Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

What is Mitsubishi's standing in Asia and North America?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 05:48 AM
Ryan@Forged
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It even says in the article they have never seen anything like that before. Your pointing out a 1 time freak incident. I bet I could come up with pages of similar freak accidents on any car out there. Does this mean they all have quality control problems or are poorly made? I find it hard to believe that a rally car has a common issue with accelerator pedals breaking off. As said before, thats a 1 time freak accident which you can't honestly draw conclusions from.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:04 AM
Sixth_Vang

Originally Posted by Ryan@Forged
It even says in the article they have never seen anything like that before. Your pointing out a 1 time freak incident. I bet I could come up with pages of similar freak accidents on any car out there. Does this mean they all have quality control problems or are poorly made? I find it hard to believe that a rally car has a common issue with accelerator pedals breaking off. As said before, thats a 1 time freak accident which you can't honestly draw conclusions from.

True, but why does a rally car have a plastic accelerator?

Edit:

I'm by no means trying to offend anyone either, i've driven a 9 MR and it was a phenomenal car btw. The x just doesn't fascinate me one bit, doesn't give me that kick in the pants feeling.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Ryan@Forged
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sixth_Vang
True, but why does a rally car have a plastic accelerator?

Edit:

I'm by no means trying to offend anyone either, i've driven a 9 MR and it was a phenomenal car btw. The x just doesn't fascinate me one bit, doesn't give me that kick in the pants feeling.
I know your not trying to offend anyone, we are just having a nice healthy discussion To clear things up, I have no idea why Mitsu made plastic accelerator pedals for the X. The Evo VIII/IX came with metal pedals.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:12 AM
kasimmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've noticed you have to be really pro-nissan on this forum. No one ever says that X car is great! unless its a nissan. Its the same case on the honda forums. People get defensive when other cars are mentioned. So lame.

BTW, the RSX Type R clutch on my car got deformed only after 2 years or so. The stage 4 clutch I was using for messed up. I had to apply a lot of pressure to put it into gear. Its really not a big deal.

Last edited by kasimmmmm; 03-06-2009 at 10:15 AM.