Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Where can i buy a lip kit in the GTA, also a good place for paint?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009 | 04:26 AM
steve774

XERMAN2001, your sig says you have a 04, why are you looking for a 06+ lip?
Old 02-28-2009 | 07:25 AM
Sickboy101

^^ I believe he is looking to put an '06 bumper on his '04^^

Kevin, why don't you go with the Nismo Kouki Lip. I purchased one a months back and you would be looking a about 425-450 including shipping/duty. I haven't installed mine yet but I've done a test fit and it looks great and the fitment is perfect.

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=2364
Old 02-28-2009 | 12:08 PM
XERMAN2001

Originally Posted by steve774
XERMAN2001, your sig says you have a 04, why are you looking for a 06+ lip?

I prefer the look of the 06+ front bumper so I am looking for a cheap one to put a lip on. My 04 bumper has more stone chips than i would like so I have to paint it either way, if I can find a good deal on a 06 ill just paint that one instead.

It all depends on cost, if i keep my 04 bumper i will buy a 03-05 replica. If i buy a 06 bumper i will have to buy a genuine 06+ lip. So depending on how much i get the 06 bumper for i may or may not do it.

Originally Posted by Sickboy101

Kevin, why don't you go with the Nismo Kouki Lip. I purchased one a months back and you would be looking a about 425-450 including shipping/duty. I haven't installed mine yet but I've done a test fit and it looks great and the fitment is perfect.

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=2364
that is a nice lip, works well with the nismo kit. But i prefer the look of the veilside lip with the rest of the ing kit i am looking at.

here is a the look i am going for, minus the colour matched front grill.

Last edited by XERMAN2001; 02-28-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-01-2009 | 04:42 AM
350z-Jim

Originally Posted by XERMAN2001
My 04 bumper has more stone chips than i would like so I have to paint it either way
Its because of stone chips why I left mine black and unpainted because if you look at the chips you have now, you know that its gonna be really bad if you paint the thing. I guess your car is silver though so a black lip wouldn't look very nice on a silver car either..

Make sure the paint you get is 100% and have it wrapped in 3M Clear bra before you install it. My buddy does that on Porsche's for Pfaff and he said he could do my lip if I wanted to protect it from chips.
Old 03-01-2009 | 06:43 AM
Sickboy101

I agree with Jim... I have my lower hood covered with 3M and it does a very good job protecting against stone chips. I didn't wrap my full bumper but I wish I did. My bumper hasn't got that bad yet but when I re-paint it, I will 3M it for sure. Remember that when you re-paint your bumper the paint will be more prone to stone-chips because it has not been baked on like the factory paint.

I priced it out at a 3M shop in Mississauga and you would be looking at about 350 bucks.
Old 03-01-2009 | 06:50 AM
Sickboy101

Have you tried Spoilers TO? I bought my Kaminari Lip for my is300 there. You may want to give them a call...

http://www.spoilersto.com/
Old 03-01-2009 | 03:18 PM
kelly350Z

Originally Posted by Black Spider
I'm looking into getting the vader 1. If anyone else is interested in buying something let me know.
hey, are you guys organizing a group buy for the vader front lip? I am in for sure. Money ready.
Old 03-01-2009 | 07:16 PM
XERMAN2001

Originally Posted by 350z-Jim
I guess your car is silver though so a black lip wouldn't look very nice on a silver car either..
Make sure the paint you get is 100% and have it wrapped in 3M Clear bra before you install it.
Originally Posted by Sickboy101
I agree with Jim... I have my lower hood covered with 3M and it does a very good job protecting against stone chips. I didn't wrap my full bumper but I wish I did. My bumper hasn't got that bad yet but when I re-paint it, I will 3M it for sure. Remember that when you re-paint your bumper the paint will be more prone to stone-chips because it has not been baked on like the factory paint.

I priced it out at a 3M shop in Mississauga and you would be looking at about 350 bucks.
My Z is blue not silver. The car has 37,000km on it but the bumper was from another car. When Alvin owned it he sold the oem bumper and bought the JP kit. When he sold the kit he had to buy a blue used OEM bumper. The bumper must have more than 37,000km on it, it has too man chips for my taste. Or at least enough for me to spend the money to get rid of them. I can tell you where every stone chip, or scratch is on my car, I am very particular/ detail orientated. If you have seen any of my past posts you’ll see that I ve repainted my rotors, painted my wheel wells and polished my plenum all because of this.

Ill have to look into getting the 3M stuff, i hate stone chips.

Originally Posted by kelly350Z
hey, are you guys organizing a group buy for the vader front lip? I am in for sure. Money ready.
I am looking to buy a 03-05 vader 1 or a 06+ genuine veilside front lip in the next month.

Since I have already spoken with extremeparts a bunch of times I can get this group buy going if you wish. Anyone that is looking to buy a vader 1 lip or anything from extremeparts PM me and ill see what kind of deals I can get.
Old 03-05-2009 | 06:26 PM
baka778

are we still getting the vader front lip? interested in getting one.
Old 03-06-2009 | 08:58 AM
LiveWire

I would stay from Velocity...their work has gone down the tubes in 2008. Complete crap service.

They messed with my friends Z twice....and Tim's excuse was that they are just human and make mistakes....wtf.

Never ever stepping at their doorstep again.
Old 03-07-2009 | 09:47 AM
XERMAN2001

So I spoke with Extreme again about a group buy on the Vader 1 front lip for the 03-05 Z. They had 3 in stock that are now all gone, either local people bought them or some that saw this post, but there are no more in stock.

The next shipment should be in around the end of April. They didn’t get the shipping list yet so they don’t want to 100% guaranty how many Vader 1 lips are coming. As for price they said it would depend on how many lips are purchased. An estimate would be around $20 off each lip when buying 5. more for more.

BCauto does not have any Vader 1 lips, they may have some in 60-90 days.

Rockets may have some, but you will have to pay the $100 or so shipping.

That is all the information I have for now.

Kevin

Last edited by XERMAN2001; 03-07-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-07-2009 | 04:16 PM
Parker01

I stopped in at Simply Custom Creations (SCC) to inquire about lips. He has nothing in stock but will be getting some in 1-1.5 months once everyone gets their big spring shipments. Anywho I am getting an ABS RS style front lip for roughly $190. He said he would certainly do a group buy deal if there was 3 or more of us interested. Right now a friend and myself are going to buy lips from him guarenteed. Shoot me a PM if you're intrested and I guess once I get word of when they are coming in and how many I will reply to confirm you're still interested.

I put my Z on the road for the weekend <3 , it was nice until it started to rain today.
Old 03-16-2009 | 06:44 PM
XERMAN2001

Hello again

I am still looking for recommendations for a good body shop that has experience with aftermarket body kits. That does a good job for a reasonable price. I am looking for one that knows the “tricks” to get aftermarket kits to fit well, or better. I have had experiences with insurance type body shops in the past, I paid A LOT more than other shops because they were not as familiar with that type of install.

This is what I have found so far:

-Chico Collision in Newmarket (do they have much experience with aftermarket kits?,)

-Velocity autobody

-Car Image -- Ken. Tel: (905) 731-2999(work) or Cell: (416) 823-8982.

-ms bodyshop

-Assured Automotive

-Caraid customs --- www.caraidcustoms.com

Has anyone had any dealings with any of the above, (good or bad) or do you have any recommendations?

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited by XERMAN2001; 03-17-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-17-2009 | 03:31 AM
Sickboy101

My front lip and rear skirt are at Car Image and will be painted and installed in the next week. I will post some pics and a brief of the work. So far I've seen nothing but excellent work - they had just finished doing some work on a Viper and the work was flawless.
Old 03-17-2009 | 05:40 AM
LiveWire

Originally Posted by XERMAN2001
Hello again

I am still looking for recommendations for a good body shop that has experience with aftermarket body kits. That does a good job for a reasonable price. I am looking for one that knows the “tricks” to get aftermarket kits to fit well, or better. I have had experiences with insurance type body shops in the past, I paid A LOT more than other shops because they were not as familiar with that type of install.

This is what I have found so far:

-Chico Collision in Newmarket (do they have much experience with aftermarket kits?,)

-Velocity autobody

-Car Image

-ms bodyshop

-Assured Automotive

Has anyone had any dealings with any of the above, (good or bad) or do you have any recommendations?

Thanks

Kevin

Like I said before, I would stay away from Velocity. I have known those guys for around six years or so, and they used to do good work considering they weren't asking too much money. But their work in 2008 was just horrible.

Guy messed up a fix on my car, my friends car, and I recall another person on these forums complaining about them as well.

I would say Velocity has economic prices, but no love for quality of work. They just get things done quickly with poor craftsmanship.

They messed up my friends passenger door when they decided to do a quick fix without removing the door hanlde and trim...the door ended up with all these impressions and warps that needed to be fixed by another company.

They had a simple fix to do on my car, and over sprayed on my rear quarter panel, and part of my hood....wtf.....just pure laziness work.

Barry owns the place, nice guy. But Tim runs the shop, and they guy just smiles and tries to be friendly while doing horrible work. Dishonest to say the least.

On a brighter note, both cars Velocity messed up, Elite Auto Collision fixed to pristine condition.

The difference with these guys is that they know their cars top to bottom, work on high end vehicles, and love their work to the point that they don't do **** jobs. Also they don't throw out numbers at you for the cost...they print out a sheet explaining where each dime they are asking for is going in the repair/mod/paint of the job.

They fixed both Z's perfectly, and the price was more than reasonable. The only people I will be taking my car to from now on. Its hard finding a shop that isn't trying to screw you over, or do a poor job on such a huge personal investment.

Can you tell I want to bash Tim's head in?? lol

Leave Velocity to the riced out old Honda's and other crap that teens just want to mod and could care less about quality.

Old 07-25-2009 | 10:09 AM
l2iceman

hey guys, anyone know where to purchase a nismo v2 style lip locally? I checked extremeparts.ca and raceready but both carry only the "vader" lip...I don't want to order it from the US, would prefer to get from a place where people here have positive reviews in terms of fitment and quality.