quebec car sold at auction in Ontario in September 2002 with 62,364 km. APA research suggests a dealer tech error in Quebec is responsible for an inconsistent mileage record in March 2001 (64,712 km indicated instead of 46,712 km actual). Selling dealer agrees to perform six repairs prior to delivery. Inspection by buyer's mechanic indicates frontal collision and inoperative fog lamps. Several non-declared repairs including missing windshield washer bottle, corroded brake discs, seized wiper arm, loose front suspension upper links, and broken alarm, sun visor and mirror switch. Repairs estimated over $4,000. Dealer offered to cover $2,000
EPIC FAIL.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:55 AM
Reality350

. i hope church you are not gettign them confused....
Originally Posted by striker27
I was up at *blank* to look at a Boxster that was a salvage and I think a 997 they had quite awhile ago. I found I could get just as good a deal just finding my own in the States. I know they also repair some cars that they purchase.

i am telling you *blank* ftw maybe not now, could be a work in progress but i mean eventually it will turn around!

i will convince you all!

this is an apa report for 2005 for the used car dealerships they tested in toronto ... check out #17

EPIC FAIL.

Last edited by Reality350; 04-11-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:54 AM
bachelor

^^ it's not surprising and i'm sure most of us understand that you have to be vigilant when checking out a used car from a private dealership.

EPIC FAIL.

Wow...
Old 04-11-2008, 09:47 AM
XERMAN2001

Originally Posted by bachelor
Sat morning I got my calls on me cell, saying that they wanted to talk again, and it would be worth my while. So I had nothing to lose. They were now offering $25,500 for my Z, plus the tax savings and would reduce the price of the audi to $21K down from $24,500. They would also reduce their ******** adim fee of $1400 to $900.

$1400 admin fee, that bull. Insane, $900 is still nuts. Most dealers that I ve seen are around $150-$300. I don’t think I should even be paying that. The admin fee is to do the paper work, transfer funds, get plates ready ect. That’s the cost of doing business, if you want to make $2000 profit on the car you have to do a little bit of paper work for it. The paperwork has to be done for them to sell the car, for them to make money, it should be included in the selling price not on top. At $1400 or $900 their making money on the admin fee, there’s no way it cost $1400 in admin cost, even if it did, if you want to sell that car that’s what you have to do. They are already making $2000-$3000 (or more) on a $30000 car why should they make more profit on something that has to be done anyway. If they were selling it just above cost, then I could understand a $1400 admin fee because that’s where their profit is, but no other way.

My opinion

Last edited by XERMAN2001; 04-11-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:50 AM
moxy350z

My ZR is a US car. I bought it from Quality Automotive wholesalers (Quality Auto Wholesales -- http://www.autowholesalers.com/web/) and had no problems with them or my ride. They let me take the car to my mechanic and have it fully inspected (this is what sold the deal).

I would recommend them because they were up front and honest.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:24 PM
kamikaze2112

I'm surprised that nobody has suggested this already (maybe someone has, and I just didn't see it), but what about importing your own Z out of the US and save yourself the markup?

I've been looking at doing just that. I've only been looking on the Autotrader (US site) and there's a ton of them depending on how far you are willing to travel, and I'm sure there's just as many waiting to be found from other dealers that maybe don't advertise on the trader, or repossession agencies, etc. Why pay someone else to do the little bit of dirty work involved in bringing it up yourself?

Just a thought

Quick Reply: looking for a dealer to buy an imported Z? need feedback!!