Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

C7 Fall Tour...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 03:40 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nevermind, i see the whole waiver and jazz ...

anyone else going? apparently it's sunny on sunday now
Old 10-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Kiriller

Im considering, i really need to take a break and go for a rip in a z after this midterm-week madness. By friday if kevin and/or brad dont see this msg ill give them a shout, the cruise could be fun
Old 10-21-2009, 06:07 PM
XERMAN2001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kiriller
Im considering, i really need to take a break and go for a rip in a z after this midterm-week madness. By friday if kevin and/or brad dont see this msg ill give them a shout, the cruise could be fun
my plan was to go, wanted to. but i just found out that its P.A. DAY at Wasaga paintball. thats Player Appreciation Day, its the cheapest day of the year to play. its also the largest, i think there were around 1000 people there last year. ive not been paintballing since the last PA DAY. Ive got over $1200 worth of gear un touched in a year. Ive done a bunch of car stuff this summer and no paintball, so i think iam going to have to skip the tour
Old 10-22-2009, 03:05 PM
35bills

Guys,

Here is an update from C7Performance about the cruise...

Hey there,

Only a few more days till the highly anticipated Fall Tour occurs this coming Sunday.

Some key notes to discuss pre the Fall Tour and as always please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

Starting point

This year we are meeting at the AMC lot BUT near Milestones. So please do not park on Montana’s/Denny’s side as that area is being used for another event.
We are asking that cars be at the starting point by 9:30am, which gives enough time to collect waivers, distribute route directions and have a final speech.
First group (C7) will leave at 10:30am and other groups following in 5 minutes increments. Please be patient in this stage and wait for your group names to be called.

Groups

The maximum cars per group will be 20, as we do not want to block up local traffic. If groups are bigger than 20 they will be split up. For those groups smaller than 20, you will be paired up to amount to 20. If there are groups that have special grouping requests, please email lyla@c7performance.com by Friday 6pm the latest.

Waiver

Please make sure you have signed your waiver for Sunday. There will be extra on hand the day of the event.
If driver does not sign the waiver they will not be able to attend this event.
As well for those planning to take their cars on the track at the end point, you will be asked to sign a waiver before lapping.

Route

Route directions will be available on the Fall Tour website late Saturday night and as well on Sunday. When on the road please make sure you obey the law. Remember we want to show the community we love our cars but are responsible as well.

Police

This year Durham Police and OPP will be attending the Fall Tour, so please remember be courteous and respectable. Remember they are here to support the Fall Tour so let’s keep things on a positive level.

Weather

In the event that the weather does not cooperate, we will have to unfortunately cancel this event and an official email will go out to all participants and as well posted on forums. Being as the Fall Tour is happening later than normal and most are starting to store/demod their cars, it makes it difficult to set an alternative date. So let’s keep positive thinking about the weather and aim for the best.

That all being said we cannot wait to see you on Sunday morning and officially end this year’s season on a very positive note. Thank you for supporting the Fall Tour and we hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy planning this. Remember it is cause of you that we have this happen each year.

Thanks,

EMT of C7 Performance

Brandon Vignando – President and Founder
brandon@c7performance.com

Lyla Razvi – Events Coordinator
lyla@c7performance.com

Colin Caissie – Motorsports Coordinator
colin@c7performance.com

A special thank you goes out to APH and Nextmod this year for sponsoring the fall tour. What with event insurance and various costs it is special organizations like them that help ensure this event can be held for the community.

PS..The weather is looking good for Sunday...11C and sunny!!!!

The guys on Driver are meeting at Kennedy Commons for 830am near Chapters. Feel free to join us there. We will be leaving for Whitby at 9am.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:06 PM
35bills

Last edited by 35bills; 10-22-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Mark@pasmag
Banned

"This year Durham Police and OPP will be attending the Fall Tour"

Hmmmm... Does this mean police will actually be cruising within our groups? I'm hoping i'm wrong here, but if i understand this cruise could be a costly risk for some drivers with any "aftermarket" modifications (i.e. most of us on this site).... The police have been known to use their 'discretion' and hand out tickets or worse seize cars with aftermarket modifications.

anyone else here concerned about that? maybe i'm just paranoid?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:20 PM
ed@aph
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mark@pasmag
anyone else here concerned about that? maybe i'm just paranoid?
I am
Old 10-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Kiriller

For some reason when i read that OPP would be attending i kinda felt happy, why? because they are there to supervise the morons, and yes there are always morons. To be honest in my opinion seeing OPP etc participating in such events show they accept what people do (mod cars/cruse em etc) I just hope they are open minded and not stuck up in term so going on a ticket spree.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Mark@pasmag
Banned

Uggh, i'm pretty sure the police will be looking for A LOT more than agressive drivers (aka morons). As much as the police may seem to support the scene by participating in such an event... remember they already have such a poor track record known for harassing, ticketing and cracking down on enthusiats as easy targets.

As i'm sure many other enthusiasts on this forum will tell you it's just not really worth the risk. With so many HTA law's open to an officer's 'discretion' they can (and do) write tickets for anything from a lowered suspension and air intake to turbo kits and wider aftermarket wheels... just ridiculous.

Hopefully C7 organizers can address / explain if this will be the case. I was looking forward to the C7 Cruise.... not sure anymore though

I've emailed C7 to clarify the role police will play at the event.

Last edited by Mark@pasmag; 10-23-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:17 PM
brandon6976

naw the police are just there to watch for the moron's on the road, we've had the police before at the events. They are pretty relaxed. They tend to overlook small stuff (loud exhaust or illegal lights etc).

However if you show up on cut springs and your car is flat our a road hazard they will bug ya. So its common sense, if you're driving with like crazy mods and a dealers plate you're going to have a bad time. If you've just got a nice car with a slightly loud exhaust or some HIDs and stuff like that which I would say are pretty "regular" type of mods you aren't going to get harassed.

Ohh unless you start doing a burn out or something stupid like that. Then they'll probably give you lots of trouble. Trust me guys my car has always been pretty modded and the police have always known about the event. Just go enjoy the day and just realize its a cruise, not a race.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:41 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks like a great day. Have fun guys
Old 10-26-2009, 08:56 AM
XERMAN2001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so how was it?
Old 10-27-2009, 03:50 AM
GEE35X

It was a great day.
There were lots of Police parked along the route. I never saw any problems. The only morons I saw driving were some of the public NOT in the cruise.
Too bad , I did not see any Z's.

Here is a link to pics of the run on driver. http://g35driver.com/forums/canada/312601-c7-fall-tour-2009-picture-thread.html