Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

My car is at Velocity right now.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008 | 03:01 PM
XERMAN2001

Originally Posted by XuperXero
I highly recommend Chico's Collision in Newmarket. My buddy's front bumper has been repainted on his 350Z and to this day, it has no orange peel and NO rock chips. Very well done. The only problem is I have no idea how much it costs..
where are they located in Newmarket, thats where iam from and i dont know anything about them. Or are they the shop in Bradford?
Old 07-21-2008 | 04:55 PM
SC350ZR

Oh boy Mike.
I can't believe that they will not get you the right parts for your car. It is their damn problem to solve, not yours. I would not give up before I get some compensation, if not the right parts for my car. This is just plain stupid by them trying to get away with it. I'm lucky to have a friend that does all my body work and paint and he does good work too.
I really hope you can get this solved.
Old 07-21-2008 | 09:24 PM
XuperXero

Originally Posted by XERMAN2001
where are they located in Newmarket, thats where iam from and i dont know anything about them. Or are they the shop in Bradford?
No idea, it's possible. I'll ask my buddy again once I get a hold of him. I believe he just came back from DMCC for round 3.
Old 07-22-2008 | 06:58 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

^^ ask him how much a front bumper and side skirts will cost to paint + install
Old 08-06-2008 | 07:07 PM
2TH PWR

In the interest of keeping all of you informed with every step of my experience with Velocity Autobody I figured it would be good if I posted this email which I have sent to their service Dept.

Hello Tim,

I've been extremely busy recently relocating to London ON. You may remember me, the guy with the Silverstone 2003 350Z that had some body work done in June. My parts were given away, and I received damaged parts from a 2006 350Z. I have left a couple phone messages at your shop with my phone number, but have not been called back.

I've been thinking about the solution first offered by you, and speaking to my friends in the car community to see what a possible fair solution may be. Most say that your shop should purchase, and paint all new parts and deliver them to me. I don't think your solution, to recondition and paint the parts that you have given me, is fair for the following reasons.

- These parts, esp the front bumper are from an '06. I do not possess the proper reflector set for this bumper. If I were to want to go back to stock, my car would not be correct for it's year.

- These parts are damaged, with deep scratches and cracks, I have pictures of my parts from infront of your shop, and my parts were in excellent condition. You may remember me pausing to take several digital photographs before I departed in early June.

- My front bumper had a clear bra which cost me $400 to have installed.

- I invested a lot of time and money transporting my car and parts across the province to visit your shop which came very highly recommended.

I have thought about it, and what I am prepared to settle for as a solution is;

- Have the sideskirts and rear bumper you've provided me reconditioned, and re painted to 100% match with my car.

- I've found an '03 bumper which I would like your shop to purchase to replace my missing piece. A former customer, Wayne, with the blue '03 350Z with gold wheels, has his '03 front and is willing to sell it. I believe he want's $400 for it, which is a considerable savings compared to ordering a new one I think. If you can find a better deal on a part in excellent/ mint condition I will entertain it.

- I would like the front 3M clear nose mask installed again on the front bumper, as it added value and durability.

- I do not think it is fair for me to have to spend my money to bring the parts to your shop again to fix your shops error, so I would like it if they were picked up and dropped off at my house in London ON.

If you can track down my stock parts, and they are still in the condition I dropped them off in, I would gladly have them back delivered to me in London.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to having this issue resolved.
Old 08-06-2008 | 07:28 PM
2TH PWR

PS. the front emblem applied to my newly painted Nismo V2 is now falling off.
Old 08-06-2008 | 07:50 PM
StraySheep

A very interesting development between you and Velocity. Please keep us posted on any updates.

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR

- I invested a lot of time and money transporting my car and parts across the province to visit your shop which came very highly recommended.
So who highly recommeded Velocity?
Old 08-07-2008 | 05:09 AM
Doba

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
PS. the front emblem applied to my newly painted Nismo V2 is now falling off.
Doe.. that shouldn’t be hard to fix, mine was falling off on my 240sx I went to Nissan and they put it on for free, never fell of again, same with steering wheel emblem.

Just curious Mike if you asked how much work they put into lining up the front and sides, you mentioned they played around with the rear, but how was the fitment of the front? did they mention anything? just wondering if its not better doing something like this yourself, and just getting it painted afterwards.
Old 08-07-2008 | 05:30 AM
2TH PWR

Originally Posted by Doba

Just curious Mike if you asked how much work they put into lining up the front and sides, you mentioned they played around with the rear, but how was the fitment of the front? did they mention anything? just wondering if its not better doing something like this yourself, and just getting it painted afterwards.
I didn't ask and they didn't tell.
Old 08-08-2008 | 06:18 AM
xdragus

mike have you heard anything from them?
Old 08-08-2008 | 06:24 AM
xdragus

just wondering..my spoiler comes in on monday and gotta find a place to do it haha.
Old 08-08-2008 | 07:15 AM
Reality350

I think I will call velocity today, just so they know that ppl are listening/watching.....
Old 08-08-2008 | 08:22 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

^^ you can tell them they've already lost my business from mike's horror story.
Old 08-08-2008 | 01:09 PM
2TH PWR

Originally Posted by xdragus
mike have you heard anything from them?
I've heard nothing yet. Maybe they don't check messages or email?
Old 08-09-2008 | 12:11 AM
nick123

Those guys are crooks...My buddy had a similar experience where he painted his rear bumper and wanted to swap out his 06 taillights for some jdm ones...>When he got home and opened the box to see if they had placed the old ones in the box, they were inside so he packed it up and put it in his closet..A few months later he had gotten condensation in the jdm or clear ones, he wanted to open them up and re seal it, so he removed his jdm taillights and went in the closet to put the stock ones back on....He noticed that they were from an 03 as his were led taillights and these were not...THESE GUYS SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED....FRAUDDDDD
Old 08-09-2008 | 12:12 AM
nick123

If they have the internet they should come online and post why instances like these are occuring at their shop...I believe that they are maybe selling our parts..Or being carelesss...Personally tehy are careless
Old 08-10-2008 | 05:19 PM
SC350ZR

I just can't understand how a shop can have the nerve to swap parts for customers and think they can get away with it.

I really hope you get this resolved Mike because it is clearly not your fault.

One incident is maybe fine but there seem to be many more with the same shop.
Old 08-11-2008 | 05:24 AM
LiveWire

They messed up painting my passenger side door, but when I showed it to Tim he apologized a million times over and said he would repaint it for free. So now I need to set up an appointment next week. This is his moment to redeem himself for his error. Hope he gets it right. I have been going to them for at least 5-6 years now, and this is the first major problem with them.

Time will tell.
Old 08-11-2008 | 06:45 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

Originally Posted by LiveWire
They messed up painting my passenger side door, but when I showed it to Tim he apologized a million times over and said he would repaint it for free. So now I need to set up an appointment next week. This is his moment to redeem himself for his error. Hope he gets it right. I have been going to them for at least 5-6 years now, and this is the first major problem with them.

Time will tell.
sounds like they're slipping if you've been going for 5-6 years and all these problems have been recent occurrences.
Old 08-11-2008 | 07:46 AM
SC350ZR

Maybe they have had some recent changes in people working there?

Quick Reply: My car is at Velocity right now.