Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Where can i buy a lip kit in the GTA, also a good place for paint?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bing240sx
oh my god did someone put SportMax wheels on a 350z?

what the hell is wrong with that guy?

Anyways, if you're looking for Aero check out:

http://www.onderground-design.com/home.html?lang=en

I can save you 5% or so on stuff drop shipped to your place... shipped from within Canada, so no customs.
LoL!!!

V O L K R A C I N G
Old 02-25-2009, 04:32 AM
350z-Jim

I found these guys by accident. Rocketz.net they are located in BC and will ship reasonably. My lip showed up in perfect shape and fit awesome.

Front Lip: http://www.rocketz.net/catalog/nissa...ip-p-2792.html
Sides: http://www.rocketz.net/catalog/nissa...ts-p-1970.html
Rear lip: http://www.rocketz.net/catalog/nissa...ap-p-1969.html
I bought this lip, from this company and have it on my car. Fits awesome, very strong and looks great.

I can't attest to the quality of the sides or rear lip. I only have the front. I have bashed the front a few times (not too hard) and it has not broken, it seems to be really strong. I also sprayed the inside of it with a good layer of rubberized undercoating. They have the veilside sides and rear too if you want those. No I am not affiliated blah blah blah. I just bought it there and the transaction was smooth and the part fit nice.

Last edited by 350z-Jim; 02-25-2009 at 04:40 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:26 AM
bing240sx
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reality350
LoL!!!

V O L K R A C I N G
dude, the white one.... pure taiwanese Sportmax unamazingness.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:28 AM
baka778

how much was shipping for you?

Originally Posted by 350z-Jim
I found these guys by accident. Rocketz.net they are located in BC and will ship reasonably. My lip showed up in perfect shape and fit awesome.

I bought this lip, from this company and have it on my car. Fits awesome, very strong and looks great.

I can't attest to the quality of the sides or rear lip. I only have the front. I have bashed the front a few times (not too hard) and it has not broken, it seems to be really strong. I also sprayed the inside of it with a good layer of rubberized undercoating. They have the veilside sides and rear too if you want those. No I am not affiliated blah blah blah. I just bought it there and the transaction was smooth and the part fit nice.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by bing240sx
dude, the white one.... pure taiwanese Sportmax unamazingness.
LoL! my bad.. you posted that right under the pic of Alvin's old Z..
Old 02-25-2009, 08:13 AM
rzua5

Originally Posted by Strife350z
wow... even though that's not my car, the pic makes me miss my Z
You are right Wayne, at first glance i really thought it is your car
Old 02-25-2009, 01:25 PM
XERMAN2001

Originally Posted by Reality350
LoL! my bad.. you posted that right under the pic of Alvin's old Z..
you mean my new Z, lol
Old 02-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Black Spider

Does anyone know where I can get a Veilside V1 front lip for an 06?
Old 02-25-2009, 04:28 PM
350z-Jim

Originally Posted by baka778
how much was shipping for you?
It was like 100 or 115 bux from B.C. but that was understandable when you see the size of the box it takes to ship that thing. Its as wide as the car (obviously) so like 5ft or so? and is curved to match the front so the box was prob 2 ft tall and maybe 1 ft thick so the box was large. I couldn't fit the box in my A4 lets put it that way, I had to unbox it and ditch it in a bin nearby and toss the lip in the back seat. So with all things considered it was pretty cheap.

I could have probably shipped 3-4 lips in one box though because they would fit inside each other pretty well so if you guys buy a bunch it would be much cheaper together. I considered buying two just to have an extra. If I crash this one up some how, I'm gonna order 3 next time, sell one put one on the car and keep a back up.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:27 PM
XERMAN2001

the lip was made of f/g right, what finish did it come in? black like it is on your car, primer ect

so it fit well, do you think it fit as well as a genuine Veilside?

I was looking on Rocketz wed site and found a few kits that look the same as the ones Extreme parts sell. Extreme parts use to be called Soundspeed i bought my cavaliers kit from them.

I think extreme parts buys some of there kits from Rocketz, some of the pics are the same. I know the guy at extreme said they have another location, maybe thats the other. Extreme parts is out of Toronto.

pics from rocketz site

pics from extreme site

rocketz Nissan 350Z 2003+ Vader 1 Style front lip $165

extreme Nissan 350Z 2003+ Vader 1 Style front lip $185

Rockets 4 pc kit $495

extreme 4 pc kit $550

i am going to call them and find out if they both sell the same stuff.

Last edited by XERMAN2001; 02-26-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:09 PM
steve774

Wow these prices are unbelievable for a Canadian shop. This is very tempting however I don't know if my budget can fit a body kit Can I ask how much you paid just to get the lip painted?

Thanks

Old 02-26-2009, 04:10 AM
350z-Jim

Originally Posted by XERMAN2001
the lip was made of f/g right, what finish did it come in? black like it is on your car, primer ect

so it fit well, do you think it fit as well as a genuine Veilside?

I was looking on Rocketz wed site and found a few kits that look the same as the ones Extreme parts sell. Extreme parts use to be called Soundspeed i bought my cavaliers kit from them.

I think extreme parts buys some of there kits from Rocketz, some of the pics are the same. I know the guy at extreme said they have another location, maybe thats the other. Extreme parts is out of Toronto.
The lip is FRP which is fiberglass reinforced plastic. Its more flexible and stronger than standard fiberglass. I have wacked it on steep driveways and stuff a few times and it never broke so it's pretty strong. It arrived at my door exactly as you see it installed in the pics.

I don't know how well a genuine veilside fits to be honest (terribly I have heard in some cases), but the one I have was VERY tight to fit on so it holds very snugly. Once me and my buddy got it wrapped around the bumper one finger on each end was all the pressure it needed to keep it from popping off (no screws or anything) so a few screws in each end was all that was holding it on all year. This year im gonna tape it down in the center, why? I dont know.

If Extreme has that lip there you can buy without shipping thats the way to go. I never heard of extreme last year which is why I went to Rocketz to buy it. I just found them, called the guy up he was cool and shipped it out.

Originally Posted by steve774
Wow these prices are unbelievable for a Canadian shop. This is very tempting however I don't know if my budget can fit a body kit Can I ask how much you paid just to get the lip painted?

Thanks
THe lip isn't painted. It came with the finish you see in those pictures. I just slapped it on. I guess whatever material they use with the FRP is UV resistant because it didn't fade or have any problems all year. I originally put it on just to fit and was going to have it painted to match the car. I got to liking how it looked in black unpainted and thought I will paint it black. Well after time I noticed that the sun wasn't doing anything to it all so I just ran with it. I probably won't paint it until it gets banged up a bit and NEEDS a paint job. For now, as you can see, it looks fine and doesn't really need it. THe finish is pretty durable as it is and I don't really wanna put paint on it that will get rock chipped and scratch off easily because it so low to the ground.

So it was 160 bux shipping and install. Pretty simple.

Last edited by 350z-Jim; 02-26-2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:59 PM
XERMAN2001

The lip is FRP which is fiberglass reinforced plastic. Its more flexible and stronger than standard fiberglass. I have wacked it on steep driveways and stuff a few times and it never broke so it's pretty strong. It arrived at my door exactly as you see it installed in the pics.

I don't know how well a genuine veilside fits to be honest (terribly I have heard in some cases), but the one I have was VERY tight to fit on so it holds very snugly. Once me and my buddy got it wrapped around the bumper one finger on each end was all the pressure it needed to keep it from popping off (no screws or anything) so a few screws in each end was all that was holding it on all year. This year im gonna tape it down in the center, why? I dont know.

If Extreme has that lip there you can buy without shipping thats the way to go. I never heard of extreme last year which is why I went to Rocketz to buy it. I just found them, called the guy up he was cool and shipped it out.

THe lip isn't painted. It came with the finish you see in those pictures. I just slapped it on. I guess whatever material they use with the FRP is UV resistant because it didn't fade or have any problems all year. I originally put it on just to fit and was going to have it painted to match the car. I got to liking how it looked in black unpainted and thought I will paint it black. Well after time I noticed that the sun wasn't doing anything to it all so I just ran with it. I probably won't paint it until it gets banged up a bit and NEEDS a paint job. For now, as you can see, it looks fine and doesn't really need it. THe finish is pretty durable as it is and I don't really wanna put paint on it that will get rock chipped and scratch off easily because it so low to the ground.

So it was 160 bux shipping and install. Pretty simple.
for a unpainted finish it looks and held up great, nice!!!

i called them and they only come in white gel coat now not black, so you lucked out
Old 02-26-2009, 03:56 PM
baka778

still deciding if i should go C-west lip or Nismo V1, since i don't need to pay shipping on C-west but more expensive. However, with the replica Nismo v1 + shipping, it would be around the same.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM
XERMAN2001

So I called all of the places and this is what I have found out.

I called Rockets and asked them a few questions about their kits:

What is the difference between FRP and Fiberglass, they sell both.

He said they are both the same??

What finish does the Vader (veilside) front lip come with?

He said it has a white gel coat, not black like last year.

Is extremeparts a distributor for you, or do you sell to them?

He said yes we sell to Geno.

When does the sale end, (prices in red)

He said in a few weeks.

Where do you get your kits from.

He said Asia

I called Extremeparts.ca and asked them a few questions about their kits:

Do you buy your kits from Rocketz

He said yes some of them (all the 350 kits are)

Do you have a Vader (veilside) front lips in stock.

He said yes, we have 3. We need 3 days to get them here.

I found out that Onderground-design get some of their kits (ing kit) from AIT racing in the US.

I don’t know where BCauto gets their stuff, they said Asia.

-----

So you can get the same vader 1 (veilside replica) that RocketZ sells at Extremepart.ca for $185 wed http://www.extremeparts.ca/new/index...mart&Itemid=36

It's $185 each, or he does full kits for $550. So if more than one person is looking to buy something from them you should get together and save some moneny. I would think that you could get 3 for $450ish, $150 each. He said he has 3 in stock right now.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:00 AM
350z-Jim

for a unpainted finish it looks and held up great, nice!!!

i called them and they only come in white gel coat now not black, so you lucked out
Dang...

Honestly I would paint a part like this myself. Quick sand, clean, Primer then some gloss black automotive paint. Then have a detailer guy do a buff on it and it would be perfect. It's not a big piece and not many flat surfaces so a careful garage paint job would be just as good on this.

I have painted a few things in my garage with really good results before. I don't think I would try and color match it however, but black is pretty easy. And if it screwed up you could always just clean it with acetone and have a pro paint it anyway lol...
Old 02-27-2009, 05:57 AM
Black Spider

I'm looking into getting the vader 1. If anyone else is interested in buying something let me know.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:21 AM
steve774

It's $185 each, or he does full kits for $550. So if more than one person is looking to buy something from them you should get together and save some moneny. I would think that you could get 3 for $450ish, $150 each. He said he has 3 in stock right now.
Hey, thanks a lot for posting your investigation on this. You saved me time from investigating this myself. I am definitely interested in doing some kind of a group by for the lip. PM me when you get more details on the exact price.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Parker01

Originally Posted by steve774
Hey, thanks a lot for posting your investigation on this. You saved me time from investigating this myself. I am definitely interested in doing some kind of a group by for the lip. PM me when you get more details on the exact price.
Shotgun lip #3!
PM me also please.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:46 PM
XERMAN2001

I have made a few more phone calls, done some more research and I just wanted to clarify a few things.

Veilside make a v1 lip for the 03-05 Z and the 06+ Z. They both look the same but I am told that the opening on the 06 is larger so they sell both types.

Extremeparts and rockets web sites both say they sell the Vader type 1 front lip for 03+ Zs. I called and they said they are made to bolt right up to the 03-05 bumper and can fit the 06+ bumper with modification. They said they do not offer a replica of the 06+ veilside front lip.

The only replica veilside lip I have been able to find for the 06+ front bumper is one made by evo-r.

My350 thread https://my350z.com/forum/body-exteri...p-special.html

evo-r wed site http://www.evo-r.net/

as for price I am waiting to hear back. But the old forum price was $309 shipped in the US. $400 painted and shipped. I think I saw somewhere $390 shipped to Canada, unpainted. Their web site says $439 painted plus shipping of $120 = $559. I think its like $100 less unpainted. ??

$450 Shipped for a replica seems like a lot to me, isn’t a genuine lip pretty much he same price?

AVmagneticZ you bought one of these didn’t you?

pic of the evo-r lip.. FYI Genuine 06+ veilside front lips do not have a dip in the center. That's how you can tell which one the replicas are.

Last edited by XERMAN2001; 02-27-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Where can i buy a lip kit in the GTA, also a good place for paint?