Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Need Advice with Shipment Gone Wrong

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 04:36 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Yeah asking to lower the value was a big mistake. It basically reduced any leverage you have on the situation. You could ask the seller for a small portion because of his crappy packing job, but really, is 25 to 50 bucks worth all the trouble?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:49 AM
ELIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

well actually we didn't like the idea to register at my350z but then we saw this thread.
We can remeber this case very good.
One of those customers who ordered at ART last year, let us call him Barry Calnucci, claimed about the bad quality of his ELIA rear and that it wouldn't fit the butt of his Z. He told us that it was so extremly wrapped that it would be very expensive to fix it at a bodyshop...
He was peeving us nearly 6 month to give him his money back until we yielded and took a part of the amount back on his account.

I think it's kind of funny that he didn't write something about that when he was selling his rear here at the forums...

Obviously he was cheating...

We can't understand what is going on in someones head who is shipping high-quality bodyparts in PLASTICBAGS, is there a monkey dancing in there or what is going on - sorry we forgot the bubble-wrap...!!!???
DON'T YOU EVER USE PLASTICBAGS INSTEAD OF BOXES!!!

We just can say that we are checking every part which is leaving our warehouse on fittment and quality!

If anyone likes this rear or any other part or if you have any further questions contact us on d.hoefler@elia-ag.de
The shipping-costs on nearly all ELIA bodyparts differes between 80USD and 120USD.
We always try to keep the prices for parts and shipping fair.

Best regards
ELIA Tuning & Design
Germany

Last edited by ELIA; 02-09-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Barry Calnucci aka sluggoZ

it looks like this story gets worse... I did buy this piece from the guy known as "Barry Calnucci". Now it looks like I got his defective part that he was given a partial refund for.

Sure I'm guilty for not paying the full duties on this piece but you have a guy on this forum selling defective merchandise that he got a refund for. Not to mention shipping the rear skirt in bubble wrap and a plastic bag.

This incident has left me no choice but to ask sluggoZ to respond to these allegations of knowing selling a part that he complained so strongly about (in regards to quality and fitment) that ELIA paid him a partial refund then goes ahead and sells it to me for 400 USD.

This truely is fraud to quote Bender.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Smasher

WOW!

SluggoZ owes you a new part or refund.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:09 PM
rzua5

Originally Posted by Sickboy101
it looks like this story gets worse... I did buy this piece from the guy known as "Barry Calnucci". Now it looks like I got his defective part that he was given a partial refund for.

Sure I'm guilty for not paying the full duties on this piece but you have a guy on this forum selling defective merchandise that he got a refund for. Not to mention shipping the rear skirt in bubble wrap and a plastic bag.

This incident has left me no choice but to ask sluggoZ to respond to these allegations of knowing selling a part that he complained so strongly about (in regards to quality and fitment) that ELIA paid him a partial refund then goes ahead and sells it to me for 400 USD.

This truely is fraud to quote Bender.
Hmm..this got me thinking, is it possible that he shipped the rear in bubble wrap like that so it looks like USPS damaged it during transit like some sort of diversion while it was already broken before he even ship it???
Old 02-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Sickboy101

^^ I had the same thoughts as you^^

hearing what the guy from ELIA wrote about him - I wouldn't put it past him.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:26 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

you should start a call-out thread in the general forum and post your side of the story as well as the info provided by elia.

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-nissan-350z-2/
Old 02-09-2009, 10:30 PM
ELIA

Originally Posted by rzua5
Hmm..this got me thinking, is it possible that he shipped the rear in bubble wrap like that so it looks like USPS damaged it during transit like some sort of diversion while it was already broken before he even ship it???
Ah, I don't think so - "Barry Calnucci" claimed about the rear being wraped so that it wasn't fitting on one side 100 percent anymore caused by bad/wrong packaging (he got the rear from ART also packed in PLASTICBAGS...!!!).
It wouldn't have been a big thing to make it fit with some real glue (if you buy an ELIA bodypart you will always get some glue to mount it for free) but he didn't agree and wanted to use only doublesided tape...

As you can see on his pics the rear was mounted on his Z.

I think it really got broken on the way to sickboy101...

By the way 400USD is a huge price for a used, warped, an wrong colour painted rear!
If you had ordered it directly at ELIA the price would have been about 430USD plus shipping about 80USD plus your local importfee (1,00EUR = 1,30USD) for a new urethane rear well packed in a box with all the material you need to mount it (glue etc.) and some stickers()...

Ride on
ELIA Tuning & Design
Germany
Old 02-10-2009, 09:56 AM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Stephen....sickboy & Elia..
After several emails going back & forth with Stephen, I don't appreciate this crap that is going on this open forum.
Here's my side of this mess...first off he was mad because I would not cover half of his repair cost...just read on & you all will clearly see where Iam coming from by me not even paying half of his repair cost. Thanks!
1. Elia gave me a partial refund becuase I wanted $$$ to cover the cost of doing this rear skirt... by me going to another pro body shop who has had experience with after-market mod parts, was this mentioned, NO!....also ART gave me some dollars...BTW both companies were lying & blaming each other on who is going to pay the taxes & duties with these body parts coming into the USA from Germany. That is a long messy story in itself!
2. I decided not to go forward because of all the time & money I put into this project & decided to sell....my cost at the time was $890. Also I'm the guy who initially got these two companies together in the first place!
3. In my ad I stated that who ever buys this rear skirt, has to take it to a pro body shop who has the experience....skirt needed to be heated, formed first befor applying onto the car. ART said to me... "this is what every professional shop should do first".
4. Stephen PM's ART & ART told him to "stay away from it". Stephen tells me what ART told him to stay away from it! ???? Was this mentioned....NO.
5. Stephen, because of his frugal cheapness wanted me to mark this rear skirt item as a gift...he never mentioned this earlier!!!!!!! I told him that I did not feel right about that & eventually I said that I will mark it as a $100 dollar item. He then agreed.
6. Nothing was mentioned at all about insurance.
7. I tried very, very hard to find a box with measurements of at least 6ft long 2 ft wide & 6" high....& I could not find one.
8. Because ART sent me the rear skirt originally in a clear plastic bag & I felt at the time...whoa what a way to send a pkg. & I told ART about this & his answer to me was "he ships parts like this all the time". So I figure I would spend $16 for bubble wrap & $7 for a heavy duty plastic bag since I could not find a box. This pkg was wrapped very, very securely (I have pics to prove this) & no way in hell if the rear skirt was in a box this skirt would of been broken too because of the disgraceful shipping between the 2 countries...even Stephen agreed with me! Wow!
9. When I went to the post office to send off the pkg. I mark the forum as a $100 item...listen to this.....the postal clerk then tells me if I want INSURANCE, I'm now thinking to myself how could I take insurance if the item was worth $400 going into Canada that dosen't make any common sense so I said no. If Stephen wasn't as cheap as he is clearly evident now. If he would of agreed for me to mark the item as $400 & you can bet your last dollar that I would of definitely have had INSURANCE on this $400 item & this whole mess would of never happend. Then he tells me that his brother who works for a big company in shipping says a shipper would of never allowed a pkg to be shipped in bubble wrap & a plastic bag....WRONG! The Post Office does have insurance forums, what they do not have is confirmation forums for pkgs going out of the country & that is another reason why I ask for a money order or a certified check because of that reason...no confirmation is issued by the Post Office when pkgs. going into Canada or out of the country for that matter.

Lastly...I'm really pissed off about this frugal cheap guy Stephen Gilmore slamming my integrity & making all kinds of un-called for accusations via emails
As you all can see now that this guy sickboy is a cheap SOB!

BTW my name is Jerry Salvucci sluggoZ
Old 02-10-2009, 10:21 AM
kingrukus

Old 02-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^LoL!
Old 02-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Sickboy101

Originally Posted by sluggoZ
Hey Stephen....sickboy & Elia..
After several emails going back & forth with Stephen, I don't appreciate this crap that is going on this open forum.
Here's my side of this mess...first off he was mad because I would not cover half of his repair cost...just read on & you all will clearly see where Iam coming from by me not even paying half of his repair cost. Thanks!
1. Elia gave me a partial refund becuase I wanted $$$ to cover the cost of doing this rear skirt... by me going to another pro body shop who has had experience with after-market mod parts, was this mentioned, NO!....also ART gave me some dollars...BTW both companies were lying & blaming each other on who is going to pay the taxes & duties with these body parts coming into the USA from Germany. That is a long messy story in itself!

"wanted dollars to cover cost of doing this rear skirt" know that's cheap - why must ELIA and ART give you dollars to pay for a install gone wrong. Is it their fault you didn't go to a "Pro" bodyshop. I guess you wanted to a "Amateur bodyshop and saved a few bucks.

When the install went wrong you complained that the skirt was warped. You never mentioned once to me that rear skirt was warped.

2. I decided not to go forward because of all the time & money I put into this project & decided to sell....my cost at the time was $890. Also I'm the guy who initially got these two companies together in the first place!
3. In my ad I stated that who ever buys this rear skirt, has to take it to a pro body shop who has the experience....skirt needed to be heated, formed first befor applying onto the car. ART said to me... "this is what every professional shop should do first".
4. Stephen PM's ART & ART told him to "stay away from it". Stephen tells me what ART told him to stay away from it! ???? Was this mentioned....NO.
5. Stephen, because of his frugal cheapness wanted me to mark this rear skirt item as a gift...he never mentioned this earlier!!!!!!! I told him that I did not feel right about that & eventually I said that I will mark it as a $100 dollar item. He then agreed.
6. Nothing was mentioned at all about insurance.
7. I tried very, very hard to find a box with measurements of at least 6ft long 2 ft wide & 6" high....& I could not find one.
BS... you never mentioned this at all in our conversations
8. Because ART sent me the rear skirt originally in a clear plastic bag & I felt at the time...whoa what a way to send a pkg. & I told ART about this & his answer to me was "he ships parts like this all the time". So I figure I would spend $16 for bubble wrap & $7 for a heavy duty plastic bag since I could not find a box. This pkg was wrapped very, very securely (I have pics to prove this) & no way in hell if the rear skirt was in a box this skirt would of been broken too because of the disgraceful shipping between the 2 countries...even Stephen agreed with me! Wow!
I agreed that the shipping was handled in a disgraceful way but mentioned this would have been solved with appropriate packaging
9. When I went to the post office to send off the pkg. I mark the forum as a $100 item...listen to this.....the postal clerk then tells me if I want INSURANCE, I'm now thinking to myself how could I take insurance if the item was worth $400 going into Canada that dosen't make any common sense so I said no. If Stephen wasn't as cheap as he is clearly evident now. If he would of agreed for me to mark the item as $400 & you can bet your last dollar that I would of definitely have had INSURANCE on this $400 item & this whole mess would of never happend. Then he tells me that his brother who works for a big company in shipping says a shipper would of never allowed a pkg to be shipped in bubble wrap & a plastic bag....WRONG!

You actually think UPS would have insured a 400.00 valued package stamped with a fragile sticker packed in some bubble wrap and a plastic bag The Post Office does have insurance forums, what they do not have is confirmation forums for pkgs going out of the country & that is another reason why I ask for a money order or a certified check because of that reason...no confirmation is issued by the Post Office when pkgs. going into Canada or out of the country for that matter.

Lastly...I'm really pissed off about this frugal cheap guy Stephen Gilmore slamming my integrity & making all kinds of un-called for accusations via emails
As you all can see now that this guy sickboy is a cheap SOB!

BTW my name is Jerry Salvucci and I'm a fraudulent, arrogrant SOB! sluggoZ

my comments are in red...
Old 02-10-2009, 12:05 PM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ELIA
Ah, I don't think so - "Barry Calnucci" claimed about the rear being wraped so that it wasn't fitting on one side 100 percent anymore caused by bad/wrong packaging (he got the rear from ART also packed in PLASTICBAGS...!!!).
It wouldn't have been a big thing to make it fit with some real glue (if you buy an ELIA bodypart you will always get some glue to mount it for free) but he didn't agree and wanted to use only doublesided tape...

As you can see on his pics the rear was mounted on his Z.

I think it really got broken on the way to sickboy101...

By the way 400USD is a huge price for a used, warped, an wrong colour painted rear!
If you had ordered it directly at ELIA the price would have been about 430USD plus shipping about 80USD plus your local importfee (1,00EUR = 1,30USD) for a new urethane rear well packed in a box with all the material you need to mount it (glue etc.) and some stickers()...

Ride on
ELIA Tuning & Design
Germany
Why are you calling people out? You just made your whole company look like a pile of crap. How come when sluggo buys the lip "it's perfectly fine and just needs glue", but after he sells it you say "hey its WARPED, buy one from me". On top of that he battled for half a year to get a partial refund on a warped rear where you denied it was warped. Magically though, when you see an opportunity to lay the sales pitch, you say it's warped. By the way, your rear lip would cost about $800 CDN to ship to Canada after duty, brokerage, etc.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:12 PM
sluggoZ

Sickboy101...Stephen Gilmore....
Let face it buddy....Geeze your acting like a child & a jerk....you research all of the links pertaining to this subject way ahead of time....
warped?????....it needed to be heated, formed just like ART said to me.

Who's talking about UPS??? they are in the same class as the Post Office as far as I'm concerned.

What's wrong with me trying to get some $$$ from either company for my extra repair cost. Nothing. The only difference from my answer to you is why I won't cover half of your repair cost is mainly YOU not agreeing for the full amount of $400 declaration in the first place going into Canada. Insurance would of covered it all...but you being cheap & trying to save a buck...."you just got what you asked for"...just like the earlier poster said here. Plain & simple!

Enough said.

Last edited by sluggoZ; 02-10-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:25 PM
bender

[/COLOR]

my comments are in red...

I've read his for sale ads. It specifically states the part needs to be heated, fitted, and glued for fitment or it won't look right. Do you know what that means? It means as is you can't slap it on yourself and have a flush fit. Does it mean it's warped? Not if you do as per his instructions. A body shop can manipulate it for fitment. If you're going to do it yourself (which he doesn't recommend) then yes it's going to look warped.

He wanted his partial refund probably because he shouldn't have to go to great lengths to get the thing on and it's already cost him too much to get the thing in the first place. You on the other hand read his thread and decided it was still worth your money and you didn't mind going through the hassle. Why are you complaining? You bought it knowing full well of what you had to do to get it fitted. It says you cant just slap it on. You never even had the thing on your car in the first place so what are you bitching about?

The only issue between you two is the shipping.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Sickboy101

FACTS:

end of the day I'm on the cheap for not paying the full duty - I've already accepted that responsibility - MY MISTAKE

Jerry Salvucci - got a partial refund from ELIA and ART for not following proper installation instructions. He also packed a high end body part in bubble wrap and a plastic bag and shipped it from Ohio, US to Toronto, Canada - HIS MISTAKE

Cost to fix the damaged rear lip is 150.00 Can - asking him to pay for part of the repair is no different what he did going back to ELIA and ART IMO.

Last edited by Sickboy101; 02-10-2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 02-10-2009, 01:14 PM
bender

Cost to fix the damaged rear lip is 150.00 Can - asking him to pay for part of the repair is no different what he did going back to ELIA and ART IMO.
That was an issue with the quality of the rear itself. You knew what you were buying so that's not debatable.

Your issue is with the company shipping the item. We're not talking about a scratch on the piece, it was snapped in half. Don't worry about how he packaged the item. It was good enough for the shipper to take your money, so it's good enough for when they break it. It's not a problem though, just show them how much the item was declared for and whatever insurance you paid. They will take care of it. There is no issue, they deal with this every day. Oh wait, you lied to not pay taxes? But I pay taxes, why are you so special? In fact there are plenty of members here who drive to Buffalo to pick up their shipped items just to save a buck including myself. If not, just pay the taxes.

It's called karma. While other people bust their *** to do things legally, you want to cheat the system and cry when it doesn't work out for you. If you want to do that, go right ahead. Just don't come crying when your part gets damaged.

Why are you even asking for him to pay $75. I find it funny that $75 is pretty much exactly what you saved by lying to the government. You would have had to pay it anyways had you done things legally. It's like a sign from a higher power The karma police were in full effect.

Last edited by bender; 02-10-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:36 PM
sluggoZ

Originally Posted by bender
That was an issue with the quality of the rear itself. You knew what you were buying so that's not debatable.

Your issue is with the company shipping the item. We're not talking about a scratch on the piece, it was snapped in half. Don't worry about how he packaged the item. It was good enough for the shipper to take your money, so it's good enough for when they break it. It's not a problem though, just show them how much the item was declared for and whatever insurance you paid. They will take care of it. There is no issue, they deal with this every day. Oh wait, you lied to not pay taxes? But I pay taxes, why are you so special? In fact there are plenty of members here who drive to Buffalo to pick up their shipped items just to save a buck including myself. If not, just pay the taxes.

It's called karma. While other people bust their *** to do things legally, you want to cheat the system and cry when it doesn't work out for you. If you want to do that, go right ahead. Just don't come crying when your part gets damaged.

Why are you even asking for him to pay $75. I find it funny that $75 is pretty much exactly what you saved by lying to the government. You would have had to pay it anyways had you done things legally. It's like a sign from a higher power The karma police were in full effect.
I had to chime in again...
Thanks bender who I don't know at all....& I wish I did! You said it EXACTLY straight!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:21 PM
sluggoZ

Sorry guys but I have to chime again & hopefully for the last time.... I have to defend myself again.
My email dated feb 8th to Stephen Gilmore states where I said that "I could not find a box". Remember he said to me BS? also read into the link below....

This link will prove to everyone here that this guy Stephen Gilmore is a liar, a very sneaking person and acted in a way to find "angles" to slam my reputation when in reality he is as low of a scum person out there..... he has now bit off more than he can chew....sticking his big foot into his mouth,,,,here is the kabosh guys! Read on....pics & all....Who's telling the truth from day 1....Me & I'm proud of it!

https://my350z.com/forum/private.php...m&pmid=3734290

Daniel Hoefler of ELIA needs to apologize to me for calling me a "cheater"...I also have his email of what he himself has said about this rear skirt.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:51 AM
Sickboy101

[QUOTE=sluggoZ;6933349]

1. Elia gave me a partial refund becuase I wanted $$$ to cover the cost of doing this rear skirt... by me going to another pro body shop who has had experience with after-market mod parts, was this mentioned, NO!....also ART gave me some dollars...

Why does ELIA have to offer you any apology? You took their dollars they refunded. You were supposed to use this to go to a "Pro" body shop. Instead you kept the money and sold the rear skirt to me.

Quick Reply: Need Advice with Shipment Gone Wrong